Author Topic: Trying to get my mom on here, any ideas?  (Read 3290 times)

Offline TeenPrepper

• Prepper
  • Prepping for four years and its just gets better.
Trying to get my mom on here, any ideas?
« on: July 07, 2013, 06:40:53 PM »
My mom preps and cans with me but she is reluctant to get on the forum. Can you girls give her a written idea of what goes on here and what you do so that she might get interested? I am sure if she sees this then she will like to get more involved.

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
Re: Trying to get my mom on here, any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 08:17:43 AM »
Hi TeenPrepper,

Your mom would be very welcome here. There are lots of nice folks here available to offer help, encouragement, suggestions... However, if she doesn't like participating in forums, she might be more comfortable just reading for awhile. We have many members who did that for a long time before they became active members. It's a personal preference thing. Perhaps if you find a particular thread that you think might be of interest to her and what she is interested in, you can point her to it or let her read it...

Good luck (and you'll have better response from the women on here if you don't refer to us as "girls" :D )

LC

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
  • TSP Supreme Galactic Ant
  • Dont wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 10:29:16 AM »
(Oh I don't know.. she can call me a girl if she wants.)

Hi TeenPrepper's mom! This site may or may not be your cup-o-tea, but we are a really nice group here. I have belonged to 200+ online groups over the years, and I enjoy this one enough I have been here two years now. It is like my morning coffee since I do not drink the real stuff. There are many aspects to TSP and you can give or take as you like. The moderators do an awesome job of keeping the scum out. People here become friends.

If you like preserving foods at home, you might just like to hang out in the Food Prep area, but all-in-all you can learn a bit here.. and teach a bit there if you care to.

Cedar

Offline TeenPrepper

• Prepper
  • Prepping for four years and its just gets better.
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 12:02:55 AM »
Thanks ladies, she has agreed to give the forum a try.

Offline FrugalFannie

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 05:17:25 AM »
Very good! We are all probably a bit like her or we were when we started hanging out on this forum.

I don't have a network of friends nearby who can offer advise to problems I have or questions about say canning so I come here. It's like my own expert panel.

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 07:18:57 AM »
It's true... when I run across a problem that I can't find a quick answer, I can generally count on getting some great suggestions and ideas here on the forum.

Offline LittleOwl

• Prepper
  • Homesteader / Homemaker
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 04:06:54 PM »
 :D