Author Topic: Cloth Pad Giveaway  (Read 3761 times)

Offline Frugal Upstate

• Dedicated Contributor
  • aka Jenn Fowler and Jenn @ Frugal Upstate ;)
    • Frugal Upstate
Cloth Pad Giveaway
« on: January 28, 2013, 08:10:00 AM »
Hey ladies--just came across this giveaway for 10 cloth feminine protection pads.  It's not my blog or giveaway--but I just figured that there might be some folks here who would be interested in entering:

http://www.montanasolarcreations.com/2013/01/green-resolutions-giveaway-hop-reusable.html

I've considered the whole cloth pad thing before (and I'm sure there MUST be a thread on here somewhere about that as well as the Diva Cup etc) but I just haven't made the jump.  Maybe if I won a set. . .

Offline Eriko

• Survivor
  • What one thing did you do today to prep?
Re: Cloth Pad Giveaway
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 11:29:41 AM »
Thanks for sharing this. If anyone is on the fence about trying them - I say go for it! They're WAY more comfortable than commercial pads.
I'm not entering because I've been a cloth convert for 20+ years and with the way my pads hold up, I simply don't need any more. (though I will admit I will sometimes make some new pads if I see a cute or funky flannel that I like.)  8)
 -Eriko

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
  • TSP Supreme Galactic Ant
  • Dont wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 11:50:41 AM »
If you have not tried them. TRY THEM! Your body will thank you for it.

On a side note. Neighbors will have no clue what they are even if they see them and stepkid boys just think they are pocketliners and question why you have so many pocketliners which come out of clothing in the wash.

Cedar

EOTS

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 12:26:55 PM »
Another endorsement here. So superior to the common product.

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 12:45:28 PM »
For those of you who don't know....

• Disposable pads and tampons are not sterile products, although the over-packaging and whiteness of these products leads you to believe they are. In recent years there have been discoveries of disposable products contaminated with mold or the e. coli virus.
  • Disposables are often laden with harmful chemicals that can be absorbed by the skin in one of the most porous parts of your body.
  • You do not get yeast infections or irritations with cloth pads like you do with disposables
  • Cloth pads are one of the safer options to prevent TSS
  • Many women have noticed that tampons and disposable pads can be a source of vaginal irritation, and most are unaware that disposable products are highly processed and may contain chemicals to "keep you dry" or cover up odor. Vaginal irritation, allergies, burning, itching, and frequent yeast infections, can all be the result of, or exacerbated by, disposables. And when you quit them and go to cloth, al those symptoms DISAPPEAR!
  • Toss them in the wash and they are all clean again.
  • I have some of my original ones from 1996-ish and they are still more than usable. I got more since then however.

Every single one of my female friends who were having 'female issues' had all of those issues clear up as soon as they started using cloth pads after I recommended them.

Cedar

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 12:48:08 PM »
On a side note. Neighbors will have no clue what they are even if they see them
Cedar

I guess I got interupted on that thought (not sure why with the kidlet, 4 cats learning to get along and Z asking when the Farm Conference is)... but I MEANT..

Neighbors will have no clue what they are even if they see them hanging on the line. I used to hang them on a line on the balcony even when I lived at an apt.

Cedar

Offline dodgetruckmom

• Survivor
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 04:42:32 AM »
Another endorsement. Wish I started using them 20 years ago.

Offline House of Honyacks

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 12:12:17 AM »
I totally agree!  If you have ever cloth diapered, then you can totally use mama cloth.  One thing that I have not seen said is that switching to cloth often leads to a lighter flow.

My favorites come from www.HomesteadEmporium.com.  I host co-ops for her a couple times a year (15-20% discount).

Anyone use family cloth, instead of TP?  My kids use it almost exclusively.  It is more difficult to change adult habits.

Offline Lvj86

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
    • Riverside Homestead
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 10:53:52 PM »
I use the diva cup plus cloth liners and will NEVER go back.  Life altering - seriously.  If I go through a season where I can't use the diva cup for whatever reason, I would definitely use cloth pads.  Give it a try!

Offline Lora

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 03:52:49 PM »
Wow, THANK YOU for posting this, I am definitely going to make the switch.  Hate the little store bought ones anyway.  Anybody ever try making their own?