Author Topic: Croos country skiing for transport.  (Read 541 times)

Offline Thomas Johnson

• Prepper
  • Survivalist DeLuxe :-)
    • Survival Guide
Croos country skiing for transport.
« on: November 18, 2012, 03:58:22 AM »
In the wintermonths I often go skiing! I use crosscountry skiĀ“s and find it to be a very good workout as well as an excellent transport on the snow! It is also the base of my winter season preps.
Full time wilderness guide and freelance writer for ablesurvivor.com
"We are just 9 meals from anarchy"

Offline FromScratchWoman

• Survivalist Mentor
  • "Never tasted store bought meat until I was 17"
    • Cold Creek Homestead
Re: Croos country skiing for transport.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 10:58:21 AM »
I would remember if it is that time of year and that is your only way out in a crazy situation that great workout could kill you in the form of you sweating becoming damp and then easily falling victim to hypothermia..not trying to rain on a sunny day just pointing out a possible hazard to consider..
"We are buried beneath the weight of information, which is being confused with knowledge; quantity is being confused with abundance and wealth with happiness.

We are monkeys with money and guns."
-Tom Waits

http://www.youtube.com/ColdCreekHomestead
Lot's of shotty taken videos on here but they get a point across now and then!

www.ColdCreekHomestead.com
AKC Great Pyrennes Livestock Guardians
Ancona Ducks
Splash Jersey Giant chickens
And so much more!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cold-Creek-Homestead/198375243588171
This is my above sights Facebook page, Lots of useless info but if you look hard enough ya may like us ;)

Offline Thomas Johnson

• Prepper
  • Survivalist DeLuxe :-)
    • Survival Guide
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 03:24:11 AM »
Think you missunderstood the thread. The workout is for regular everyday training.. just like some people do jogging or swimming. In a bug out situation when the ground is covered in snow, you would save boatloads of energy by using this smart method of moving. But as with everything else you must be carefull not to build up to much of a sweat, as you point out it could be deadly! Same rule goes for walking on foot or using snowshoes.
Full time wilderness guide and freelance writer for ablesurvivor.com
"We are just 9 meals from anarchy"

Offline MTUCache

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 08:13:40 AM »
Well, i hope you're north of the 45th parallel. :p
Say what you will about climate change and the causes for it, but the ski season in Michigan has dwindled to a couple months in a year... not exactly a consistant season either. Without lake-effect it would be even less viable.
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America (1835)

"I worry about the effects on the long-run stability and efficiency of our financial system if the Fed attempts to substitute its judgments for those of the market. Such a regime would only increase the unhealthy tendency of investors to pay more attention to rumors about policymakers' attitudes than to the economic fundamentals that by rights should determine the allocation of capital." - Ben Bernanke, "Asset-Price 'Bubbles' and Monetary Policy" (October 15, 2002) i.e., Debacle + Irony = FED