Author Topic: Jack endorsed by guest on C2C AM last night & he even spelled Jack's name!  (Read 11617 times)

Offline Oil Lady

• Lady oil lady oil la-dy hoo
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • My book needs more humor. My pen needs more salt.
Last night's installment of C2C with host John B. had a second-half guest named Brad Barker, a preparedness and survivalism expert, host of a Discovery Channel show about how to survive a kidnapping called Kidnap and Rescue, and the founder of a disaster response company called the HALO Corporation which specializes in going into communities that have been distressed by a natural disaster and helping out. And during the interview, Barker adamantly endorsed Jack Spirko and TSP. PLEASE REALIZE THAT C2C HAS A USA LISTENER AUDIENCE OF OVER 3 MILLION! AND A WORLDWIDE LISTENER AUDIENCE OF OVER 5 MILLION!

There are two separate instances during the interview where Brad Barker mentions Jack (the first instance he mispronounces the title of Jack's podcast, but he makes up for that misspeak a minute later).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96b28TF34E4

The first time he mentions Jack is found at 1:27:52 thru to 01:29:23

BRAD: .... Sam Sheridan he's a guy that wrote The Disaster Diaries, a great resource, and there's Jack Spirko, a guy that would be a great guest for you folks [here at C2C] and he has The Survivor's Podcast [sic]. I just wanna be clear that these types of things are not the crazy prepper communities where it's just a little over the top. This is actual practical application of real stuff that you as a Regular Joe can apply today. I just want to underscore that the preparedness thing, the prepper thing, has become a bit of a cottage industry, it's gotten a fair amount of media attention, there are some shows about it, but there are some grains of truth, there are nuggets in there that are real. And what it is is giving you the information so you can protect your family, and then your community can support itself! If we get THERE [ie, if American society can reach a point where this level of community-wide preparedness becomes a normal thing], then folks like HALO don't have to come by. You really don't want to meet us because you have to. I'd much rather hang out with you at a Happy Hour or at a Starbuck's than if we're actually in a deployable operation.

And then he mentions Jack yet again about 1 minute later, with much more force and prominence.

01:30:00 thru to 01:30:38

BRAD: The other one was The Survival Podcast. You just go to The Survival Podcast dot com. Jack Spirko is the host there. Again, this is a guy I don't know, He's just a guy I listen to. Because the moment you think you know everything is the day you stop learning, and that's the day you just increased your own vulnerability. So we [at HALO] are always listening to what other people in this space are doing because we are both teachers and students, and that's a real healthy place for us.

JOHN B. : How are we spelling his last name? s-p-i-r-c-o?

BRAD: s-p-i-r-K-o. Jack Spirko, and that's The Survival Podcast dot com.

JOHN B. : All right. Very good. Well, thanks for that! 

Somebody tell Jack he needs to sign himself up become a guest on C2C as soon as possible!

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/pages/contact

Be Our Guest

Have you ever wondered how to become a guest on Coast to Coast AM?
It's easy. Just send an e-mail to the Producer stating your name, phone
number, the area of your expertise or the nature of your experience.
If it sounds like something worth talking about on Coast to Coast AM,
the producer will call you. It's that easy. Write to: CoastProducer@aol.com.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 02:57:55 PM by Oil Lady »

Offline LICountryBoy

• Survivalist Mentor
I have email. CTC and some of the hosts saying they should have him on for years. Never even a response. I'll bet now he'll be contacted.

Let's hope. If for nothing else to get more visibility. I am sure last nights show didn't hurt.

I haven't had a chance to listen to last night's show but now I will put it on the priority list.

Thanks for the heads up.

Offline markl32

• Senior Survivalist
  • TSP Support Brigade member

While Jack is at it he should also get himself on the Clyde Lewis Show.  The clyde Lewis show is far more enjoyable than C2C in my opinion and Clyde is has had preppers on in the past.   

Offline bbobwat33

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
that's awesome. i've always wanted to hear Jack on the Joe Rogan Experience Podcast. Joe has an audience of over a million listeners and i think they would get along well. i highly recommend his podcast also.

metaforge

That's awesome!  I have a tough time listening to C2C very often cuz the shows are so darn long.  But if Jack were on, I'd make the time.

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
The C2C call in segment is unbearable for me.

Offline Oil Lady

• Survival Demonstrator
The C2C call in segment is unbearable for me.

I find that portion sometimes interesting, sometimes comical, sometimes tragic.

metaforge

Well let's hope they don't bring up Mulligan Mint, might be Jack's Watergate.

Offline Lostjagged

• Survivor
  • The Biker Prepper
Ok, lets be honest. There are 2 types of people on c2c. those who believe in the lizard men, and those who listen for "entertainment" reasons. Group one is already "prepping" and group two will likely not be reached even if Jack did do c2c because it's not "out there" enough.

Offline The Professor

• Tactical Skittle Assassin
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • All we have to do is create another universe
Ok, lets be honest. There are 2 types of people on c2c. those who believe in the lizard men, and those who listen for "entertainment" reasons. Group one is already "prepping" and group two will likely not be reached even if Jack did do c2c because it's not "out there" enough.

Intriguing.

I don't believe in the "lizard men" but I prep and listen to C2C.

Perhaps there's a third segment?

The Professor

Offline Chemsoldier

• Pot Stirrer
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
Re: Jack endorsed by guest on C2C AM last night & he even spelled Jack's name!
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 12:25:12 AM »
Lizard men rock.

There is something almost awe inspiring about listening to people who believe in truly outlandish conspiracies.  Kind of the "Train Wreck" effect.

You know, faked moon landing...I think its madness, but in the grans scheme of conspiracies it is fairly run of the mill.  But lizard men, living in tunnels beneath the earth....glorious madness.

Offline DrJohn

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 05:38:21 AM »
I know, lizard men rock.  I know a guy who claims he was abducted by the lizard men, and they are constantly watching him.  He also says he has been in the secret area underneath the Denver airport.

Offline The Professor

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2014, 06:20:45 PM »
I know, lizard men rock.  I know a guy who claims he was abducted by the lizard men, and they are constantly watching him.  He also says he has been in the secret area underneath the Denver airport.

LOL, I've been in the secret area underneath DIA.  Didn't see no Lizard Men.

Leprechauns, however. . .

The Professor

Offline Chemsoldier

• Pot Stirrer
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2014, 06:26:49 PM »

The Professor
Make fun of the wee ones at your own peril...

Offline Oil Lady

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2014, 06:39:37 PM »
LOL, I've been in the secret area underneath DIA.

fer real? :)

Offline The Professor

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2014, 07:32:36 PM »
Make fun of the wee ones at your own peril...

I ain't making fun.  Trust me.  I learned from the last time one told me to burn things.

The Professor

Offline The Professor

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2014, 07:40:42 PM »

fer real? :)

Yep.  I've been in the facilities underneath the airport.  I lost no time. I think I would remember if I had been probed.  I saw no international, underground superspeed tunnels.

I did see Elvis, though.

The Professor

Offline NWPilgrim

• Dedicated Contributor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2014, 11:19:39 AM »

The Professor

Hate to break the news to you Professor, but if you were there and you didn't see the Lizard Men, it means you are the lizard man! It's already happening...

Offline The Professor

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2014, 11:38:05 AM »
Hate to break the news to you Professor, but if you were there and you didn't see the Lizard Men, it means you are the lizard man! It's already happening...

Well, that would explain my severe case of psoriasis. . .

Why I have a craving for tobasco sauce whenever I see a hamster. . .

and why my selfies always turn out like this:

The Professor
(Who is undergoing a serious identity crisis, at the moment.)

Offline Lostjagged

• Survivor
  • The Biker Prepper
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2014, 03:15:43 PM »
I seem to have sent this thread off somewhere weird  :-\ , and yes I did forget the 3rd group by accident. The third group is normal people like us who listen for fun.

Offline TexDaddy

• TSP Goat Wrangling Geezer. He is EVIL also.
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • I live in Texas. What country are you from?

Offline Chemsoldier

• Pot Stirrer
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran

d3nni5

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2014, 05:46:25 PM »
I love C2C AM.  I also listen to Alex Jones on a short wave channel.   I know, I know.   But underneath all the "stuff" you can find some good info.   Just have to put the filter on between your ears and brain.

Offline Alan Georges

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Still trying to reason with hurricane season.
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2014, 07:01:29 PM »
I love C2C AM.  I also listen to Alex Jones on a short wave channel.   I know, I know.   But underneath all the "stuff" you can find some good info.   Just have to put the filter on between your ears and brain.
I have to agree here, especially wrt C2C AM.  Even when C2C gets weird, it's at least amusing.  I've heard a several of the guests get pretty whacky, like the hypnotherapist who keeps an exorcist on his speed dial "just in case something unexpected shows up."  That interview went bad and the guest nearly hung up on George N.  Then there was one last month or so, the woman was so loopy from whatever she'd had to keep awake for the late-night interview that she couldn't stop laughing.  Those are fun.  Last year there was a pretty straight-up interview with four serious sci-fi authors, including Larry Niven who talked about writer's block and overcoming it (mostly by taking on a co-author who he doesn't want to let down).  That was cool.

But even ol' AJ has his good moments too, like when he gets up a full head of rant-steam.  Some of the time I can take it and it's even fun, sometimes I just have to switch stations.  That's where Radio Havana comes in: when NPR isn't far enough left, the weird go to 6000 SW!

Offline Oil Lady

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2014, 09:08:24 AM »
I love it when C2C has those rare moments of utterly stellar broadcast journalism. Such as, you can usually count on C2C guest-host George Knapp to take the show off into total respectability. George Knapp only guest-hosts once or twice a month, and almost always on a Sunday night. If you can catch him, please do so. He's top-shelf. I think he embodies every element of what makes for a perfect host for that kind of show. And while I lament that he can only make it twice a month, I suspect that he uses those 2+ weeks to prepare meticulously for each interview. If he was every week or even twice a week like most of the other non-Noory hosts, I don't believe the quality of his interviews would be as high. He's the kind of journalist who wants to take luxurious amounts of time to prepare for an interview. And it really shows in his work.

Knapp is a UFO believer, but with both feet firmly planted on the ground. He wants facts. And while he searches for them with a shrewd meticulousness, he is wonderfully polite to each and every guest. Never being rude or hostile to a guest is, I think, what makes that show super-cool. Pretty much none of the hosts are ever rude to a guest, nor do they seek to be brutal and cruel in any efforts to rebutt or invalidate any of the sketchy stuff that guests have to say.

Another great thing about Knapp is that most of his guests are "book guests" and if that guest has written a book, you KNOW just by listening to his questions that George Knapp actually read the frigging book! And probably highlighted and underlined stuff in it too! 

As for George Noory ....

... Noory is an absolute gentleman to his guests, almost never being in any way rude to them. He represents the "ideal listener" for that show:

-- right leaning
-- conservative leaning
-- some flavor of Christian
-- curious
-- open-minded
-- willing to hypothesize and entertain truly outlandish notions
-- wiling to give guests the benefit of the doubt

The hard-hitting, venomous, hostile form of interview known as "gotcha" journalism (as Sarah Palin famously dubbed it) is NOT what this show is about. And that's both a strength and a weakness. The weakness of it is that very little of what any guest has to say ever gets TRULY scrutinized by the host. The strength is that it allows guests to truly delve into their work without being hindered by defensiveness.  This show requires you to be your own filter.

There was one George Noory interview that I think was one of the best shows ever. And that was the Easter Island show from about 2 years ago. In that show, George interviewed a couple of very young doctoral candidates from some university who evidently solved the mystery of Easter Island's massive statues. The world of science has long asked: how did those massive carved stone heads get there? Some of them are over 20 feet high! And whenever they asked the natives, the answer was always: "They walked there." Well ... those two doctoral candidates went to Hawaii to try and duplicate the carving of such stone heads, and also the moving of them. They carved out a massive, 10-foot high stone head, then made ropes from the local vines that grow wild all over Hawaii, and then with a team of about 20 college students, then lashed the vine ropes all over the statue and began to ... "walk" ... the statue down a dirt road. The way they made the statue "walk" has been compared to how you might rock your refrigerator left and right across the kitchen floor. Here's the way cool video showing the college students doing it, and they are all chanting:

"Heave! ................... Ho! ................. Heave! ............... Ho! ............ "

as they "walk" the statue down the road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpNuh-J5IgE

The thing is, that there have been OTHER guests on C2C who have come on and sworn up and down that the heads were brought there by aliens with anti-gravity technology. And Noory has politely listened to those guests. And now we have guests saying it's all perfectly explainable, and they showed us how. And Noory politely listened to THESE guests. And maybe next week, there will be ANOTHER guest who comes on to say the heads were brought there by aliens with anti-gravity technology.

Is this bad journalism? I don't think so. Instead I regard it as non-orthodox journalism. The bottom line of this show is that it allows a platform for stuff that pretty much has no platform anywhere else --and that sums up the very essence of "alternative media."

Offline Lostjagged

• Survivor
  • The Biker Prepper
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2014, 06:13:21 PM »
Thank you Alan for using good rhetoric and Tex for pointing out my "tongue in cheek".

Offline helix2301

• Survivor
  • techgeek and ham radio operator
    • The Technology Geek Podcast
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2015, 06:23:54 AM »

While Jack is at it he should also get himself on the Clyde Lewis Show.  The clyde Lewis show is far more enjoyable than C2C in my opinion and Clyde is has had preppers on in the past.

I agree jack would do great on both those shows

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2015, 08:34:40 AM »
Jack should invite Coast to Coast to interview for HIS show.... ::)