Author Topic: Natural and Organic Bulk Food Resource  (Read 1725 times)

Offline otowner98

• Senior Survivalist
  • Tu ne cede malis
Natural and Organic Bulk Food Resource
« on: November 25, 2012, 08:05:00 PM »
Not sure if anyone else is taking advantage of this or not, but there is a great place called United Natrual Foods, Inc. (UNFI) that supplies bulk natural and organic food at amazing prices (they have lots of other stuff, too).  Found out about them through the local co-op store where we get our weekly fruit/veggie box.  I routinely order 25 or 50 pound bags of rice, beans, grains, cases of vinegar, etc. as they go on sale from month to month.  The co-op is a distributor, and they get a shipment of whatever their customers order once a week.
The guy who runs the co-op (very cool hippie guy) says they are one of the main suppliers of "Whole Paycheck" (his term for Whole Foods and another reason I love to support him), only we get the stuff at a huge discount. 
I don't know of a way to look up distributors, but I'm sure most natural food stores would either be one, or know who is in the area.
Just wanted to pass this along as I know how hard it can be to find Natural and Organic storables, and how necessary it can be with a reluctant spouse.