Author Topic: Barter Question  (Read 1153 times)

Offline Bennington1776

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Do you have a plan?
    • Preparedness Consulting Group, LLC
Barter Question
« on: April 19, 2013, 01:50:19 AM »
I placed an ad to sell some unused unopened C-A-T Combat Application Tourniquets on an internal work for sale board.  They normally sell brand new for $35.00.  I am selling them for $25.00.  Two of my co-works bought some quickly and another asked if I would accept barter.  I thought sure but can't think of anything that may be a fair trade.  I asked the person for what they may have in mind and the ball was tossed back into my court.  What would be something appropriate in this price range?  I was thinking 00 buck shot or silver but not sure.

Offline Louisiana Suvivor

• Can't Spell His Own Name
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • I'm back! I miss you too.
Re: Barter Question
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 05:22:27 AM »
I would think that since he wanted to barter he would make the offer lol

Offline rikkrack

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Permaculture Entrepreneur
    • Wolf-Beach Farms
Re: Barter Question
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 08:10:12 AM »
Think of anything you need at home.

LTS foods, maybe a #10 can of freeze dried foods, ammo is always acceptable, but some people are anti firearm. Usually it is something they have on hand already they don't want/need. Extra propane tank.

We picked up a AR for barter of wife's old engagement ring (previous marriage). What a deal.

You may also look at a service. Mow lawn tree trimming etc. Maybe they have eggs, you don,t. work out a deal for dozen eggs for X number of weeks.

I would throw out some suggestions to them, to give them an idea of what you are looking for.