Author Topic: Parabellum Armaments = bad service CTD.com bailed them out!  (Read 2097 times)

Offline BRM_Homestead

• Prepper
  • There's a reason our flag says Sic Semper Tyrannis
Parabellum Armaments = bad service CTD.com bailed them out!
« on: October 07, 2013, 09:57:03 AM »
I have been looking for a rail system for my Yugo AK for a long time.  The Yugoslavian variant (M70) comes in an underfolder as well as a standard stock.  I think most or all include grenade launcher functionality.  Unlike standard AKs, they do not have a rail mount on the left side of the receiver.

Cheaperthandirt sells the AKARS from Parabellum.  The AKARS is unique.  It comes with a replacement dust cover (with corresponding holes drilled for the rail mount) and a rail that attaches to the swivel where the rear sight is located (requires removing the rear sight).  The rail can be disconnected and swiveled out of the way for cleaning but is supposed to return to zero after you put the dust cover back on.

Parabellum represented the AKARS as fitting the M70 and asked before I purchased it.  As soon as I tried to mount it I realized the replacements dust cover and the rail are slightly too long (the underfolder AK has a slightly shorter receiver...about .5" shorter than standard).

I called Parabellum and spoke with their VP.  He was aware of the issue and said they could fix it.  Just needed to send the AKARS back to them.  I will spare you the long story here.  After 6 months of delays and excuses they never fixed it or refunded my money.  Communication was very poor and promises were not kept.  I went back to cheaperthandirt and explained the situation and to their credit, they gave me all of my money back in the form of a store credit.  Apparently cheaperthandirt tried reaching pParabellum for two weeks and could not get a response either.

Bottom line: AKARS seems like an excellent, well-made product but God help you if you need to go to them for support.