Author Topic: Inforce WML Tact Light Battery?  (Read 862 times)

Offline Saint-TyR

• Prepper
    • My 13 in 13 list!
Inforce WML Tact Light Battery?
« on: December 01, 2012, 11:44:13 AM »
I have an inforce WML tactical light that takes a CR123 battery and I was wondering if anyone knows of a solid Rechargeable Battery Charger system for this battery style. Or do you buy a ton of batteries and stock up?

Thanks and Stay Safe!
"Don't give up the ship!"               "Live Free or Die"

KC1AXB

Offline GreekMan

• Dedicated Contributor
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Inforce WML Tact Light Battery?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 03:02:40 AM »
I have an inforce WML tactical light that takes a CR123 battery and I was wondering if anyone knows of a solid Rechargeable Battery Charger system for this battery style. Or do you buy a ton of batteries and stock up?

Thanks and Stay Safe!

Ok, what you should know is that there are 3 kind of rechargable CR123 batteries. They are called RCR of 16340

1. it is the Lithium-Cobalt-ion. these have a voltage of 4.2-3.6V over their use, lesser capacity and their voltage may be too much for your light. They also must have a protection circuit on the bottom for safety reasons
2. there is Lithium-Cobalt-ions too, that have a lower voltage. these are all crap, stay away from any brand.
3. there is the Lithium-Iron-Phosphate batteries (also call LiFePo) that have a range of voltage at 3.2-3.6V which is more compatible with the CR123 batteries. But they are even less capacity.
good examples are the Tenergy and the Surefire sets to get. Shop around, (i.e. batteryJunction),  amazon is kinda expensive
At your knowledge level avoid other brands and please do not mix chargers and batteries of different brands

Now a reason NOT to get rechargables. They cut off power abruptly when they are depleted. This is not a good feature for a tactical light.
BTW you can find quality CR123s batteries close to $1 each at batteryjunction and batteryspace

A suggestion to spoil you weekend, candlepowerforums.com
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?278200-AW-amp-Tenergy-3-0V-LiFePO4-RCR123-Runtime-Tests
The Greek Preparedness Blogspot
Content in English
Facebook Page

Offline Saint-TyR

• Prepper
    • My 13 in 13 list!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 08:41:23 AM »
Greekman thank you for sharing the information and the advice.  I really never gave it a thought about the rechargeable batteries shutting down on the spot. I think it might be better to go with the standard CR123 battery with the cost about a 1.35 each from battery junction.com. It seems like a safe bet for short and long term option for now.

Again, thank you for taking the time and responding! Stay safe.
"Don't give up the ship!"               "Live Free or Die"

KC1AXB

Offline GreekMan

• Dedicated Contributor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 10:35:14 AM »
Greekman thank you for sharing the information and the advice.  I really never gave it a thought about the rechargeable batteries shutting down on the spot. I think it might be better to go with the standard CR123 battery with the cost about a 1.35 each from battery junction.com. It seems like a safe bet for short and long term option for now.

Again, thank you for taking the time and responding! Stay safe.

flashlights are my pleasure, hobby and addiction.... i could not help not to....LOL

for whatever else, I am here for every body
The Greek Preparedness Blogspot
Content in English
Facebook Page