Author Topic: Trail camera question  (Read 2293 times)

Offline chesco_rich61

• Prepper
  • It is what it is.
Trail camera question
« on: August 05, 2013, 08:33:33 PM »
So i found a trail camera on ebay and it uses 35 mm film was wondering if anyone knew of a way to put a digital camera in it.  I want to be able to get the instant gratification of checking the film but don't have the budget to buy the nice models. I only spent 20 dollars. I plan on using it in a state game land or park so if it is stolen i'm not going to be as made if i had purchased the 100 plus models. I'm fine with the 35 mm film, but this would be icing on the cake.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Offline MississippiJarhead

• Survivalist Mentor
  • I never learned from a man who agreed with me.-RAH
Re: Trail camera question
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 05:09:53 AM »
I don't think I'd bother. I'd look for a cheap digital trail camera. I had a couple of Moultree 2.0MPs I picked up for less than $100 a piece back in 2007 that are still quite servicable.

Offline chesco_rich61

• Prepper
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 08:57:29 AM »
ok thanks

Offline kckndrgn

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Ryans Turnings
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 10:38:32 AM »
Don't know what the price was on Ebay, but I know Walmart has some game cameras for $50.00.  I use one of them and another one that I picked up at a discount store (I think both are 4 MegaPixels) and they work great.

Additionally, you can get some "lock boxes" for your game camera, that will essentially lock it to a tree.  You would need one that is specific to whatever camera you purchase.

Offline shaggyfrog

• Prepper
  • TSP Forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 11:03:34 AM »
I'd definitely go for a covert mpe5.  I love mine and it cost me right at 100. From all my research it seems to be the lowest priced quality trail cam.  I have seen it as low as $90 at one spot, but for the life of me can't remember where...