Author Topic: "high end" brass  (Read 1663 times)

Offline DDJ

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
"high end" brass
« on: June 16, 2013, 05:31:34 AM »
I went to the range yesterday and picked up brass.  I found a large number of 9mm and .45ACP that was the bright silver plated from Hornady's "high End" self defense Line.  That is just plated Brass isn't it?  yes I am sure it is not Aluminum.

nelson96

Re: "high end" brass
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 08:39:36 AM »
I went to the range yesterday and picked up brass.  I found a large number of 9mm and .45ACP that was the bright silver plated from Hornady's "high End" self defense Line.  That is just plated Brass isn't it?  yes I am sure it is not Aluminum.

There is aluminum casing out there, but what you have is probably nickel plated brass casing.

Offline Bradbn4

• Dedicated Contributor
Re: "high end" brass
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 08:53:27 AM »

From what you have indicated, I would say it is nickle plated.  Reloading is fine, verify that it is a large primer.

http://www.hornady.com/store/45-ACP-185-gr-Critical-Defense/

Both critical defense and critical duty have the same text on the brass

Shiny silver nickel plating prevents corrosion, and is easily visible in low light situations.