Author Topic: 10 22 ruger takedown big 5 or gunshow  (Read 927 times)

Offline meapplejak

• Prepper
  • Newish TSP Forum member
10 22 ruger takedown big 5 or gunshow
« on: November 22, 2012, 03:03:00 PM »
They have a black friday "sale" thurs to sun on the takedown for I think 340.

There's a gun show fairly close I might go to this weekend

Should I wait to go to the gun show?  I've never been to one and im in california do you order there then wait the 10 days and then go back or do they ship?  Would it better to go to my local big 5 probably newer stock?  Is it worth it more just for possibilty of a cheaper price?

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 03:10:25 PM by meapplejak »
applejak

Offline 16onRockandRoll

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Prepper Wannabe
Re: 10 22 ruger takedown big 5 or gunshow
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 06:25:19 PM »
Personally, I say try to find a local shop to buy from, but I'm biased;). Gun shows in CA are usually dissappointing. Most of the time, you'll buy from a seller that is from somewhere nearby, and then you'll have to pick it up 10 days later at their shop. Or they can ship it to your local FFL, but that usually adds onto the cost.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

Offline arikinthecity

• Prepper
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 07:42:29 PM »
I bought my take down from a local shop about a month ago on a regular tuesday night without any sale, discount, or coupon for $330.  You're not getting any deal on Black Friday for this rifile but it's just a normal average price.  Lowest price I have heard of is $280. That is a good deal.  The rifle is wonderful. Enjoy.

Offline flippydidit

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Keep 'em shooting!
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 09:43:16 PM »
Leave it to California to screw up the point of gun shows.  I imagine it's a matter of time before there is a waiting period to buy a car or groceries there.
Nate
Military/civilian gunsmith/machinist
CEO and Founder of PermEscapes
PermEscapes
PermEscapes on Facebook

"One of these centuries, the brutes, private or public, who believe that they can rule their betters by force, will learn the lesson of what happens when brute force encounters mind and force."
— Ragnar Danneskjöld, from Atlas Shrugged (Ayn Rand)

Offline ib71

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 11:42:14 PM »
If you have a big 5 nearby you might have a Turners Outdoorsman they are on sale there for $299

Offline meapplejak

• Prepper
  • Newish TSP Forum member
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 12:28:22 AM »
If you have a big 5 nearby you might have a Turners Outdoorsman they are on sale there for $299

Never heard of turners

Leave it to big 5 to act like 339 on black friday is good you have to actually go between 5am and 4pm on friday.  After that it goes to 359 until Sunday then back to 389.99. Was gonna go Sunday thinking it would be 339 until then but I guess not apparently the 339 is for early birds.

And ya pretty bad for cali to have a gun show id probably have to drive further than the 35 or so miles to the show to pick up the gun
big 5 is only 4 miles away
applejak