UTS-15 Shotgun to retail for $1,500
. . . Ouch!From the press release ...
UTAS’ Director of U.S. Operations, Matt Guzeldere stated, “We’ve been working with UTAS Makine, Ltd. the Turkish company that developed the UTS-15, to set up American manufacturing for quite sometime. It has been a difficult process that required building a lot of duplicate and expensive tooling, such as polymer injection molds. We have a license agreement, all of the tooling in place and have started producing parts. Of course we’ll be training personnel, running the first guns through product qualification tests and ramping up production, so we’re anticipating delivering the first American made UTS-15’s in late May or early June. ”
The UTS-15 tactical 12 ga. pump shotgun is a patented, ground-up design utilizing fiber reinforced polymers for over 85% of its parts and is the first such firearm to have the receiver molded completely from polymer. At only 28.5” in overall length and weighing only 6.9 lbs, but with top-mounted alternately feeding magazines providing a total capacity of 15 rounds, the UTS-15 has truly broken new ground in tactical shotgun design. As standard features on the Military & Police Model and separately purchased accessories for civilians, there is a built in point-and-shoot impact centered, focused-beam LED spotlight, adjustable laser sight, flip-up large aperture peep or V rear sight, a glow-in-the-dark bead front sight and a screw in, breaching muzzle extension.From what my research can gather ...
- The top side magazine tubes will most certainly help with muzzle rise
- You can independently load each magazine tube with different ammunition dependent on your perceived situation
- The independent two-sided magazine tubes are easy to load with the additional benefit of not being left without fire power if you load one side before the other is depleted
- The selector switch that allows use of one magazine tube, or the other, is easy to access and offers an additional choice of alternating between each tube on each pull of the trigger
- There is a built in point-and-shoot impact centered, focused-beam LED spotlight and adjustable laser sight. Though it's nice to have these features and the chosen placement of the spotlight is optimum for any firearm, the only negative is that you are limited to using theirs
- The fiber reinforced polymer used certainly lowers the weight (only 6.9 lbs unloaded), and we know how robust it is being that it is widely used in many handguns today, but it is also known to disintegrate if taken by a direct hit from another firearm
- The 28.5” overall length is also a bonus