Author Topic: Sig Sauer M400 Enhanced on Sale @ Walmart  (Read 2871 times)

Offline Rishmoca

• Prepper
Sig Sauer M400 Enhanced on Sale @ Walmart
« on: November 21, 2012, 12:27:26 PM »
Walmart has the Sig M400 Enhanced on sale tomorrow for $846.00. Does anyone know if this is a great price or not? I cant also seem to find any reviews on it either. I currently have a  stainless Mini 14 with the foldible stock. Would it make any sense swapping the Mini for an AR in case SHTF?

Offline Joe_Nobody

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Sig Sauer M400 Enhanced on Sale @ Walmart
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 07:22:31 PM »
In a SHTF world, if there was a Mini-14 and a AR15 sitting side by side - and I could take either - the AR is in my hand every single time. The reasons why are somewhat technical, while another part of that statement is just my preference. Before I would hazard an answer to "would it make sense to swap," I would have to ask a bunch of questions about your specific situation.

As for the Sig M400, that is a good price as far as I can tell. I saw two sellers on the web at about the same, but after shipping costs, the Walmart deal looks solid.

Let us know if you buy a new blaster. Always interesting in hearing how things work out.

Offline 1floridacracker

• Prepper
  • it is easier to get forgiveness than permission
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 05:43:12 PM »
sounds good to me, i am going there tomorrow and check it out  :)

Offline Cooter Brown

• Survivalist Mentor
    • The Regular Guy Review
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 06:02:50 PM »
Joe's got more cred than I do, but I'd go just the opposite. If I could only take 1, the AR would stay and the Mini would go with.My reasons too, are personal as well as technical.

If you can, I'd say get the SIG and keep the Mini. Having both, you can decide for yourself which one meets your needs in what particular situation.

$846 is a great price for the enhanced. MSRP is $1200+. Buds has the standard model at $916.
“The best way to execute French cooking is to get good and loaded and whack the hell out of a chicken. Bon appétit. ”
                     -Julia Child

On the Web at:  The Regular Guy Review

Offline Joe_Nobody

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 06:54:38 PM »
When it comes to selecting a shoulder fired weapon, Joe's (my) creds don't mean squat.

Cooter is dead center on - if you can go shoot both side by side, thats the best. You can pick which one fits for you.

Rifles are like pizza, rock bands and Victoria Secret models - every fella has his preference. Just cause I like thin crust, don't mean its the best.

Good post Cooter - wish I had thought to suggest a side-by-side.

Offline liftsboxes

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Quit Whining
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 05:07:25 AM »
When it comes to selecting a shoulder fired weapon, Joe's (my) creds don't mean squat.

Cooter is dead center on - if you can go shoot both side by side, thats the best. You can pick which one fits for you.

Rifles are like pizza, rock bands and Victoria Secret models - every fella has his preference. Just cause I like thin crust, don't mean its the best.

Good post Cooter - wish I had thought to suggest a side-by-side.

That's the problem, not many Vicky Secret models with Chicago style crusts.