Author Topic: New to self defense suggestions  (Read 1897 times)

Offline toasterface

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
New to self defense suggestions
« on: September 09, 2012, 01:00:59 PM »
In my opinion because they are basic and functional and have sparring, rolling, 3-6 months training of  Muay Thai and BJJ(Brazilian Jiu Jitsu/10th Planet and you could basically operate in:
Standing long range
Standing mid range
Standing short range
Standing grappling
Ground fighting from top
Ground fighting from bottom
Take down defense
How to get back up while ground fighting

If you can dance with someone (react to a human beings movement) and you can catch a baseball (calculate the trajectory of a thing coming toward you) then you have the skills to fight. The trick is staying calm.

Peace

Offline joeandmich

• Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: New to self defense suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 08:42:05 AM »
What about dealing with 2 or more attackers.
What about being assaulted by someone with a knife, bat, club or gun?

Joe

Offline toasterface

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: New to self defense suggestions
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 07:34:57 PM »
That was just some basic info not advanced.

For all fighting, just stay calm and make correct decisions. It's easy. ha!

As far as multiple attackers, it's just like fighting one on one except your odds of winning are really really low and winning strategy is very very difficult to pull off. In my brilliant 20's my ego was calling the shots and I attacked a group and used a mosh pit chaotic shove and strike linebacker swim moves method fueled by tequila then ran, then tripped, then was straddled/mounted but kept moving, was punched from the mount and  stomped from others but because I kept moving I fought out and then ran my ass of.  Smile and breath, you'll stay loose, besides, enjoy the fight it might be your last. So basically evade and run your ass off.

As far as weapons. Same thing, you can block, roll with, deflect a punch,a kick, a kid throwing a stuffed animal at you. Same for knifes and bats, except if you mess up you get severely wounded or dead.  The physics is the same in all interactions it's our mind that fucks it up.

You could also watch Steven Seagal movies over and over. I call him the Gravy Ninja, but thats just me.