Author Topic: WTF is wrong with bulkammo.com???  (Read 1243 times)

Offline Adam Campbell

• Dedicated Contributor
    • Adam Kenneth Campbell Photography
WTF is wrong with bulkammo.com???
« on: June 23, 2020, 04:17:22 PM »
I placed an order from Bulk Ammo about 2 months ago with zero problems. Took a bit longer to ship than I'd have liked but it wasn't a big deal at all.

Now I am trying to place another order and all I get is a message saying...

"Due to circumstances outside of our control we are not able to ship to your area at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience."

No explanation, nothing. Was there some bulls#!+ law passed in Pennsylvania in the last 2 months stopping them from being able to ship ammo here?

Is it some BS with the shipping companies?

Am I no longer able to order f-ing ammo on the internet, or is it just this one company that decided they won't ship here anymore?

Offline Bradbn4

• Dedicated Contributor
Re: WTF is wrong with bulkammo.com???
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 05:59:54 PM »
I did a few google searches and did not spot anything specific to your state on shipping.  I have used that company in the past without any issues.

Ammo does ship differently than normal goods, ORM-D depending on what you are shipping.  While this shipping method is restricted; it is not as restrictive as Hazmat.

I know some areas do restrict guns, ammo, etc in some states of emergency.

I have had luck with this and other mail order companies in the past.  The last one I used was Aim Surplus for a few boxes of soft point hunting ammo a few weeks past.   Maybe try a small order from one of those sites to see if it is an issue.

I would send an email to  CustomerService@BulkAmmo.com   to see if they can indicate what the problems are.

I did have one item from Ohio take 21 days or so to ship to me via USPS.  I watched the package bounce all around before it made a mad dash and arrived safely.

Offline Adam Campbell

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 10:22:06 PM »
I did email them. All I got in response was some BS answer that makes no sense.

"Thank you for reaching out! Unfortunately, due to everything going on right now in the country we had to suspend shipping to certain areas of the country.

Our team is working around the clock to meet the demand we are currently facing.

Please keep checking our site often as we hope to catch up soon and resume shipping to your location.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us."

They were out of stock on what I wanted last week, and then this week they had exactly what I was looking for and BAM — no shipping for you!

With NO explanation as to what is going on.

I've gone to a bunch of other "bulk ammo" sites and they consider a box of 20 rounds of .223 at $1 a round to be "bulk." No thanks LOL.

Offline Adam Campbell

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 10:24:49 PM »
Now they are sold out of what I was looking for.

That's the last time I even so much as browse that garbage site.

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2020, 07:18:13 AM »
I've had nothing but good experiences with bulkammo. I think what we have now is some very unusually high demand which has a lot of suppliers scrambling. It may well be that they have determined that certain regions have more problems with lost/damaged shipments or that they can only take care of certain states effectively based on their home of operations.

You're right in moving on, though, if they aren't shipping to your region.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2020, 07:38:20 AM »
I don't know what drove Bulkammo.com's decision.and have always had good experiences with them. But for information, there is a huge draconian ammo law under committee review right now.  Libertarian's are fighting hard against it but it is being pushed by Republicans with Democrats cheering them on.  It would ban online ammo sales within Pennsylvania.  Might be one to call your Congress critter about.

https://www.guns.com/news/2020/03/16/pa-bill-would-ban-direct-internet-ammo-sales-require-50-permit-to-buy-bullets
PA Bill Would Ban Direct Internet Ammo Sales, Require $50 Permit to Buy Bullets

Offline Adam Campbell

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2020, 07:41:39 AM »
They won't pass that here. The PA house AND senate BOTH voted to end the Governor Wolf shutdown and declare his orders null and void. He won't comply so they are going to have to take it to court now.

There is also a bill in the house to impeach his ass too. PA is red enough that they can propose whatever draconian BS they want but it won't pass. 90% of them would lose their jobs over it and get voted out.

1 out of every 12 people in this state has a carry permit.

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2020, 03:49:24 PM »
It could have something to do with your problem getting ammo shipped, though.

Online FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2020, 04:59:41 PM »
Back before California's Ammogeddon laws went into effect several years ago, I had nothing but great service from BulkAmmo and seriously destroyed my FedEx guy's back toward the end of 2017.  Since then they won't ship ammo to me but I'll buy ammo cans from them when they go on sale.

Offline Adam Campbell

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2020, 08:39:03 AM »
I was just curious and sent them a reply to the email they sent. They said it is completely an "internal issue" and that they are "working hard to get to the point where they can ship to me again."

What I don't understand is what's the f-ing difference between shipping a box to Pennsylvania or shipping it to South Dakota, or shipping it to Tennessee or Florida?

You print out a shipping label, stick it on a f-ing box, and then wait until FedEx / UPS or whatever shows up to pick up said box? What difference does it make as to WHAT ADDRESS to put on it if your business is experiencing heavy sales volume?

I absolutely DESPISE when people try feeding me a complete load of horse crap and expect me to just eat it.

Offline r_w

• Dedicated Contributor
  • On my way
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2020, 01:11:12 PM »
Interstate sales and shipping are a total pain in the @$$ now that states try to collect sales tax.

It is NOT as simple as it should be.

Offline Bradbn4

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2020, 04:23:35 PM »
I have had other problems with shipping from other companies.  Sometimes it is because I live in Colorado and while I ordered the item to be shipped to Texas.  They flipped out and said oh no, you can't have that in Colorado...but it is going to Texas....and it is ok there.

I did have to sign a letter indicating that no, the 30 round magazines were not for re-importation to Colorado.  At that point I just stopped buying those sort of gifts.  I just give them money and a link so they can buy it themselves.

Also, a good company I love to do business with has said...no more to Colorado unless you are not in a city.  Seems like the city, county, and state taxes was just too much of a pain to deal with.    The rule was, if you live in the County, you only pay state tax. If you live in the city you pay state, county, and city. 

Offline Adam Campbell

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2020, 09:34:10 PM »
That actually makes sense and wasn't something I thought of.

I've checked a few times and they won't ship to me and all the stuff I was interested is gone anyway. I could see my state being a pain in the ass with regard to trying to shaft them for sales tax to the point they said screw it.

Offline Stwood

• Survival Veteran
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2020, 08:31:13 AM »

Have you shopped Academy.
There for a while, they were the best price around on shotgun shells. Case lots.
Used to be free shipping over a 27.00 order.

Haven't bought any ammo in a few years now.