Author Topic: Do you carry? WHAT do you carry?  (Read 24867 times)

Offline jpommer

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Safety-On Firearms Training
Re: Do you carry? WHAT do you carry?
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2010, 07:40:16 PM »
I have my weapon!!!  Jason and I went to the local gun show this past weekend.  There was ONE Kahr K9 in full metal and it is MINE!  Got it for a steal as well, at least compared to full retail value.  Jason got a brand new Kahr CW40.

After we got home, he was handling my gun and decided that he liked MY gun better than his...I told him he could USE my gun if necessary, but it's MINE. mineminemineminemine.

Can't wait to get some time to go to the range!  Now, I need to start looking for some type of holster.

;D

Niiiiiiiice!!!

Offline TwoBluesMama

• More Evil Than You Know
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • New Blue in the House
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2010, 08:09:47 PM »
I have my weapon!!!  Jason and I went to the local gun show this past weekend.  There was ONE Kahr K9 in full metal and it is MINE!  Got it for a steal as well, at least compared to full retail value.  Jason got a brand new Kahr CW40.

After we got home, he was handling my gun and decided that he liked MY gun better than his...I told him he could USE my gun if necessary, but it's MINE. mineminemineminemine.

Can't wait to get some time to go to the range!  Now, I need to start looking for some type of holster.

;D

Awesome!

Offline CandyBabyE

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2010, 09:32:26 PM »
Congrats!!  Now you have to pick a name for it.  ;D  Mine is Ziva.

Offline jpommer

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2010, 09:24:06 PM »
We need photos, Ann.

Offline Ann

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2010, 11:58:31 AM »
Life has been a little crazy here lately.  Sorry for the lack of posting.

I promise I will try to upload some photos.  I STINK at it, but I will try. <3 my new gun!

I'm also learning to shoot all over again.  Seems the smaller gun also gives me the issue of squeezing my whole hand instead of just the trigger according to the analysis chart (first time shooting new gun).

Offline jpommer

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2010, 12:09:31 PM »

I'm also learning to shoot all over again.  Seems the smaller gun also gives me the issue of squeezing my whole hand instead of just the trigger according to the analysis chart (first time shooting new gun).

Get some snap-caps and do a lot of dry-fire practice. It really works! You'll see the sights twitch and be able to work on the cause. Dry-firing 1000 times is every bit as effective (and cheaper) than 1000 rounds at the range for accuracy.

Offline Ann

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2010, 11:09:50 AM »
Thanks, Jerry!!  I had not thought of that! (but then again, that's why YOU'RE teaching!)   ;D

Offline Elf_1

• Prepper
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2010, 09:47:26 AM »
Get some snap-caps and do a lot of dry-fire practice. It really works! You'll see the sights twitch and be able to work on the cause. Dry-firing 1000 times is every bit as effective (and cheaper) than 1000 rounds at the range for accuracy.

I love these snap-cap things, thanks!  They really help.  They let you hold, load, and handle your gun without live ammo so that you are more comfortable with it when you do load the real stuff.  I also have been using them to practice with my speedloaders for my ladysmith.