Author Topic: Listerine...the original  (Read 974 times)

Offline PE

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Listerine...the original
« on: November 09, 2012, 08:53:18 PM »
Just stumbled upon a remarkable tooth pain alleviation...a capfull of Listerine (a capfull does plenty of good, you are just wasting it using more) on the effected area and you can start to feel it calm down the pain almost immediately.  Keep it there for about 5 to 10 minutes and then spit it out.  The next day make an appointment to get it at least seen, filled or extracted.  Another wonderful use for Listerine, is when you have the very begining of a sore throat....gargle with just a cap full and gargle so you actually get a trickle down....it will make you gag, big time, do this before you spit it out.  Many times I have done this, a small brownish flem will follow about 5 seconds later and I will not have a sore throat the next day.  It is definitely something to have in your first aid supplies.  PE

Offline hedgewitch

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Listerine...the original
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 10:59:33 AM »
Listerine is also good to put in a spray bottle and spray around your doors and on your lawn furniture to keep mosquito's and flies away

Offline joeinwv

• The Bee Whisperer
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 12:05:17 PM »
I mix it 50 / 50 with peroxide and use it as a pre brush rinse.

Offline rustyknife

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 03:28:25 PM »
I've used it on cuts on my hands and arms when I didn't have anything else. Burns like heck but effective.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." Thomas Paine

"Survival is a form of rebellion, living is the punishment" Mr. Smith from the movie "The Way Back"

"Those who would give up freedom for a little security deserve neither" Ben Franklin

Ride hard as you can, rest when you die
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thouroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "man what a ride!" Author unknown

Offline Freebirde

• Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 04:39:22 PM »
Here is the web site.   http://www.listerine.com/products/product-original

I've used it on cuts on my hands and arms when I didn't have anything else. Burns like heck but effective.

It ought to burn, it's 54 proof!
With all the new and different mistakes out there waiting to be made, why keep repeating the same ones?

http://www.extension.org/

I just don't let preconceptions get in the way of doing what needs to be done.

Si hortum in bibliotheca habes, nihil deerit
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline SpareMag

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 05:37:27 PM »
USMC bootcamp (1982) we were issued Listerine and then when we got to our assigned DIs they collected all of it (along with the laundry soap Whisk) and put it all in the "Whisky Locker" (yeah no kiddin')~~~the Listerine was used in cleaning/sterilizing, they would spray a bit in our mouth before high-ranking inspections, but mostly it was locked up so recruits wouldn't drink it to attempt drunkeness or suicide.

dang that was 30 years ago... :o
USMC vet

Offline Thomas Johnson

• Prepper
  • Survivalist DeLuxe :-)
    • Survival Guide
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 05:25:35 AM »
Yeah, its perfect for numbing the mouth before you pull a tooth. I know that some tatoo parlors use it on people who is getting tongue piercings. Good for disinfections and cleaning as well.
Full time wilderness guide and freelance writer for ablesurvivor.com
"We are just 9 meals from anarchy"