Author Topic: NeverWet Users?  (Read 1949 times)

Offline hopefulsurvivalist

• Prepper
NeverWet Users?
« on: September 15, 2014, 12:30:50 PM »
Hey! I have been looking at NeverWet videos and wondering if anyone here has been using it? It's a pretty cool spray on waterproofer.  If it works well (and breathes) it could be used on backpacks, gloves, tools, boots... and a ton of other stuff.  Does anyone know how it breathes? How long it lasts? Sun? Abrasion resistance? It seems like this can waterproof everything. Hopefully that's the case if I get it.

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
Re: NeverWet Users?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 12:36:54 PM »
I'm interested in it also, but wonder how long it lasts. anyone test it?

Offline hopefulsurvivalist

• Prepper
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 12:47:23 PM »

Offline TiredOldGrunt

• Senior Survivalist
  • Tabbed: "Regular Guy"
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 05:21:46 PM »
Yeah, I saw the Youtube video and I was all excited. I think it only lasted long enough for the youtube video! The more research I did, the better Camp Dry looked...

TOG

endurance

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 03:15:37 AM »
I wonder if this is the same or a similar treatment as DWR?  Seems very similar in that the water just beads off a fabric that looks like it would otherwise absorb it. There has been some criticism that DWR doesn't last and I can attest to that with a hat I bought and noticed it's water resistance fade over a few months. However, if I could restore that repellency every 3-4 months, even for $20 a shot that might be worth it to me for some outerwear items. That said, I think I'll wait and see on the next generation non-white version.