Author Topic: Fight Like a Girl  (Read 2350 times)

Offline BlueHound

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Non Timebo Mala
Fight Like a Girl
« on: August 07, 2013, 07:18:20 AM »
Fight Like A Girl And Other Lessons From A Stabbing

"A few weeks ago I saw this story on my Facebook feed. A woman, Angela Champagne-From, was assaulted in a Minneapolis parking garage. A man put a knife to her neck and told her to get in a car with him. She had no way of knowing he was a serial sexual predator. She chose to fight him. She used techniques she learned in a self defense class to defend herself and got stabbed in the process. Her attacker was later caught and she has since made it her mission to encourage more women to fight back."

http://limatunesrangediary.blogspot.com/2013/08/fight-like-girl-and-other-lessons-from.html

Offline joeandmich

• Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Fight Like a Girl
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 07:30:37 AM »
Being a Krav Maga instructor it always makes me happy that some people have the fortitude to fight back. When a knife is involved you have to be aware that you will get cut or stabbed. Its an undeniable truth. Knives are just too fast to counter completely.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with this Israeli Military Martial Art. Krav Maga is unlike most martial arts because it is the only style that trains repetitively on defending against modern weapons such as knives, bottles, clubs, batons and various firearms. In Krav Maga we actually train in knife fighting, stick fighting and the use of modern firearms as well.

I can say this because I have studied other martial arts such as Kung Fu, Judo,  Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Muay Thai and Sanshou kickboxing.

Joe

Offline BlueHound

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Non Timebo Mala
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 08:34:35 AM »

Offline bartsdad

• Scrooge McDuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • We're Vikings, we have stubbornness issues.
    • SPAMMY Link
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 09:42:18 AM »