Author Topic: Idea for new 13skills.com feature: friends or team  (Read 1973 times)

Offline tracksol

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Idea for new 13skills.com feature: friends or team
« on: December 06, 2012, 11:43:59 PM »
Would it be possible to add the capability to add members as friends or become part of a team so that you can see each others' skills and possibly work on them together?

If not, something else that would work would be the ability to tag a member as a favorite and then you can access all your favorites from you account settings.

Thanks for the work you do with the podcast, this site and the overall community.

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
Re: Idea for new 13skills.com feature: friends or team
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 05:50:51 AM »
Tracksol, when you have a moment, pleas drop by The Intro Thread to say hello and introduce yourself to the other forum members.

d3nni5

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 08:09:09 AM »

+1 for this idea.   I was looking over my account settings and thought the same thing.   With so many members, and more each day, it would be nice to be able to track progress of members we know and team up with.

Offline philbert

• Prepper
  • Infrequent TSP Forum member
    • Philarly Farm Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 06:27:06 PM »
I had the same thought - I have talked a number of non-TSP folks to sign up, and it would be nice to have a way to see them, and for them to see me easily.

I imagine as 13-in-13 goes on, we all might make new friends as we find kindred spirits from around the world

Offline USMCAllen

• Survivor
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 01:59:26 AM »
This was my first thought when signing up. I want to "follow" certain people's progress and be able to seek out "mentors"

Offline hilljen

• Prepper
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 11:36:05 AM »
I agree. I have plenty of experience in a few of the categories and would be willing to share info, if anyone wanted. In other categories, that I have selected to work on for this year, I would love the companionship of learning along side other newbies or to have the occasional experienced person drop by to offer insight and encouragement.

Offline photontorpedotube

• Prepper
  • Greetings from western North Carolina
    • Photon Torpedo Tube's Blog
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 04:44:18 AM »
Would it be possible to add the capability to add members as friends or become part of a team so that you can see each others' skills and possibly work on them together?

If not, something else that would work would be the ability to tag a member as a favorite and then you can access all your favorites from you account settings.

Thanks for the work you do with the podcast, this site and the overall community.

Yes!  Alternatievly, maybe some way of linking or favoriting a person and then following sort of like twitter.  It would be very good to follow someone learning the same skills, particularly if the person is blogging/writing/posting information about their journey in perfecting a particular skill. 

Another good idea would be to create a section for members to list blog or thread links for each skill.  Since the system is already set up for that, a way for people to search for others developing the skill and using the links feature would be useful.