Author Topic: Belleville boot sizing problem  (Read 1186 times)

Offline bleak

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Belleville boot sizing problem
« on: November 14, 2012, 11:36:14 PM »
I really want to get Belleville 880's but I am thoroughly confused about which size to get. I'm a 10.5" D width in shoe size. I've never owned boots other than Doc Martins. I'm also looking at boot socks that are somewhere between thick and thin.

These are some of the things I've been reading either in reviews or web sites in general.

At militaryboots.com, it says the following on all Belleville boots pages...
Note: Belleville boots tend to run a full size too large. We recommend ordering a full size down. This means if you wear a size 10, you should order a size 9
Amazon...
Question: are they going by boot size or shoe size, as for the sizing?
Answer: They say shoe, I went 1/2 size larger than I normally wear. I typically wear 11's but the boots are 11.5 and fit comfortably.
At midwestboots.com...
**Belleville Boots Run About 1/2 to 1 Full Size Large

If anyone who owns these boots (either 700, 770, 800, 880) or has an experienced opinion, tell me how they chose the size they did and how they fitted, that would be great. Thanks!

Offline phobos

• Prepper
Re: Belleville boot sizing problem
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 06:59:38 AM »
I have 3 pares of bellevilles; 2 700 and 1 700s. I normally ware 10 ee in tines shews, if I can find theme. The bellevilles are 11s I think. The label is gone in all of them. The ones I have wear military issued. At basic training they had boots in every size. I had to try on several boots be for i fond the right size. If i was you i would find the right size at an army surplus store. If you get them online make shearer they have a good return policy. Good luck.