Author Topic: Taurus PH What?  (Read 1090 times)

Offline Matthew from Gooseneck Ga

• Prepper
  • "Youth is wasted on the young." george bernard sh
Taurus PH What?
« on: February 09, 2013, 03:44:56 AM »
I am watching the new Taurus commercials with the hot Jessie Duff. I was looking at there website. They have a marketing campaign touting the "what is your PH factor?".
What are they talking about? What is ph?

Offline pokeshell

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand.
Re: Taurus PH What?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 01:27:16 PM »
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/09/daniel-zimmerman/question-of-the-day-whats-your-ph/

"We were kinda at a loss until it was revealed that PH is short for Preferred Handgun . Looks like Taurus prez Mark Kresser doesn't mess around — he’s a PH-357 man. So now that you know, what’s your PH factor?"

A trick to get you on Taurus email list? :D

I do like the very pro second amendment stance. I am a little upset with S&W pandering to the local police and showing a facade of 2nd amendment support. Between the gun shops, shooting ranges, and the LEO's I suppport. I had personally came to the conclusion S&W is a "sell out" WAY before it was catching any news. 

PH 9 moving to .22

PokeShell

”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
~Clint Eastwood

Offline pokeshell

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand.
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 02:55:05 PM »
I just wanted to add, I know that S&W is just watching out for investors. They want the LEO and military business if the civilian market gets cut short.

It is my understanding this is the second time that S&W has covered both cheeks. I'd rather see them support 2nd fully than become the armament used to disarm the populace. They know there is backlash and discussions by there stance. But as most corporations, they are watching out for investors and giving lip serves to the 2nd.

Yes, I am taking and keeping my business with other companies. Companies that do not talk out of both sides of their mouth.

Notice there mission statment is 1 sentance aboput "personal safty" and the rest is about selling to LEO and militaty:
Thursday, September 1, 2011   Mission Statement    Smith & Wesson is one of the world's most recognizable brands and for good reason. Since we have opened our doors, we have focused on designing and manufacturing innovative products and solutions that are unparalleled in the field of personal safety and protection. Almost every major law enforcement and military agency in the world has used Smith & Wesson products and to this day, most police departments in the United States depend on our firearms and accessories. As a company, Smith & Wesson continues to flourish and grow. We are committed to strengthening our core safety and security business and we are prospering through synergistic alliances with our best-of-breed experts in their fields. The sane innovative, forward thinking spirit that drove Smith & Wesson in the beginning still inspires us today and we look to a future of continued leadership, quality and craftsmanship in products and services that enhance public safety, security and protection all over the world.

Smith & Wesson knives are engineered and manufactured according to this same company philosophy which is your assurance of complete satisfaction as the end user of their quality products.

PokeShell

”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
~Clint Eastwood

Offline Chemsoldier

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 04:58:32 PM »
I'm not getting the S&W bashing.  They did some dumb stuff under different management.  Since then they have come out with the real "most powerful handgun" that has given the anti-gunner hives.  They make more CCW revolvers than anyone else in the industry.  They sponsor a VERY popular match every year at their HQ (IDPA Indoor Nationals).  Gone into the AR business in a big way, just released in the M&P 10 (which is never going to be a patrol rifle but may be a very popular mass market AR-10 platform).  They release the M&P polymer auto line which they are selling to LEAs but are also popular for civilians and finally come out with the S&W M&P Shield which will never be a popular police gun but is tearing up the civilian market.  Meanwhile they employ some very popular pro-shooters for public relations.  Oh...and the S&W 1911 line isnt exactly made for the LE/Mil market either.

Commercial for the Shield, not a LEO in frame anywhere: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IfQbB8JWck

Oh, they also released their Optics ready versions of the Shield for competition and those that trust red dots enough to carry them on the streetz.  Once again, a product with no LE future.
"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing, after they've tried everything else"
-Winston Churchill

"You think health care is expensive now? Wait until its free!"
-P.J. O'Rourke

Offline Chemsoldier

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 05:03:58 PM »
Incidently, Taurus is the be commended for their outreach.  Their emphasis on CCW and using Jessie Duff for outreach to non-shooters is very commendable.
"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing, after they've tried everything else"
-Winston Churchill

"You think health care is expensive now? Wait until its free!"
-P.J. O'Rourke

Offline Matthew from Gooseneck Ga

• Prepper
  • "Youth is wasted on the young." george bernard sh
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 11:42:15 PM »
Thanks yall.
My ph factor? 9mm