Author Topic: Big Eyes  (Read 1881 times)

Offline mohauck

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Big Eyes
« on: April 01, 2013, 04:32:50 PM »
did your parents ever say to you...  your eyes are bigger than your stomach. well I have always had this problem
 so to start off Hello- I'm Mohauck-
my husband and I just purchased a wonderful house that needs lots of love and tlc, it has two acres and most of that is wooded.
it has a well and septic and is outside of "town"
the main goal for this spring is to get the house a bit more comfortable- we wont be able to do all of our projects right off the bat but here are some of the ones we are working on.
ripping out the basement- it had mold (not too bad) we had to rip out all of the partial completed areas and we will have some one come in and do the mold remediation then we will re do the basement- over time a little here and there
outside needs work to say the least- I need to put in a garden and clean out the area around the house, plant fruit bushes and editable landscaping, more of a food forest like when I was growing up.
just to see if anyone is interested thanks
 :)

nelson96

Re: Big Eyes
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 09:36:02 PM »
I know EVERY bit of what you speak of.  Thankfully my wife and I bought ours 3 years before our first child.  16 years later we have what many wish they had . . . .  A nice home and a comfortable "hobby farm" that has a ton of equity (sweat equity).  ;)

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
  • TSP Supreme Galactic Ant
  • Dont wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 10:07:56 PM »
Do a "Show us your garden" thread. Welcome to the forums.

Cedar

Offline mohauck

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 06:45:30 PM »
Do a "Show us your garden" thread. Welcome to the forums.

Cedar

that sounds like a good idea, I am going to do a before and during and after, there are LOTS of trees down and the bramble that is ALL over the property needs to be tamed down....   but I need a chainsaw, for most of them- and I'll get one that I can do more than clean brush with I plan to make some $ off of the trees that are down.

Offline mohauck

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 06:47:15 PM »
I know EVERY bit of what you speak of.  Thankfully my wife and I bought ours 3 years before our first child.  16 years later we have what many wish they had . . . .  A nice home and a comfortable "hobby farm" that has a ton of equity (sweat equity).  ;)

NICE! I'll get there I see what we have done with our place we have now- and I cant wait to get my hands on the new place-
however the sitting on the back deck is SOO nice- just listening to the trees- man o man do I love that  -