Author Topic: What is the status of this effort?  (Read 9352 times)

Offline scottwold

• Prepper
What is the status of this effort?
« on: October 18, 2013, 08:58:11 PM »
Any updates?

Offline Saint-TyR

• Survivor
    • Ruby Lane Farm
Re: What is the status of this effort?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 07:17:50 AM »
Any updates?

Great question and I wonder how this could work with the Oath Keepers- Civil Preservation Team.

Either way we should still keep this in the spot light.

Stay safe.

Offline nitehawg

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 03:09:12 PM »
Yes, we're still alive!!  It's been a painfully long process accomplishing all of the "administrative type" stuff that needs to be done.  After organizing a Board of Directors I was selected to be the Executive Director.  We incorporated in the state of Colorado as "CITIZENS ASSISTING CITIZENS"and with the floods and fires we encountered some delays.  We filed with the IRS for tax exempt status and are still awaiting a ruling.  We have opened the appropriate Pay Pal and bank accounts, but in good conscience haven't sought any donations until we hear from the IRS.  We are close to debuting our web site which will allow us to register volunteers and start organizing.  Most of us are/were first responders and are more accustomed to jumping into action right away, thank heavens we have lawyers, accountants, computer people and organizers (all volunteers) who make sure that everything is proper, legal and correct. 

Please feel free to communicate with me either here or by PM or e-mail should you desire.

Thanks and stay safe.

Offline Bane

• Fledgling Prepper
  • Citizens Assisting Citizens
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 07:26:21 PM »
We are in need of some volunteers. We need people who are interested in being involved at the Board of Director level, we will need regional directors soon and anyone who is willing to help. We will have another meeting the first Tuesday of December 2013. If you want an invitation to the meeting, pm me your e-mail address and I will get back to you. Any questions you may have can be posted here. I know with the right people we can make a difference in people's lives.

Offline Bane

• Fledgling Prepper
  • Citizens Assisting Citizens
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 02:53:13 PM »
The Board of Directors elected new Directors to fill the openings last night. We have a special meeting scheduled for next week to elect a new Chairman/Chief Governance Officer. We are moving forward and our Executive Director, Tom Patterson, is starting the process of selecting Regional Directors. We have been blessed with willing candidates from all 10 regions. Brothers and Sisters, 2014 is our year to go active and begin helping our fellow citizens.

Gregory M Gray, LMT
Director, Citizens Assisting Citizens, Inc.

Offline Russkie

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 06:42:05 AM »
Are there any further updates on this effort?

Offline nitehawg

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 07:00:38 PM »
Hi everyone,
                       Delighted to announce that we just received our tax exempt status from the IRS (2 yrs in the waiting).
Our web site is basically done (cacteam.com).  We are working on the volunteer application process.  When you submit your application, it doesn't get forwarded to us.  We still need a few Region Coordinators, so if you PM me with your email address I'll send you the requirements.

Thanks for your interest and bearing with us.

Offline AngusBangus

• Survivalist Mentor
  • W5DAA
    • Thoughts from Dillon
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 08:19:48 AM »
Thanks T!

I'm looking forward to being able to engage more deeply.

Offline RangerRick

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 06:50:12 PM »

Great idea, I am a founding member of Oath Keepers and teach emergency medicine for the Civil Preservation Team along with other subjects. I am in North Idaho, if you are close you are more than welcome to join us.
Best Regards,
RangerRick
Be Prepared - Be Prayerful - Be Thankful - You are an American

Great question and I wonder how this could work with the Oath Keepers- Civil Preservation Team.

Either way we should still keep this in the spot light.

Stay safe.

Offline AngusBangus

• Survivalist Mentor
  • W5DAA
    • Thoughts from Dillon
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2014, 11:21:39 AM »
If you are interested and haven't already, please visit CACTeam.com to sign up and/or donate. We need everyone who is willing. Signing up in no way commits you to any specific disaster response... we aren't the military. If you can't support us with your time or money, please support us with your social capital. That is, go to the website and share it to your social networks (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)

Dillon - Region IV Coordinator

NOTE: I will be posting this across multiple threads within the TSP DRT board to reach the widest audience. I believe this is not outside the forum rules given that this board is dedicated to this specific subject.

Offline ttubravesrock

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Born to be an Alaskan
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 01:34:14 PM »
I would like to suggest putting a video together and creating a Kickstarter campaign. I'm not sure what you could use for rewards, but I'm sure someone creative could come up with something.

Offline JimM1911a1

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2015, 11:01:38 AM »
I donated and volunteered.

Offline Uglow_iglow

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2015, 07:24:48 PM »
I was looking at donating but was not able to find out if this is a tax deductible organization. Not that it really matters, was just trying to help the bottom line at the end of the year. TIA.

Offline Ms. Albatross

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2015, 07:28:27 PM »
I was looking at donating but was not able to find out if this is a tax deductible organization. Not that it really matters, was just trying to help the bottom line at the end of the year. TIA.

Look on the "About Us" page http://www.cacteam.com/about-us/

Citizens Assisting Citizens was an idea first sparked on The Survival Podcast and his audience in 2012. After a year of planning, it was decided to move forward with an actual 501(c)3 organization. We are now officially a 501(c)3 non-profit!

Offline Uglow_iglow

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2015, 06:53:42 PM »
Thank you Ms. Albatross.