Author Topic: So What is "13 in Thirteen"?  (Read 1653 times)

nelson96

So What is "13 in Thirteen"?
« on: January 01, 2013, 03:30:08 PM »
I'm probably going to get slammed for this . . . .  I see a lot of new posts popping up about "13 in 13" and I don't get it.  Where did this come from?  What's the point of it?

From reading a few posts, I get (I think) that it's a way to publicly challenge yourself to follow through with your own goals, but is that all it is, and if so, why would you need to get approval from a mod to get set up?

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
Re: So What is "13 in Thirteen"?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 04:16:21 PM »
I believe that Jack rolled out the idea of the Thirteen in Thirteen Challenge in TSP EPISODE-1002- THE WHY, WHAT AND HOW OF MODERN HOMESTEADING.

Read a blog post by Jack about 13 IN 13 SKILLS CHALLENGE

The 13 in 13 Skills Challenge Site is where you can read more, see what others are planning, sign up and so on. The Admin approval questions are regarding the sign up process there.

nelson96

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 04:32:36 PM »
So is it the Urban Prepper's version of Geotagging, Twitter, and Facebook?  With the added new year's resolution to accomplish certain tasks this year? . . . .  Sounds fun, but TSP and the aforementioned is addicting enough without feeling the need to log stuff and spend even more time on the computer.  Which is why I don't even own a Facebook account.  Doesn't sound like it will be for me, but I'll try to keep an open mind and read posts from time to time.

Offline meapplejak

• Prepper
  • Newish TSP Forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 04:50:57 PM »
So is it the Urban Prepper's version of Geotagging, Twitter, and Facebook?  With the added new year's resolution to accomplish certain tasks this year? . . . .  Sounds fun, but TSP and the aforementioned is addicting enough without feeling the need to log stuff and spend even more time on the computer.  Which is why I don't even own a Facebook account.  Doesn't sound like it will be for me, but I'll try to keep an open mind and read posts from time to time.

The typical new years resolution doesn't make it far.  The 13 in 13 has community aspects that will kinda allow people to show off their accomplishments and be encouraged to keep going all year to learn new things/skills as opposed to getting a gym membership and never going.  Its an honor system with accountability and positive attitude to back it.