Author Topic: item idea  (Read 1129 times)

Offline Bolomark

• Survivalist Mentor
item idea
« on: February 09, 2013, 03:54:36 PM »
something that can be used with paracord. bead ect.
and something flat and small that can be used (embedded) in a knife handle, like one from knife kits.

Offline cartpusher

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Survival Gear Bags
Re: item idea
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 11:04:23 AM »
Funny you should post this.  I am in the process of seeing how we can utilize the PVC patch process for other uses.  One being embed paracord into it  to make custom TSP zipper pulls for a bag we are working on. 

What type of material would you want to see for a knife handle emblem?   Would the soft PVC work for that application?

Offline Bolomark

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 05:03:26 PM »
something that could be glued into a recessed hole in the handle. i think pvc or other material as long their is something on the backside for the glue to grip onto.

Offline rikkrack

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Permaculture Entrepreneur
    • Wolf-Beach Farms
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 12:39:51 PM »
Funny you should post this.  I am in the process of seeing how we can utilize the PVC patch process for other uses.  One being embed paracord into it  to make custom TSP zipper pulls for a bag we are working on. 

What type of material would you want to see for a knife handle emblem?   Would the soft PVC work for that application?

Recently found a zipper pull that had a handcuff key molded into the shape, and another that had the key within the paracord bracelet. Could this be incorporated?