Author Topic: edwardian, victorian, wartime farm  (Read 842 times)

Offline Radicalized American

• Fledgling Prepper
  • homesteader
edwardian, victorian, wartime farm
« on: November 09, 2012, 12:17:51 PM »
Hi, I was lucky to catch these great shows on YouTube after we heard about them, but they seem to have disappeared or have been removed.  I am watching on my android app so I am not sure if that is what happened or not, but I was hoping to watch them again.   I also have found Victorian pharmacy, and Victorian kitchen which are slightly less interesting, but worth a watch if it interests you. Has anyone else noticed the disappearance of these shows?
" Deserves got nothin to do with it"  the unforgiven

Offline Serenity Gulch

• Survivor
    • Serenity Gulch Farm
Re: edwardian, victorian, wartime farm
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 12:40:28 PM »
Yes. I pulled up the playlist Jack had compiled for the Victorian Farm episodes, only to find them all marked as "Video Deleted"  :(
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take my broccoli!
www.serenitygulchfarm.com

Better a house, | though a hut it be,
A man is master at home;
A pair of goats | and a patched-up roof
Are better far than begging."
Hávamál - Translation by H.A. Bellows

Offline Chemsoldier

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 10:51:54 AM »
Perhaps it shows Jack has a fair influence on things.  When he recommends something it gets enough of a bounce that someone realizes they could make money moving it through a paying service.

At the moment it looks like all the "farm" series shows are only available region coded for UK and other non-US formats.  There are some sites that do illegal file sharing that have it though I do not advocate their use nor do I use them myself (seriously, I dont, that isnt some pro-forma thing I throw up there).

My wife and I like Brit-programming so much we have considered buy a complete UK encoded system (to include transformer) and buy them in the original formatting.  BBC America needs to get rid of the American programming like Battlestar Galactica and actually show more UK programming on their station.  Its why I pay for it.
"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing, after they've tried everything else"
-Winston Churchill

"You think health care is expensive now? Wait until its free!"
-P.J. O'Rourke

Offline Cedar

• Autarkist Queen
  • Master Ant
  • Dont wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 11:16:21 AM »
I am so glad I watched it when I did.. and so sad I did not cram the time and watch the rest of them. It was up as much as 2 days ago :o(

Cedar
"Do not breathe simply to exist."

Offline LibertyBelle

• Munches with goats...
  • Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 01:30:05 PM »
If you've watched them since last cleaning out your temp files, you may be able to go in there and find that they are still on your computer (which is why they say to delete temp files on a reg basis, so that your computer doesn't get bogged down).  If they are still there, create a new folder in under Videos and then move the temp video file to the new folder.  Depending on the source/format, it's then saved on your hard drive (or thumb drives as the case may be) so that you can watch it whenever you want. I've successfully done this with various videos/news clips.

There are also supposed to be some free on-line programs (I believe one is called KeepVid or something similar) that are supposed to enable the saving of youtube videos to your computer...

Like with River Cottage (I love Hugh! :-*)...I'm planning on getting the complete boxed DVD set. Granted, I can't watch either of them them on my regular DVD player since I don't have a region-free player (US is Region 1, while the UK is Region 2, and they are not compatible :(), but I can, however,  play them via my computer's DVD player. So I simply hook my computer up to my TV and watch them on the television screen. :)

Offline Cedar

• Autarkist Queen
  • Master Ant
  • Dont wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 04:17:24 PM »
I found them as I had to re-insert them into my blog.

Episode 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8vaexIRSZ0
Episode 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccrgfnLg_Ig&feature=relmfu
Episode 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTq3M3X_AlY&feature=relmfu
Episode 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m_XcLCE0Ug&feature=relmfu
Episode 5 still looking for
Episode 6 still looking for
Episode 7 still looking for
Episode 8 still looking for

There are some torrents for them

Cedar

and I rather like this one too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYcmY6YvHCo
"Do not breathe simply to exist."