Author Topic: Midway USA  (Read 11095 times)

Offline Paulie

• Prepper
Midway USA
« on: April 08, 2013, 12:59:12 PM »
10 out of 10 for these guys. They always ship fast, always get back to you with issues and very professional.

Bonnieblue2A

Re: Midway USA
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 01:10:56 PM »
A+ customer service. They are local for me so I can often pick-up and save shipping as well.

The Potterfields are in the forefront in the fight to preserve and protect our RKBA. Last month, upon receiving their 1 millionth unique customer, they wrote a check to NRA-ILA to help defend the 2nd Amendment.
At a state level they sponsor scholastic clays scholarships for youth shooting programs.

nelson96

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 02:05:02 PM »
I would agree.  The only problem I have ever had, they turned around and made good on it . . .  They messed up an order for me one time where they shipped the wrong item which resulted in me not being able to attend a shoot.  They credited me the shipping charges of my original order, shipped me the product they missed (at no charge), and told me to keep the item they shipped by mistake, which cost the same as the item they miss shipped.

Offline backwoods_engineer

• Survivalist Mentor
  • An engineer trying to get back to the woods
    • Backwoods Engineer's Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 02:53:18 PM »
10 out of 10 for these guys. They always ship fast, always get back to you with issues and very professional.

I have lost track of the # orders I have gotten from them, ALL with no problems.  Class act.

Offline FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 11:47:40 PM »
Great company, never had a problem in over a couple dozen orders.

Offline trekker111

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 01:45:16 AM »
Great company, never had a problem in over a couple dozen orders.

Same here, it's usually the first place I look for a hunting/shooting item.

Offline Leftout

• Prepper
  • In SE MI now, but looking to "walk" to Tenn
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 06:47:04 AM »
They have been prompt with my orders as well, and unlike some other vendors, they do send out the email when stock is available to order.

Offline DrJohn

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 07:04:26 AM »
Agreed, Super to deal with and the catalogue is a great reference!

Bonnieblue2A

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 07:33:45 AM »
If anyone is driving down I-70 you may or may not want to know this:

Midway USA has expended their customer pick-up center and you can sit down right there in the lobby in front of a computer monitor, place your order, and wait for them to carry it out to the front desk for you.

;D

zanedclark@att.net

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 10:00:02 AM »
Been a satisfied customer for longer then I can remember.
z

Offline markl32

• Senior Survivalist
  • TSP Support Brigade member
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 12:27:59 PM »

Good company.  I like the 2A support as well. 

My only gripe is ammo shipping prices.  They now limit ammo purchases to one or two boxes and they charge outrageous shipping on that ammo.  I stopped buying ammo from them until this craziness passes. 

Offline Shaunypoo

• Dedicated Contributor
  • "He is a platypus, they don't do much." - Phineas
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 12:33:38 PM »
I have had a few great experiences with them as well.  A friend of mine ordered a magazine, got it, and realized it was the wrong one.  Unfortunately he didn't check it until about 3 months after he received it.  It was in the right packaging, but was the wrong caliber.  They game him a credit and refunded his shipping when he sent it back.  Otherwise, he was happy with the transaction as well.  Company that big, mistakes happen, but they made it right.

Offline Fyrediver

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 05:51:05 PM »
Use them regularly and have always gotten good results.  Even with the current level of craziness they've done well once their supply chain caught up.  I've returned a few things and have always had good customer service from them.

Offline 802Shawn

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2013, 05:33:45 PM »
A solid company to get reloading and other gun supplies from. Always on time . :)

Offline gundog

• Survivalist Mentor
  • It's the dog....not the gun.
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2013, 12:16:19 PM »
I just had a couple mags come off back order. 2 at 14.20 each.

Shipping and "handling" to me is 18.90! 

What  joke.

I have paid their high shipping costs before but that is too much. I will shop around a lot more before using them next time.

Offline XtraBright

• Prepper
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2013, 06:10:14 AM »
For people outside the USA i should hint that there is also a:

Midway Germany

Their delivery times i consider are a bit slower as they get their orders from the USA but they have all the necessary stuff at good prices.

I basically bought most of my reloading tools with them.

For people outside of Germany (like me) there is additional advice as they officially do not send orders outside:

Customize your shopping basket, print it out (do not push "Buy" Button) and contact them.
You get an order confirmation and bill, pay the money and get the goods after they received the money.

Works fine for me so far.

Offline MississippiJarhead

• Survivalist Mentor
  • I never learned from a man who agreed with me.-RAH
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2013, 09:24:29 AM »
After years of using them I've only had one problem with MidwayUSA. I got some AK-74 mags in place of AK-47 mags. I thought it may have been my screw up, and being I plan to get a 74, eventually. I just kept them.

Offline PAGUY

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2013, 04:28:54 PM »
I have used them for basic supplies and have never had any problems.

Offline MJWitt

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 02:19:16 PM »
I have used this company quite often, always with great results and satisfaction.

Offline sdcharger

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2013, 06:59:24 PM »
I am a huge fan of Midway USA with MANY orders under my belt.  Customer service done right.  I even got to shake hands with Larry Potterfield once, one of the most important people in the history of the shooting sports industry.

This is the best of the large shooting sports/outdoors suppliers in my humble opinion.

And when I wear my Midway USA hat, people come up to me everywhere and say "I have ordered from them, they are awesome".

Offline Shrekfingers

• Survivor
  • Been there, done that, have the T-shirt
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2013, 07:36:23 PM »
Good to know, first order for me. I just ordered a LEM dehydrator today and within 3 hrs received an email it had shipped WOW ;D

Bonnieblue2A

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2013, 11:43:42 AM »
Good to know, first order for me. I just ordered a LEM dehydrator today and within 3 hrs received an email it had shipped WOW ;D

Their warehouse and shipping facility is highly automated and efficient. It is pretty impressive and I've only had the opportunity to peek at a small portion in the past. Would love to see more since my purchases helped build their facility.    :-X

Offline Rottenclam

• Prepper
  • Go Bucs!
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2013, 08:41:35 PM »
What APMEX is to precious metals, I think Midway USA is to shooting.

An incredibly well designed e-commerce experience, and customer service that is best in class.

Sadly (but IMHO, justifiably) you may pay a *little* bit more in shipping, or the premiums may be a *bit* higher, but the peace-of-mind is worth it to me.

Offline NWPilgrim

• Dedicated Contributor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2013, 09:53:55 PM »
I would agree.  The only problem I have ever had, they turned around and made good on it . . .  They messed up an order for me one time where they shipped the wrong item which resulted in me not being able to attend a shoot.  They credited me the shipping charges of my original order, shipped me the product they missed (at no charge), and told me to keep the item they shipped by mistake, which cost the same as the item they miss shipped.

Same for me, Nelson.  I had a good size order of reloading dies and they messed up on a couple when shipped.  I called, they said no problem, and they shipped several more to me "just to be sure".  I ended up with a boatload of dies.

Offline NWPilgrim

• Dedicated Contributor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2013, 09:55:14 PM »
If anyone is driving down I-70 you may or may not want to know this:

Midway USA has expended their customer pick-up center and you can sit down right there in the lobby in front of a computer monitor, place your order, and wait for them to carry it out to the front desk for you.

;D

Glad I live across the country from them!! Yikes that would be like my full time job, sort of. :)

Offline milito227

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2014, 02:12:44 PM »
I wouldn't even be able to guess how much I have spent on Midway, but it's a lot. Never had a problem. Great company.