Author Topic: SHTF in Israel?  (Read 2422 times)

Offline cmxterra

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Bugging out in style.
SHTF in Israel?
« on: November 14, 2012, 07:29:41 PM »
In real time.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1391229_Live_from_Gaza.html&page=1

Seems that it just got real over there. Reports of Egypt moving and all sorts of fun. Hope this is a false alarm.
concordia discors

Oderint dum metuat

Offline Polar Bear

• Survivalist Mentor
Re: SHTF in Israel?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 09:39:50 PM »
I wish it was, but it could go either way.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/ML_ISRAEL_PALESTINIANS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-11-14-19-33-59

And it escallates.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/11/14/top-hamas-commander-reportedly-killed-in-israeli-airstrike/?test=latestnews

CNN is talking about it now.  How far it goes or speads depends up to them.

Crud.  It keeps escalating as I post.  Now Israel is calling up reserves and considering a ground war.

http://www.jpost.com/Defense/Article.aspx?id=291906

They are calling it "Operation Pillar of Defense".
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 09:46:38 PM by Polar Bear »

Offline Cedar

• Autarkist Queen
  • Master Ant
  • Dont wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 10:37:32 PM »
"Do not breathe simply to exist."

Offline cmxterra

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Bugging out in style.
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 11:09:29 PM »
concordia discors

Oderint dum metuat

Offline Cedar

• Autarkist Queen
  • Master Ant
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 11:45:02 PM »
I am also watching http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hanissalamah

Saw 2 missles go over and it set off a bunch of turkeys to gobble gobble.. yeah.. like Thanksgiving turkeys.. if it has not been so serious it would have been funny.

Cedar

Offline cmxterra

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Bugging out in style.
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 04:02:29 PM »
I am also watching http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hanissalamah

Saw 2 missles go over and it set off a bunch of turkeys to gobble gobble.. yeah.. like Thanksgiving turkeys.. if it has not been so serious it would have been funny.

Cedar

I heard those too.. They must have silenced the rooster.
concordia discors

Oderint dum metuat

Offline atherts

• Survivalist Mentor
  • TSP and Guinness Supporter
    • Karott Productions
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 07:25:29 PM »
As my granddaughter says while we're watching the Coyote chase the Roadrunner, "This isn't going to end well".
--------------------------

Scott

"Chance favors the prepared mind."  Louis Pasteur
TSP Members Support Brigade

Offline Cedar

• Autarkist Queen
  • Master Ant
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 08:27:06 PM »
Another live cam when the other one is off http://www.ustream.tv/channel/gaza-news

Cedar

Offline Cedar

• Autarkist Queen
  • Master Ant
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 09:02:35 PM »

Offline cmxterra

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Bugging out in style.
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 09:26:52 PM »
It's been quiet for a while
concordia discors

Oderint dum metuat

Offline Cedar

• Autarkist Queen
  • Master Ant
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 09:30:20 PM »
Probably as one side is moving troops and other things to the border?

Cedar

Offline cmxterra

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Bugging out in style.
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 09:32:38 PM »
If it really is a full on land invasion and Egypt gets involved then don't be shocked in sunshine in a can gets opened.

I hope I am really really really wrong.
concordia discors

Oderint dum metuat

Offline Cedar

• Autarkist Queen
  • Master Ant
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 10:08:48 PM »
If it really is a full on land invasion and Egypt gets involved then don't be shocked in sunshine in a can gets opened.

There is reports coming in that the Gaza side sent a rocket which landed 500 yards from the Egyptian border guard shack at Rafah Crossing. I think it was reported at 6:45 pm Pacific time tonight. It didnt sound like Cairo was too impressed.

Cedar

Offline atherts

• Survivalist Mentor
  • TSP and Guinness Supporter
    • Karott Productions
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 10:22:55 PM »
I know this is a biased perspective, but if you are at all Biblically inclined, messing with Israel isn't a good idea, and neither is not supporting them.

If you had to be a woman or gay, would you rather be in Israel, or in any surrounding country?

There was no way they should have won the 6 day war....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six-Day_War

They are still there and stronger.

I'm just sayin....
--------------------------

Scott

"Chance favors the prepared mind."  Louis Pasteur
TSP Members Support Brigade

Offline Cedar

• Autarkist Queen
  • Master Ant
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 11:00:59 PM »
I am watching it for a different reason and have no political side on any of them. Having never been in a warzone, I want to see from the safety of my couch how the normal people are doing there. I want to see what is changed, what is the same, what they have to compromise on for daily living safely.

When there are refugees somewhere, like Syria, Africa, Haiti or the like, I want to see how they are managing in the early days of tent cities, I want to see a year later how they are managing. When they are on migration to wherever they are going, I want to see how they are moving things, what they are taking, what weird items they occasionally cart along with them which make no sense to me, but evidently mean a great deal to them. What help they get, what they are not. How they manage with their families, children. Etc.

Cedar

Offline strambeer

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 12:48:01 AM »
As a TSP listener and resident of Beer Sheva, I think its appropriate for me to offer some clarification of the situation on the ground here.  My family are well but on edge.  We have been hunkering down right next to our safe room for the past 48 hours.  Every home/apartment built after 1990 is required to have a reinforced room.  In the last 48 hours well over 300 rockets have been fired into Israel.  I've lost count how many have been fired at my city. We here in Beer Sheva are grateful the IDF (Israeli Defense Forces) implemented the Iron Dome Anti missile system.  Its not 100% accurate but its been quite effective shooting a portion of the rockets out of the sky.  Not every community is has this luxury.

We are so grateful to Jack and his advice we have enough supplies to get ready for the long hall.   We have a strong community here and everyone is looking out for each other.

The targeted killing of Ahmed al-Jabar was long overdue. This piece of shit was responsible for hundreds if not thousands of rockets fired into Southern Israel and the kidnapping of Gilad Shalit. Israel has suffered from rocket attacks from Gaza for over 12 years now.  At the time, only residents living a mile or two from the border were effected.  Just yesterday two rockets fell in Tel Aviv 45 miles away.  This has put well over 5,000,000 Israelis in rocket range. 

Our neighbor works in the emergency room at the hospital.  Most of the injuries sustained are broken legs and other injuries as a result of falling while running to take cover when a siren is heard. He also reports that our doctors are treating Gazans as well. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or if you need clarification.  Please check the sources of your news before you pass judgment.  There have already been false reports from and Gazans faking injuries for the cameras.  Understand, its hard to defend this kind of thing when the terrorist are using schools and hospitals as their launching pads.   

Offline Cedar

• Autarkist Queen
  • Master Ant
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2012, 01:16:07 AM »
Hello strambeer. I hope you and your family stay safe. Here in the States it is difficult to get much news on what is happening over there where you are other than small blurbs, as they are mostly reporting on the general/sex scandal. I am having to go to numberous out of country sites to get any idea what is happening. Several people I have talked to here at home have not heard what has been happening over there.  I am watching live cams to keep an eye on what is happening for my own info. I have been looking for some live cams from Israel but no luck so far. I have found two on the Gaza Strip, but as soon as I finish this post I will look for some from your city.

Cedar

Offline Vulcan

• Senior Survivalist
    • My 13-In-13 Page
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 02:55:48 AM »
It's good to hear you are safe and have some preps ready to keep you going. It is very frustrating that we Americans can't get any solid info on it; as Cedar said the whole sex scandal is all I am hearing about and it makes me want to vomit. If you are able to give is solid updates that would be amazing!

Offline strambeer

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 07:27:11 AM »
Things haven't changed since my past post.  At one point we will get a volley of 10-20 rockets and then it will eerily quiet.  I took my family out of rocket range for a few hours and we enjoyed some time outdoors.  On our way back into the city we got siren notifying incoming rockets. The option  I pulled over and found a drainage culvert and we jumped inside and waited it out.  Stuff gets your blood boiling. 

Two more rockets hit Tel Aviv today.  The news reported here the government called up 16,000 reservist.  I'm already getting email from coworkers who are on their way. 

Sorry, we just had a siren while I was writing.  Got to go be with the kids.

I'll post more later.

Offline chickchoc

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 09:35:59 AM »
Howdy Strambeer!  Thanks for posting on the ground updates.  The US media is totally worthless and I no longer watch or listen to anything broadcast as a result.  God keep you and yours safe.

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website maintenance services by Mr. Bill
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2012, 11:53:31 AM »
[moderator]
I'm moving this topic to our Current Severe Emergency Situations board because, well, having missiles raining down on your town sounds pretty severe.

Please, let's keep this topic on the current situation, prepping, and related issues.  Politics, religion, etc are off-topic for this board unless directly related to the emergency.  Thanks.
[/moderator]

Strambeer (and everyone else in the region): best wishes, and stay safe!

Online Smurf Hunter

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2012, 12:11:51 PM »
[moderator]
I'm moving this topic to our Current Severe Emergency Situations board because, well, having missiles raining down on your town sounds pretty severe.

Please, let's keep this topic on the current situation, prepping, and related issues.  Politics, religion, etc are off-topic for this board unless directly related to the emergency.  Thanks.
[/moderator]

Strambeer (and everyone else in the region): best wishes, and stay safe!

I'll be praying for our fellow TSPers in harm's way. 

Offline Shaunypoo

• Dedicated Contributor
  • "He is a platypus, they don't do much." - Phineas
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2012, 01:54:50 PM »
You and yours stay safe, we are all listening.
“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  Robert Heinlein

"There's this new thing called Situational Awareness!"  Sterling Archer

Offline nkawtg

• Survival Demonstrator
  • NKAWTG
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2012, 06:46:18 PM »
I was listening to an interview yesterday from a resident of Tel Aviv, and one thing that hit me was she doesn't have a lot of food storage because no body makes kosher preps.
Quite a concern for Orthodox Jews.
Psalm 109:8

Offline Cedar

• Autarkist Queen
  • Master Ant
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2012, 08:51:25 PM »

Offline Cedar

• Autarkist Queen
  • Master Ant
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2012, 09:05:33 PM »
This is one or the other, but this one is movable, not stationary http://switch3.castup.net/cunet/gm.asp?ai=386&ar=NanaTV01&dr=02:30:00%20-%202k%20-

Cedar

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2012, 09:52:57 PM »
Keeping you in my thoughts, strambeer. I have seen a few reports showing families in their reinforced shelters and was thinking that it was very impressive that people are so prepared in Israel, but also that it is so sad that you must endure this.

Offline monkeyboyf

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2012, 11:38:23 PM »
I am praying for the safety of strambeer and other TSP families and the nation of Israel.
We will always be prepared, so we may always be free.
 Ronald Reagan
uh, I am a female

Offline strambeer

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2012, 10:43:36 AM »
I guess the moderator moved the thread. I'm not too familiar with how the forum works so my apologies if this post ends up in the previous thread. 

We are are hunkering down for the long haul. Our city has had over 13 sirens today.  Each time a salvo of rockets come in.  Since Wednesday 750 rockets have been fired into Israel.    An Israeli family of three were killed when their apartment sustained a direct hit.  One of the killed was pregnant and another little boy was severely injured.    Rockets have landed as far as Tel Aviv and the capital, Jerusalem.  Its safe to say Israel is going to snap.  I have six coworkers who have informed me they received their papers and are being called up for the reserves.   

I have had a lot of questions (since this is a survival forum) how does one get prepared for such a thing.  Unfortunately, this situation was expected.  The Home Front Command Division of the IDF (Israel Defense Forces) is very active in sharing information how to behave during rocket attacks.  Perhaps after this is over I will share links to their site.  I don't want to overwhelm their servers for the people that really need the information right now.

They've gone nation wide and sent pamphlets door-to-door and explained some basic survival tips, 30 days of food, "Bug-out" bag, gas mask instructions, safe room supplies etc...  They also give clear instructions on how to react to a siren.  I've gone a bit beyond and prepared the kids with pleanty of things to do.  I also want to make sure my wife is fully supplied in the event I too am called up for reserve duty.   

Communication between the government and the citizens is excellent.  They use the usual technologies, facebook, twitter, radio, tv...   They even have a beeper system for our deaf citizens who can not hear the sirens.  The siren system is very advanced in that they can pinpoint the city (and sometimes even the neighborhood) as to where the rocket will land.  My wife who works in Sderot told me they can pinpoint ground zero by 1 kilometer.  The iron dome anti-missle system has to be the best piece of technology ever out there. Is almost Sci-fi that they are able to shoot missiles out of the sky.  Its not 100% and not every community is blessed with it,  but its definitely saved hundreds of lives and prevented damage.

Thank you all for your support.  To those who are cleaning up after Sandy my prayers are with you.  Have a happy Thanksgiving to all.

Strambeer

Offline Cedar

• Autarkist Queen
  • Master Ant
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2012, 03:30:44 PM »
Strambeer, thank you so much for the updates. I am not hearing any of that what you are telling us here on any media. I can only see what is happening on cams and I don't know how you do it, but I get on edge when I hear the air sirens happening even thousands of miles away over the live cams.

I am glad your gov't there is teaching and getting people to help themselves. They really sound on top of things for their populace.

Stay safe to you and yours.

Cedar