Author Topic: How not to be oblivious?  (Read 18661 times)

Offline Wildthang

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: How not to be oblivious?
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2013, 03:44:31 PM »
I like to watch peoples eyes and hands as well as their body language. Growing up in a rough neighborhood, you learn this at an early age. I was learning to read people by the age of 8 years old because their were a lot of little punks in my neighborhood, and after a couple of unexpected fights, I just naturally began to watch people close.
But how to learn this as an adult is something I have little advice on, except to tell you that if you watch their eyes and hands, you will have a good idea of their intentions. And trust nobody you don't know no matter what they say!
I have been told by my girlfriends that I am paranoid, and I tell them that is far from the truth. I am just observant and ready, and that makes me very comfortable in my surroundings. I don't worry much about anything but I always try to be ready for anything!

Offline Shaunypoo

• Dedicated Contributor
  • "He is a platypus, they don't do much." - Phineas
Re: How not to be oblivious?
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2013, 09:46:56 AM »
The same also goes out to the information you give to others who are observant.  When I eat I always have my hands up and around my food.  I have been asked if I was in prison.  Some people also ask if I am angry because sometimes I walk around balling and unballing my hands.  Usually I do this in public because a) I don't care for crowds and b) I have learned through experience that it is a pretty good deterent.