Author Topic: Filtering time?  (Read 2778 times)

Offline Gearsoup

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Filtering time?
« on: August 04, 2013, 03:18:45 PM »
Mr. Berkey;

How long does it take for one gallon of tap water (or rain water) to pass through new (or relatively new) filters on the Royal Berkey System? I'm looking at adding one to my preps, but wondering if small will work, just filling more often

Offline theberkeyguy

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Berkey Water Purification Systems
Re: Filtering time?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 09:13:43 AM »
Mr. Berkey;

How long does it take for one gallon of tap water (or rain water) to pass through new (or relatively new) filters on the Royal Berkey System? I'm looking at adding one to my preps, but wondering if small will work, just filling more often

At the start, it should purify about 2-3 gallons per hour, when using 2 black berkey elements in any system.

It can slow down over time, and we recommend cleaning or back flushing the elements every 2-3 months.

theberkeyguy
Berkey Water Purification Systems:
www.directive21.com

Offline joeface

• Prepper
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 03:54:36 PM »
I am having to recharge my black filters every 3-4 days. After I recharge I get a great filter rate, but by the 3rd day it will take all night to filter a completely full unit. After recharging it will filter as described in many of the threads. At first I thought it was the fluoride filters but after removing them found it to be the black filters. They are filtering city water.

Offline theberkeyguy

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 03:44:16 PM »
I am having to recharge my black filters every 3-4 days. After I recharge I get a great filter rate, but by the 3rd day it will take all night to filter a completely full unit. After recharging it will filter as described in many of the threads. At first I thought it was the fluoride filters but after removing them found it to be the black filters. They are filtering city water.

How old are your elements?  When were the purchased?

theberkeyguy
www.directive21.com

Offline joeface

• Prepper
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 05:36:54 PM »
Less than a month old, purchased from you along with a Berkey Light. They have been doing it from day one. Have charged them for 3-4 minutes each time and they do well for a few days and then back to 1 drop every few seconds.

Offline theberkeyguy

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 01:11:10 PM »
Less than a month old, purchased from you along with a Berkey Light. They have been doing it from day one. Have charged them for 3-4 minutes each time and they do well for a few days and then back to 1 drop every few seconds.

I recommend making sure they are primed well, and "bleeding" for atleast 2-3 minutes.

theberkeyguy
www.directive21.com

Offline joeface

• Prepper
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 05:55:09 PM »
Have chargedPRIMED them for 3-4 minutes each time and they do well for a few days and then back to 1 drop every few seconds.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 09:14:48 AM by theberkeyguy »

Offline theberkeyguy

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 09:14:57 AM »

Email me at directive21@directive21.com for the RMA form.

If you only purchased a month ago, I would recommend doing the RMA process.

theberkeyguy
www.directive21.com