Author Topic: 2nd Amendment Preservation Act  (Read 2169 times)

Offline Cedar

• Autarkist Queen
  • Master Ant
  • Dont wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain
2nd Amendment Preservation Act
« on: February 06, 2013, 12:08:26 AM »
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=205049315819535783665.0004d28af84eb7a159b51

The 2nd Amendment Preservation Act is a state-level bill that renders all federal gun laws, regulations, rules, acts, orders, etc - null and void within the borders of the state.

Wyoming
HB0104 - Introduced 01-08-13 02-01-13 - Passed house 46-13

North Dakota
HB1183 - introduced 01-11-13

South Carolina
S0224 - Introduced 01-15-13

Missouri
HB170 - Introduced 01-15-13   HB209 - Introduced 01-17-13   SB150 - Introduced 01-16-13

Texas
HB553 - introduced 01-16-13

Tennessee
SB0250 - Introduced 01-29-13 HB0248 - introduced 01-29-12   HB0042 - introduced 01-15-13   SB0100 - Introduced 01-23-13

Oklahoma
SB548 - Introduced 02-04-13

Arizona
HB2291 - introduced 01-17-13   SB1112 - introduced 01-22-12

New Mexico
HB114 - Introduced 01-17-13

Alaska
HB69 - introduce 01-16-13

Virginia
HB2340 - Introduced 01-18-13

Nebraska
LB451 - introduced 01-22-13

Pennsylvania
HB357 - Introduced 01-23-13

Mississippi
HB625 - Introduced 01-21-13   HB1013 - introduced 01-21-13   SB2519 - introduced 01-21-13   SB2529 - introduced 01-21-13   SB2748 - introduced 01-21-13   SB2761 - introduced 01-21-13   SB2768 - i...

Colorado
SB13-140 - Introduced 01-29-13

Kansas
HB2199 - Introduced 02-01-13

Utah
HB114 - Introduced 02-05-13

Cedar
"Do not breathe simply to exist."

Offline nelson96

• Survival Veteran
Re: 2nd Amendment Preservation Act
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 12:18:18 AM »
That's awesome, but I'm betting that some of those States don't have a snowballs chance in passing their bills.  Where's Montana, Idaho and Nevada at on this?  I'm hoping Oregon will protect their current status since we are currently pretty free and easy as far as gun control goes.
“There are few things more pathetic than those who have lost their curiosity and sense of adventure, and who no longer care to learn.”
 ~ Gordon B. Hinckley

One hundred thousand generations of people lived and ate as hunter-gatherers, and only two generations have grown up on highly processed fast foods. . .  It's not too late

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 07:33:33 AM »
Come on Virginia!

Offline Oil Lady

• Lady oil lady oil la-dy hoo
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • My book needs more humor. My pen needs more salt.
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 07:45:28 AM »
The only Northeastern state in the mix is Pennsylvania. :(

All of New England is completely off the radar of this bill.  :banghead:
"This is the first scenario I've seen where I question the survivability of mankind." -- self-made billionaire Richard Rainwater in his business analysis of Peak Oil, "The Rainwater Prophecy," Fortune magazine, Dec 26, 2005

"This is an emergency far worse than World War I and World War II put together." -- CEO of Virgin Airlines, Sir Richard Branson on Peak Oil in CNN's investigative report "We Were Warned: Out of Gas" June 2007/May 2008 03:05

"We've got provisions and lots of beer. The key word is survival on the new frontier." --Steely Dan 1983

"... it doesn’t really matter who is removing your civil liberties, whether it is being done by a democratic government, a kleptocracy, a dictatorship or even the green police. When your civil rights are gone, they’re gone, and you really are in trouble, no matter how good the cause." --UK journalist Anthony Harrington, "Peak Oil and Collapse Scenarios," QFinance, September, 2011

Our parents used to say, "Don't worry, the government will take care of it."
And now our kids say, "Don't worry, the government will take care of us."

No food shall be grown that Monsanto does not own. (It all started with the disastrous 1980 SCOTUS ruling on Diamond v Chakrabarty. Petition your Congressman to revoke all patents on living things.)

"The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself." FDR 1937

The Tin Foil Hat Song by the League of Lady Conspiracists

Offline Virginian

• Survivor
  • The Virginian
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 09:15:15 AM »
Come on Virginia!

VirginiaHB2340 - Introduced 01-18-13
I Was Born a Grasshopper But Have Metamorphosised Into an Ant.

Every Day You Learn More & More About Nothing
And Before You Know It, You'll Know Everything There Is To Know About Nothing

Offline Burton

• Survivalist Mentor
  • NOVA Prepper
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 09:39:20 AM »
Quote from: Virginia
"Prevent any agency, political subdivision, or employee of Virginia from assisting the Federal government of the United States in any investigation, prosecution, detention, arrest, search, or seizure, under the authority of any federal statute enacted, or Executive Order or regulation issued, after December 31, 2012, infringing the individual Right to Keep and Bear Arms by imposing new restrictions on private ownership or private transfer of firearms, firearm magazines, ammunition, or components thereof."

http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?131+sum+HB2340

So if I get this right it basically states the State and State employees will not assist in helping the Feds enforce the laws passed after said date in relation to 2nd Amendment issues in the State itself.

This kind of bothers me but mainly because of my ignorance. What is to stop our fearless leader from giving an interstate agency more personnel, weapons, training, and authority to come after us and 'police' us in the states which pass similar laws? It seems to me this is a big possibility and will further lead to a future with brown shirts ... well I guess in our case they would be blue given the TSA wear blue shirts.

Offline Virginian

• Survivor
  • The Virginian
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 11:24:21 AM »
http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?131+sum+HB2340

So if I get this right it basically states the State and State employees will not assist in helping the Feds enforce the laws passed after said date in relation to 2nd Amendment issues in the State itself.

This kind of bothers me but mainly because of my ignorance. What is to stop our fearless leader from giving an interstate agency more personnel, weapons, training, and authority to come after us and 'police' us in the states which pass similar laws? It seems to me this is a big possibility and will further lead to a future with brown shirts ... well I guess in our case they would be blue given the TSA wear blue shirts.

HOUSE BILL NO. 2340
Offered January 18, 2013
A BILL to prevent any agency, political subdivision, or employee of Virginia from assisting the Federal government of the United States in any investigation, prosecution, detention, arrest, search, or seizure, under the authority of any federal statute enacted, or Executive Order or regulation issued, after December 31, 2012, infringing the individual Right to Keep and Bear Arms by imposing new restrictions on private ownership or private transfer of firearms, firearm magazines, ammunition, or components thereof.
----------

Patrons-- Marshall, R.G., Gilbert, Lingamfelter, Cole, Crockett-Stark, Fariss, Hodges, Kilgore, Morefield, Morris, Ransone, Rush and Wright; Senators: Black and Carrico

----------
Referred to Committee on Militia, Police and Public Safety
----------
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of Virginia:

1.  § 1. Notwithstanding any contrary provision of law, no agency of the Commonwealth as defined in § 8.01-385 of the Code of Virginia, no political subdivision of the Commonwealth as defined in § 8.01-385 of the Code of Virginia, and no employee of either, acting in his official capacity, shall:

(A) knowingly aid any employee or entity of the federal government of the United States in any investigation, prosecution, detention, or arrest, nor participate in any search or seizure, relating to any, criminal, civil, or administrative restrictions on firearms, firearm magazines, ammunition, or components thereof, based on any federal statute enacted, or Executive Order or regulation issued, after December 31, 2012; or

(B) knowingly aid any employee or entity of the federal government of the United Sates in conducting, or the enforcement of any requirement for, any background check related to any intrastate sale, loan, gift, or other transfer of firearms between citizens of the Commonwealth who do not possesses any federal firearms license under 18 U.S.C. section 293.

Question is, do the feds have the authority to conduct business in said state with out that states authorisation?
I Was Born a Grasshopper But Have Metamorphosised Into an Ant.

Every Day You Learn More & More About Nothing
And Before You Know It, You'll Know Everything There Is To Know About Nothing

Offline EagleSteel

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Support Brigade Member
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 11:42:15 AM »
Come on OHIO!!!!!  :(
"Crocodiles: They eat everything, and fear is their bacon bits."
Archer

Quote from: Bonnieblue2A on 4/8/2014 at 02:50:14 AM
"I'm sure the founding fathers never envisioned children having access to high capacity, mechanical pencils with no. 2 lead."

Offline RitaRose1945

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Asking the uncomfortable questions since 1964
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 12:51:09 PM »
That's awesome, but I'm betting that some of those States don't have a snowballs chance in passing their bills.  Where's Montana, Idaho and Nevada at on this?  I'm hoping Oregon will protect their current status since we are currently pretty free and easy as far as gun control goes.

I think Nevada may be laying low right now.  With fairly lenient gun laws currently, they're probably just hoping to keep things the same.  But I could see a definite political storm here if they did anything more federally.

They did a survey this week in the state, and 51% of the people polled said that the right to gun ownership was more important than any attempts to control it.

Or it could be that people here are a little too comfortable and don't see their rights being threatened.  Last I heard, firearm background checks here had doubled since November, though.

Offline cpf240

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 01:00:13 PM »
How come California is not on this list? Oh, wait... never mind...   :'(
Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal! - Wash

Offline soupbone

• Once made a pun out of "Mephistopheles"
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Crusty Old Curmudgeon
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 05:03:36 PM »

Watch Ohio. From the Medina Gazette, Jan. 31st:

MEDINA — If the two men charged with shooting an assault rifle that sent bullets into two Montville Township homes are convicted of felonies, will they still be able to own guns?

Ohio law says yes.

Federal law says no.

http://medinagazette.northcoastnow.com/2013/01/31/montville-township-shooting-triggers-law-fight/

An interesting study for State's Rights. I wonder how far the case will go.

soupbone
Hey, MARTYRS! Those seventy-two dark eyed virgins waiting for you in Paradise - they're NUNS! With rulers.

Offline Bennington1776

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Do you have a plan?
    • Preparedness Consulting Group, LLC
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2013, 07:33:06 PM »
Sad, North Carolina is not on board.

Offline PistolWhipped

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 08:47:08 PM »
Sad, North Carolina is not on board.

No, But SC is, and as much Tar Heel blood flows in me, I can make a stand just as well there.

Offline Cedar

• Autarkist Queen
  • Master Ant
  • Dont wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2013, 10:07:37 AM »

Franklin County, Indiana passing the same "Second Amendment Preservation Resolution" as the Borough recently did in Penn.
http://www.southbendtribune.com/news/sbt-indiana-county-passes-measure-opposing-gun-controls-20130205,0,5120399.story

Wyoming’s H.B. 0104, the “Firearm Protection Act,”  threatens federal officials with up to five years in prison and $5,000 in fines if convicted of attempting to enforce unconstitutional statutes or decrees infringing on the gun rights of Wyoming citizens. Missouri and Texas have similar legislation pending.

Mississippi Governor Phil Bryant sent a letter to state lawmakers on January 16 urging them to “immediately pass legislation that would make any unconstitutional order by the President illegal to enforce in Mississippi.

Sheriff Glenn Palmer, now in his fourth term as chief law-enforcement officer of Grant County, Oregon, is one of a growing number of sheriffs who have publicly stated their intention to uphold their oaths of office to the point of defying and resisting illegal federal usurpations.

By February 1, similar letters and statements had been issued by 242 sheriffs, including Sheriff Gil Gilbertson of Josephine County, Oregon; Sheriff Tim Mueller of Linn County, Oregon; Sheriff-Coroner Adam Christianson of Stanislaus County, California; Sheriff Denny Peyman of Jackson County, Kentucky; Sheriff John D’Agostini of Eldorado County, California; Sheriff Dean Wilson of Del Norte County, California; Sheriff Thomas Allman of Mendocino County, California; Sheriff Mike Downey of Humboldt County, California; Sheriff Scott Mascher of Yavapai County, Arizona; Sheriff Stan Hilkey of Mesa County, Colorado; Sheriff Robin Cole of Pine County, Minnesota; and Sheriff Blake Dorning of Madison County, Alabama.

Currently 283 Sheriffs and 8 State Sheriffs Associations Saying ‘NO’ to new Gun Control laws

List of State Sheriff’s Associations

1. Utah Sheriffs Association http://www.utahsheriffs.org/USA-Home_files/2nd%20Amendment%20Letter_1.pdf

2. Florida Sheriffs Association http://cspoa.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Second-Amendment-Proclamation.pdf

3. Georgia Sheriffs Association http://www.georgiasheriffs.org/Display.asp?Page=home

4. Colorado Sheriffs Association http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2013/0129/20130129_113251_GunControlLegislation.pdf

5. New Mexico Sheriffs Association http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s2900557.shtml?cat=513

6. Nebraska Sheriffs Association https://www.facebook.com/Charlie.janssen/app_208195102528120?ref=ts

7. Wyoming Sheriffs Association http://www.wascop.com/pdf/WASCOP%20Position%20Statement%20-%20Public%20Safety%20and%20Firearms.pdf

8. Indiana Sheriffs Association https://www.facebook.com/IndianaSheriffs?fref=ts

Cedar
"Do not breathe simply to exist."

Offline endurance

• Dances With Newfies
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 10:25:15 AM »
Well, Colorado is looking down the barrel of it's own gun now.  This week four bills made it out of committee and are now going to the democratic house for a vote before going to the democratic senate and then going before the democratic governor.  Uggh.

One bill is universal background checks, even on private sales (we already have 'closed the gun show loophole' in previous years).

One bill limits magazine sizes to 15 rounds, but does grandfather existing mags for now (was 10 rounds, but a moderate liberal on the committee amended the bill to 15 rounds).

One bill bans CHL permit holders from carrying on college campuses, probably one of the places I feel it's most important to carry.

One bill adds a $10 fee for the mandatory background checks.  They're actually using the fact that our current system is so backlogged that it's taking 8-10 days to buy a gun, in clear violation of federal law, which only allows a three day period to complete the checks, as an excuse to charge a fee. ??? 

So the odds of this bill passing in the next two years?  Zero.  The odds of us having a democratic house of representatives and Governor in two years?  Zero.  So maybe, just maybe things will change then.  The only reason a democrat got into the governor's office is because our Constitution Party candidate for governor took 40% of the vote.  If he runs unopposed by the Republicans or on the R ticket, he's a shoe in at this point, IMHO.
"There are things that you don't question when your home always smells like baking bread."  From The Hunger Games

“No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.”   James Madison

Offline Shaunypoo

• Dedicated Contributor
  • "He is a platypus, they don't do much." - Phineas
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 10:29:29 AM »

For real.

Just another reason to let them know how we feel.
“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  Robert Heinlein

"There's this new thing called Situational Awareness!"  Sterling Archer

Offline RitaRose1945

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Asking the uncomfortable questions since 1964
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 03:56:27 PM »
The Sherrif out here in Vegas was on the new last night saying that he had spoken with Obama about curbing gun violence.  His take was that assault weapons (or guns that people think are assault weapons is just a distraction.  Limiting them won't help at all, according to him, and I have to agree since the vast majority of gun crimes are with handguns anyway.  I guess he suggested a year or more ago to tighten up existing laws, background checks and mental health issues, along with possibly limiting magazine size, but the actual guns were only part of a much larger picture involving violence in general, not just with guns.

He actually sounded pretty reasonable, which I guess isn't surprising in a state with open carry for all legal gun owners and a concealed carry permit you can actually get as an average citizen without any real problems.  The only issue I had was when he was asked if he would join other law enforcement heads in refusing to uphold laws that restricted gun ownership, since many saw them as unconstitutional.  His response was that he had sworn to uphold the law, which I disagree with because MY feeling is that the Constitution trumps any law that is in opposition to a Constitutional right.

Offline Burton

• Survivalist Mentor
  • NOVA Prepper
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2013, 10:06:06 AM »
Virginia's failed >_<

http://www.richmondsunlight.com/bill/2013/hb2340/

One of the comments:

This bill makes absolutely NOOOOO sense. So if we ever get another DC Sniper, killing innocent people across multiple states, we will make it unlawful to cooperate with federal law enforcement. Awesome. Good thinking. Since one of the victims was in Manassas, I'm sure his family thinks this is a terrible idea.

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2013, 10:57:47 AM »
Thanks for the link Burton.