Author Topic: ‘No ma’am’: Letter from U.S. Marine to Dianne Feinstein goes viral Read more: h  (Read 1248 times)

Offline PrepNow

• Survivor

"Michelle Kirk- The following open letter, written by U.S. Marine Joshua Boston and headlined “No ma’am.,” was posted in the CNN iReport on Dec. 27 with the included note from the producer and photo. It has struck a nerve with many and is being circulated around social media venues like Twitter and Facebook."

http://clashdaily.com/2013/01/no-maam-letter-from-u-s-marine-to-dianne-feinstein-goes-viral/
Personal Readiness Ends Panic  No Other Way

Offline joeinwv

• The Bee Whisperer
  • Survival Demonstrator
Great letter, hope it's real.

Offline PistolWhipped

• Dedicated Contributor

Offline OldManSchmidt

• Dedicated Contributor
  • There is such a thing as too low.
Now consider this.  How many of our brothers and sisters under arms believe exactly like this man but do not say anything at this time because it goes against their duty to speak openly against our leaders (yes, I use the term very loosely) while they wear the uniform?  I find this makes me a little more cautiously optimistic.
Yea, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no evil, for Thou art with me -- Psalm 23
If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to.  This is the last stand on Earth. -- Ronald Reagan
I never signed onto this gig to save the world, just my little piece of it. -- OMS

Offline SteveInTx

• Survivalist Mentor
Great letter, hope it's real.

It passed the snopes test.

Offline nelson96

• Survival Veteran
Our goverment may be able to count on the UN for support, but they won't have the support of their own.
“There are few things more pathetic than those who have lost their curiosity and sense of adventure, and who no longer care to learn.”
 ~ Gordon B. Hinckley

One hundred thousand generations of people lived and ate as hunter-gatherers, and only two generations have grown up on highly processed fast foods. . .  It's not too late

Offline SheepdogSurvival

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
Our goverment may be able to count on the UN for support, but they won't have the support of their own.

;) You know it...
"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
- SAMUEL ADAMS

Offline PrepNow

• Survivor

What got me was the comments, and all the people stating when they took their oath, that it had no expiration date, and they would defend it. Inspiring

Offline PrepNow

• Survivor
Came across an interview with the Marine after his letter went viral.

http://thejacksonpress.org/?p=1100

Offline Roknrandy

• He That Rocks:Viewer Discretion is Advised
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Master Spammer Obliterator
I wont post what I wrote to my congress critters  8)

Lets say if they have a list going I'm on it now  ;D

Ya know, the more I think about it the madder I get.  Our motto, what we believed down in our heart, went something like this "ye though I walk through the Valley of Death we will fear no evil...for we are the baddest mother strawberry pickers in the Valley".

FAILURE TO PLAN ON YOUR PART DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EMERGENCY ON MY PART

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
Came across an interview with the Marine after his letter went viral.

http://thejacksonpress.org/?p=1100

wow - that reporter was quick on the draw when he accused David Gregory.

but he was calm and stated facts.  love the last exchange
CNN: But the law is the law - if it becomes law, you are just willing to break it?
Marine: Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.
CNN: uh, ok.  I'll just leave it at that
"Preparedness, when properly pursued, is a way of life, not a sudden, spectacular program" - Spencer W. Kimball
"Life isn't about trying to survive the storm; but about learning to dance in the rain" - unknown
Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity

Prepping makes even a hurricane just an inconvenience.

Offline Bolomark

• Survivalist Mentor
great response to the press. :D
“There is no such thing as pure good or pure evil, least of all in people. In the best of us there are thoughts or deeds that are wicked, and in the worst of us, at least some virtue. An adversary is not one who does loathsome acts for their own sake. He always has a reason that to him is justification. My cat eats mice. Does that make him bad? I don't think so, and the cat doesn't think so, but I would bet the mice have a different opinion.”
? Terry Goodkind, Wizard's First Rule

Offline Twibble

• Survivor
  • I forgot what I was thinking...
    • Trepanation for the Sane
wow - that reporter was quick on the draw when he accused David Gregory.

but he was calm and stated facts.  love the last exchange
CNN: But the law is the law - if it becomes law, you are just willing to break it?
Marine: Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.
CNN: uh, ok.  I'll just leave it at that

Isn't there something in the law or a court decision or somewhere that says you can't be prosecuted for refusal to follow an unconstitutional law?
Cousin: "Who was crazy enough to take her to the range?"
Guy I later married: "I figured I should know how well she can shoot before I tick her off.  I don't want to tick her off."