Author Topic: Any tricks to installing a Benelli M2 mag extension  (Read 1096 times)

Offline Kagetsu

• Prepper
Any tricks to installing a Benelli M2 mag extension
« on: November 08, 2012, 11:37:38 PM »
I'm finding it impossible to compress the spring to even get close to screwing it in place without it bowing outward. It's a freakin  long spring and really hurts my fingers.  :'(

Offline flippydidit

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Keep 'em shooting!
Re: Any tricks to installing a Benelli M2 mag extension
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 11:55:58 PM »
What manufacturer/model extension kit are you using?  Are you trying to install the spring as it came originally in the package?  Some of the extension kits require you to trim the spring length to the shotgun it is being installed on.  Those springs come ridiculously over-sized in length.  Here's one site that explains the issue:

http://localshooting.com/blog/how-to-make-a-benelli-m2-field-shotgun-3-gun-ready-for-less-than-200/

From this site:

The kit from Nordic comes with the extension tube, nut, and a new spring. Nordic recommends cutting the spring 10 to 16 inches longer than the magazine tube length. Benny Hill recommends 12” longer, so I cut the spring 33 inches long. To prevent the spring from binding to the shell follower or to the magazine tube, bend in both spring ends. Insert the new spring in the shotgun magazine and compress it until you can install the magazine extension.

If this is not your problem, let me know and we'll troubleshoot further.
Nate
Military/civilian gunsmith/machinist
CEO and Founder of PermEscapes
PermEscapes
PermEscapes on Facebook

"One of these centuries, the brutes, private or public, who believe that they can rule their betters by force, will learn the lesson of what happens when brute force encounters mind and force."
— Ragnar Danneskjöld, from Atlas Shrugged (Ayn Rand)

Offline Kagetsu

• Prepper
Re: Any tricks to installing a Benelli M2 mag extension
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 05:31:55 PM »
What manufacturer/model extension kit are you using?  Are you trying to install the spring as it came originally in the package?  Some of the extension kits require you to trim the spring length to the shotgun it is being installed on.  Those springs come ridiculously over-sized in length.  Here's one site that explains the issue:

http://localshooting.com/blog/how-to-make-a-benelli-m2-field-shotgun-3-gun-ready-for-less-than-200/

From this site:

If this is not your problem, let me know and we'll troubleshoot further.
I went for a Benelli accessory extension and figured it would be all exact.

I'm thinking its going to require cutting, as the gap between gun and extension is greater than for the +2 extension that came with the gun