Author Topic: Bio Tech Investing  (Read 1321 times)

Offline EagleSteel

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Support Brigade Member
Bio Tech Investing
« on: June 11, 2013, 09:05:46 AM »
As some of you may know I make a lot of money on the market in the bio tech sector. I do invest in other things from time to time but bioi tech is my bread and butter. I figured I would share some stocks that I'm currently looking at but please don't take this as advice and if you invest please DO YOUR OWN DUE DILIGENCE! The investing I do is not for the faint of heart but it can make you a boat load of cash if you know what you are doing. Most recently I made a nice gain in ACAD. I bought ACAD late last year when it was in the low $2's and when it had positive phase III results from its study I sold in the low $6's. While that return was great I'm kicking myself because it closed above $19 yesterday. However there is another stock that has caught my eye. I'm having second thoughts now about share the ticker because I don't want to be responsible for anyone taking a hit. I guess my advice to all of you is to look into the Bio Tech sector. This is a helpful site http://www.biopharmcatalyst.com/fda-calendar/

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
Re: Bio Tech Investing
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 12:59:37 PM »
Never balk at tripling your money. I goof off on the stocks as well and my goal is 20-30% annual return. I usually make it with some room to spare. I have done biotech before but I do better in vice industries. My portfolio right now has cigarettes, alcohol, and fast food. Sorry, God. I have a hard and fast rule that once I double my money I immediately sell half. Never steers you wrong playing with the house's money.

I'll look into your ideas and maybe make a play. My favorite came last year when I sold my shares of S&W to buy a S&W! Can you believe nobody bought gun stock in front of an obvious Obama re-election? I don't get to talk this game a lot. I'd love to get a bigger group together. Investing is a passion that needs exploring.