Author Topic: Burn with Kearns MMA Fitness Certification  (Read 2517 times)

Offline joeandmich

• Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
Burn with Kearns MMA Fitness Certification
« on: October 07, 2013, 11:27:15 AM »
I'm thinking about getting a level 1 and 2 MMA Fitness Coach Certification with the Burn with Kearn's program. Has anyone seen or participated in this before that can give me a review on it?

joe

Offline JarKodiak

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Burn with Kearns MMA Fitness Certification
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 06:09:24 PM »
I've seen it and I know he's a very credentialed and good S&C coach but I don't really know how well the certification really works.  if you do it, please keep us posted.

Offline The Professor

• Tactical Skittle Assassin
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • All we have to do is create another universe
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 10:37:03 PM »
I'm thinking about getting a level 1 and 2 MMA Fitness Coach Certification with the Burn with Kearn's program. Has anyone seen or participated in this before that can give me a review on it?

joe

What do you intend to use it for?  Are you a personal trainer?  Do you currently instruct/train in MMA?

The Professor

Offline joeandmich

• Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 05:58:32 AM »
What do you intend to use it for?  Are you a personal trainer?  Do you currently instruct/train in MMA?

The Professor

I teach martial arts and wanted a certification related more with fitness but still martial arts related for me to better condition my students.

Joe

Offline The Professor

• Tactical Skittle Assassin
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • All we have to do is create another universe
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 10:54:06 PM »
I teach martial arts and wanted a certification related more with fitness but still martial arts related for me to better condition my students.

Joe

Fair enough. Keep in mind, however, that if you use this program in your school, you  may be contractually obligated (after certification) to provide some form of remuneration if you are going to teach it.  Likewise, your certification may only be for a period of time, after which you may be required to recertify, if you intend to continue to use this program (or a portion thereof) in your school.

I have experience with such certifications although not this one in particular. Just sharing what many of these programs have in common.

Hope it helps.

The Professor