Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Black Powder and Primitive Weapons

Gun confiscation, are blackpowder rifles exempt?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Shaunypoo:

--- Quote from: Mr. Bill on December 06, 2012, 07:58:41 PM ---If we get to that point, they'll be making up whatever rules they want to at that time.  Laws don't have to be rational.

--- End quote ---

Thread over.

clayfarmer:
Appreciate the feedback. I don't worry about confiscation either, but when you look at some of the crap going on in the world, it's not out of the realm of possibility anymore.
My point was just that I can buy a black powder gun completely " off the books". If I pay cash, nobody but me and the cashier know that I own that weapon. They can't confiscate what doesn't exist.

Shaunypoo:
I have lost guns before.  Moving from house to house, boating accident, fell off the roof of my car while driving on the highway(the gun, not me).  So many ways to lose a gun.

Mexican_Hippie:

--- Quote from: bdhutier on December 06, 2012, 07:35:42 PM ---Mexican-Hippie:  Yes and no... Many states do not define BP weapons, both original and reproductions, as firearms.  Instead, many define them as antiques.  But don't confuse ownership laws with the penal code.  For instance, the Texas penal code defines a firearm as:Rolling the hood with an 1851 Navy under your jacket, and without a CHL, WILL land you in jail.

--- End quote ---

Important clarification, thanks! 

@Clayfarmer
I see BP as a hunting tool, not really a defense tool (absolutely last resort) .  Does your state not allow FTF sales of modern firearms?

clayfarmer:

--- Quote from: Mexican_Hippie on December 07, 2012, 09:24:50 AM ---Important clarification, thanks! 

@Clayfarmer
I see BP as a hunting tool, not really a defense tool (absolutely last resort) .  Does your state not allow FTF sales of modern firearms?

--- End quote ---

Good question, I'm not sure.  I'm in Illinois so if it's illegal anywhere, its probably illegal here.  >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version