Author Topic: 13 in 13 Computer Skills - YouTube  (Read 1907 times)

Offline GodFearingMan

• Prepper
13 in 13 Computer Skills - YouTube
« on: February 19, 2013, 05:17:49 PM »
So one of my goals is to get some videos up on YouTube.  I am wondering if it would be bad to record on my iPhone 4 and if that will work any free video editing software that I could use to add text or picture and stuff like that.

Thanks

Offline libertyzeal

• Prepper
Re: 13 in 13 Computer Skills - YouTube
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 06:35:51 PM »
I don't have an iPhone, but if it's anything like an android phone, it should have the ability to automatically upload to youtube.  (Then again Google owns both Android and YouTube, so someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd advise that you hold the phone in landscape (lengthwise) when filming anything as this better matches the dimensions that youtube uses.

And as far as video editing goes, you can do quite a lot from the youtube site itself.  You can crop out sections, add text annotations, add background music, do color fixups, etc.  The one thing I don't think you can do though is to include your own images (but I haven't tried).

Offline Frugal Upstate

• Dedicated Contributor
  • aka Jenn Fowler and Jenn @ Frugal Upstate ;)
    • Frugal Upstate
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 10:38:23 AM »
What kind of videos are you intending to do? For example--will you be doing tutorials or just talking about ideas?  It is possible to combine videos from various sources (ie do some of it on your phone, some of it on your desktop's webcam some with a flipvideo camera or your digital camera that also does video) and then edit them together.

I just love Prism Video File Converter in order to convert all my videos to like file types. (when necessary)

Offline GodFearingMan

• Prepper
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 01:55:20 AM »
I am thinking about doing how to videos on different topics, my goal is to make them short and full of info a lot of videos I watch on YouTube are a lot longer than I think they need to be and that I have time to spare. I want to use my iPhone because it is all I really have and don't want to dish out any cash on a camera right now.

I will have to check out prism I haven't heard of that yet. Thanks!

Offline Frugal Upstate

• Dedicated Contributor
  • aka Jenn Fowler and Jenn @ Frugal Upstate ;)
    • Frugal Upstate
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 04:06:16 AM »
The iPhone will work-I've done a few "in store shopping experience" type videos with my phone.  I was interested in how that "swivel" unit jack mentioned worked out-it is a moving stand you put your phone on then you carry a sensor thing and the camera swivels to follow you.

Not sure how well it works though.

Offline GodFearingMan

• Prepper
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 07:02:05 PM »
Yea the swivel seems interesting. I think I would definitely need some sort of stand.