Author Topic: what is the best way to carry?  (Read 4139 times)

Offline radtech

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
what is the best way to carry?
« on: December 05, 2012, 05:28:09 PM »
  How do you carry your concealed handgun? I have a holster that attaches to my belt, however, that is too bulky most of the time. What type of holster is good for concealment without being so bulky? Have any of you tried the holster that fits around your waist under the clothes and fits just in the middle of you back? I have seen it on the internet, but did not want to try it until I asked about it first. If there was a better way to carry my handgun, I would carry it more often. I will not carry it in my purse for many reasons. Any ideas?

Offline Cooter Brown

• Survivalist Mentor
    • The Regular Guy Review
Re: what is the best way to carry?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 06:02:12 PM »
This gal (faliaphotography) does allot of reviews for concealed carry options for women (among a host of other great reviews!)

I recommend starting with this one http://youtu.be/ogGBPVk5GQk.

She made this one a couple of years ago, so be sure to browse her YouTube channel for some of her newer reviews as well; like most of us, she keeps trying new gear.

Offline SheepdogSurvival

• Survivor
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 06:12:36 PM »
Comtac holsters are the cat's mellow. (http://www.comp-tac.com/) I have a Minotaur MTAC Holster and I CCW also most all the time and have been using it for the last 4 years and it's outstanding. Since it is ajdustable for ride height and cant its extremely versatile to how you want to carry. Plus you can buy additional kydex shells for your leather backer so you can use it will multiple guns. BTW I carry a G19.

Offline radtech

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 08:45:22 AM »
thank you, I watches the videos, she is very good at explaining things.  Went to the comp-tac website, thank you, know at least I have some better ideas!  After Christmas, I will post which one works out.

thank you!

Offline backwoods_engineer

• Survivalist Mentor
  • An engineer trying to get back to the woods
    • Backwoods Engineer's Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 09:36:26 AM »
 :popcorn: :popcorn:

Offline Twibble

• Survivor
  • I forgot what I was thinking...
    • Trepanation for the Sane
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 09:41:15 AM »
I'm currently carrying a Ruger LCP .380 in a case on my belt.  It looks like a PDA case.  We also have a holster that fits in my back pocket, but it only works in one of my pairs of jeans.  I don't like it because it shows it I wear a short shirt, and I'm worried it will work its way out while I'm riding my scooter.

MightyRunt

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 01:14:03 PM »
My little .38 snubbie doesn't conceal well with my vertical belt holster, so for Christmas DH is getting me this horizontal belt holster that I'm really anxious to try out.

http://www.activeprogear.com/model17.html

endurance

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 04:38:08 PM »
Not sure how this appeals to ladies, but for me the inside the waistband (IWB) Crossbreed holsters, worn in the small of the back with a small 9mm or .380 just can't be beat for comfort or concealability.  They still require a belt, but the gun just disappears in the small of your back.  I generally wear it with an untucked shirt, but you can even tuck around it if you're looking for deep cover (although I'd suggest the velcro belt and V-clips for this method.  You can add velcro to the inside of any belt.).

Offline Rayray250

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 05:53:39 PM »
+1 for the crossbreed inside the waistband (IWB) holster. 

I carry a Glock 30 in it and while I have to wear a decent sized shirt in the summer if you carried a smaller gun as a lady you could get away with a semi-tight shirt. 

+1 for the crossbreed for being super comfy as Endurance said.

Offline PrepperJim

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Prepping Means Resiliency and Redundancy
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 07:04:50 PM »
I recently purchased a Theis IWB holster and his Jake belt. I carry a Kahr PM9. I carry at my kidney or about 4 o'clock, just behind my spare tire. I love that holster. It does not dig into me, even in the car driving. It is an awesome holster. I need to do a full review on my blog, but it is just great.

I have not carried day in and day out like this because I cannot carry at work. When I wear shorts, I use the front cargo pocket. I think the IWB holster is best for accessibility. If I have to fish it out of my shorts pocket, I would be a little slow on the draw.