Author Topic: Today's Bargains  (Read 1337 times)

Offline TxGal

• Prepper
  • Texas Ant
Today's Bargains
« on: November 01, 2013, 08:24:00 PM »
I haven't posted in a long time, but wanted to share what happened today that ONLY preppers would appreciate... 8)

I had a Keurig Coffemaker. Long story, but I didn't purchase it and I didn't want it, but it was nearly new. I tried to sell it during the summer, but got no takers while trying to sell it for half of new, so I just kept it for a little longer--now that it's coffee drinking weather again...well today, I met a girl in town that wanted to buy it for $85 (which is half of new price). Yippee!

With cash in hand, and while still in town I saw an estate sale sign, so I went to take a look.

What I got bought:
2 older reloaders for $10 each (a 20 gauge and a 12 gauge); this is not something I'm familiar with, but called dh and he was thrilled at that price.
I also bought 2 vintage oil lamps for $20 each (they usually sell for much more than this.
A stainless insulated pitcher, a coffee grinder, a few nice pieces of stoneware.

Total was $71
With the rest of the cash, I bought some lamp oil and cotton wicks.

I'm totally jazzed!!! I feel that what I traded the coffeemaker for was of tremendous more real value!

Happy Dance! ;D

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
  • TSP Supreme Galactic Ant
  • Dont wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain
Re: Today's Bargains
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 08:44:55 PM »
SCORE!!

Cedar

Offline Thunderhawk

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member