Author Topic: Skill Log: J Whitehead  (Read 672 times)

Offline Jacob Whitehead

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Skill Log: J Whitehead
« on: December 13, 2012, 03:56:39 PM »
Skills on my list:

Situational Awareness *
Swordsmanship *
Trapping*
Foraging*
Plant Identification*
Hunting*
Building Community*
Cryptography
Herbal Remedies
Tracking
Knife Making
Bartering
Reloading

* is in progress

I've started reading my copy of the US Armed Forces Survival guide. It has been a good starting point for learning how to ID edible plants, trap small game, and basic hunting. Reading swordmanship articals online and practicing fighting with sword, machete, and hatchet. Putting togther a plan for small governmental system in the event of societal collapse, system seems solid, mix of democracy and communism; calling it "Democratic Communism" and will explane in greater detail latter.

Offline hilljen

• Prepper
Re: Skill Log: J Whitehead
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 05:03:35 PM »
You might find some information on Filipino Combat Systems to be helpful with your swordfighting. I train in a kajukenpo system that incorporates a lot of that and there is a lot of knife and stick work that translates well into machete and long knife blade lengths.

One drill we do occasionally, when the instructor thinks enough students are getting too cocky, is lipstick blade night. We wear old clothes and put bright red lipstick on the edges of our training knives. Then we spar. You can get caught up in the adrenalin and not notice a brief strike during normal sparring. But on lipstick night, if you get caught, you get a big red mark to remind you that IRL, you would be bleeding out from a likely lethal wound. After you get some practice under your belt, have a friend come play with the lipstick blades to help you identify where your weaknesses are and what you need to work on next.

One other suggestion, consider focusing on the types of blades you would be most likely to have access to. For me, access to a sword would be extremely infrequent. Machetes and smaller knives, however, are often near at hand. So I focus my blade work on those lengths. Also, unless I was outdoors, I would have trouble wielding a longer sword effectively at home.  Too many tight hallways, ceiling fans and light fixtures, etc. to obstruct a clear strike.
Seeking the best and most practical, whether primitive or modern

Offline Jacob Whitehead

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 10:59:49 AM »
Just got a field guid of eddible plants for my region. Also been working on drills fighting with machette. Almost finished with the outline for the affor mentiond "Democratic-Communism" theoretical form of government. I'll be posting that in a few days, would love some feed back on it.

Offline Louisiana Suvivor

• Can't Spell His Own Name
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • One day my forge will be finished.
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 07:49:39 PM »
definitely interested in your community building thoughts
Contributing to TSP Forum since October 19, 2008.

Offline Jacob Whitehead

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 10:55:03 AM »
I'll post my outline for Democratic Communisim when I get home this afternoon. It's gone though sevral stages of devlopment and I think it has been a very productive exercise, deffently been fun working on it.

Offline Jacob Whitehead

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 10:28:03 PM »
Democratic Communism

Party Council   ?   ?   ?   ? Chancellor / Security General of the Party
                    ?
                  ?

Vice-Chancellor / Speaker of the Senate
                  ?
                  ?
                  ?
Director of ISS *   ?   ?   ?  Minister of Defense
Director of DFI*            Minister of Finance    
Field Marshals                        Minister of Justice ?   ?   ?   Judges
Generals                                 Minister of the Interior               Sheriffs
                                         Minister of Health               Chiefs of Police
    Minister of Science
Ambassadors     ?   ?   ?   Minister of Foreign Affairs 
                 Minister of Education  ? Supersuperintendents
                        ?           School Boards
                        ?           Administers
                                                                                  ?

Senate
                                                                                   ?
                                                                                   ?

Citizens    

*ISS = Internal Security Service
*DFI = Department of Foreign Intelligence

On The Party Council

The Party Council decides Party policies, regulations, and drafts a Constitution with new amendments voted on by the Senate. New policies must be passed by a two-thirds vote. New amendments must be passed with two-thirds vote and than ratified by the Senate. The Council is made up of  all Ministers, Judges, Senators, Governors, Field Marshals, Generals, Directors of ISS and DFI, Vice-Chancellor, and the Chancellor who serves as Secretary General of the Communist Party and chairs the council meetings. The Council also reviews new bills and determines whether they are in line with current policies, similar to the US Supreme Court.

On the Chancellorship and Vice-Chancellorship

The Chancellor serves as head of state and Grand Marshal of the Red Army. The Chancellor is elected by a majority vote of the people. The Chancellor holds power to levy war with Senate approval. Peace Keeping operations, short term military operations, and surgical strikes or raids may be ordered by the Chancellor without Senate approval but may last no longer than seven days and nights in duration. The Chancellor also holds power to appoint Ministers, Judges, and Directors of departments. He or She may also grant State Pardons to convicts.

The Vice-Chancellor runs with the Chancellor in the election. Vice-Chancellor assists and advices the Chancellor, replaces him or her in the event of death or incapacitation, and serves as Speaker of the Senate and chairs the senate meetings.

On the Senate

The Senate is made up of one official from each province and elected by popular vote of the people of the province they represent. They propose new bills and vote them into law. The law must then be singed or vetoed by the Chancellor. The Senate may not over ride the veto. Each Senator as well as the Speaker get one vote. Laws must be passed by a majority vote. In the event of a tie the Chancellor casts the deciding vote. This is the ONLY time the Chancellor may vote in the Senate.

On Elections

Any Citizen in good standing with the Party may run for the office of Chancellor, Vice-Chancellor, or Senator. Each candidate receives an equal amount of funds from the State to run their campaign. Private funds may not be used for campaigning and donations from any individual or organization are forbidden.     

On Economy, Housing, and Industry

To issue equality and Comradery all Citizens and Government Officials are to receive an allowance of $2,500.00 per month. Soldiers, Law Enforcement, Firefighters, and Foreign Special Operatives will receive an additional $100.00 hazard pay per month. Citizens must be eighteen or older to receive an allowance.

Each citizen regardless of age, is provided a monthly ration of food, clothing, toiletries, medication, fuel, and other necessities. Cash is used only to buy additional necessities or luxury items.

Basic housing is provided by the state (apartments, multi-family homes, etc) A Citizen may also apply for a private home; the Citizen’s service to the State will determine whether the application is accepted or denied.

All business and industry is State owned and operated. Citizen’s apply for positions of “employment” or “service”. Each factory, business, or department manager will chose a serviceperson of the month, who, as reward for their exemplary work will receive both an extra $200.00 for that months allowance and an extra 10% necessity ration.

On Crime and Punishment

There are two police types of agencies. The local police department and the Internal Security Service (ISS) which serves as the national police and investigative unit in like manner to the United States FBI, Marshal Service, ATF, DEA, and Homeland Security.

Local police departments must receive a warrant from a Provincial Judge in order to search or arrest any citizen. The suspect will have right to a State provided attorney and a trial by his or her peers.

Due to the sensitive nature of ISS operations in maintaining order and protecting the security of the State, ISS Agents do not require any warrant and may act upon any reasonable suspicion to search or arrest. The suspect will have right to trial and attorney.

Punishment for crimes varies dependent on the crime. A traitor, murderer, or rapist for example will always receive the death penalty upon being found guilty. Lesser yet still violent crimes will be punishable by a combination corporal punishment (flogging) and prison time. Where as non-violent crimes such as theft, drug possession, etc will be punishable by prison sentence only. Misdemeanors such as traffic violations, vandalism, etc are punishable by fines and/or community service.

On Armed Forces and the Red Army

The Red Army will be comprised of Armies, Corps, Divisions, Brigades, Battalions, Companies, Platoons, Squads, and Fire Teams.

Ranks and Grades of the Red Army

Grand Marshal of the Red Army
Field Marshal
General
Lt. General
Maj. General
Brig. General
Colonel
Lt. Colonel
Major
Captain
1st Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
*Commissar       
*First Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Sergeant First Class
Staff Sergeant
Corporal
Private First Class
Private

*Commissar = Political Officer; responsible for making sure Party polices are followed in the field and soldier and Citizen rights are respected. Also responsible for tracking unit moral. Assigned one Commissar to each Battalion.

*First Sergeant = Not a rank proper but a position assigned to any Sergeant too serve as an assistant/advisor to the Company Commander.
Army Organization

Armies are commanded by a Field Marshal
Corps are commanded by a General with a Lt. General as XO
Divisions are commanded by a Maj. General with Brig. General as XO
Brigades are commanded by a Colonel with a Lt. Colonel as XO
Battalions are commanded by a Lt. Colonel with a Major as XO
Companies are commanded by a Captain with a 1st Lieutenant as XO 
Platoons are commanded by a 2nd Lieutenant with a First Sergeant as XO
Squads are commanded by a Sergeant
Fire Teams are commanded by a Corporal

Home Guard

All able bodied men and women age 16 to 65 are members of the Home Guard. They do not receive hazard pay unless in active service in a war zone. Each Guardsman will be issued a uniform, field gear, a weapon and 200 rounds of ammunition to keep at their home. The Home Guard does not activate except in the event of invasion of the Homeland or total war abroad. Home Guard unit and rank structure is the same as the Red Army. Guardsmen will gather to train one weekend bi-monthly.

Every household that does not have a Guardsmen living within will issued one weapon and 50 rounds of ammunition to protect the person and home. Concealed weapons are permitted to be carried by anyone age 21 or older with a permit and State provided training. No weapon may be carried into  Police Stations, Military instillations, Senate building, Council building, or Government official’s residences except by authorized personnel. Only convicted felons or those judged mentally deficient are not permitted to own firearms.

Opinions? Suggestions? Questions?