Author Topic: Jeff "The Berkey Guy" Gleason is a Customer Service Honey Badger!  (Read 2036 times)

Offline guynobody

• Prepper
  • AKA "The Hubs"
Ordered a Big Berkey - it arrived a day early thanks to his Rambo-fast (okay, I don't really know how fast John Rambo really was... how about "Chuck Norris-Fast"?) shipping.

Unboxed it and got it set-up last night but managed to not do it right (I can read... I just don't pay attention) and had a problem.  Sent him an email this morning and within 1 minute I had a reply with his phone number asking me to call him.  I called him and he was able to determine what the problem was pretty much right away and got me pointed in the right direction.  He was very patient and answered my questions about the product I purchased and even took the time to chat about his business in general.  All this on the eve of the busiest shopping weekend of the year!

So yeah, if you are one of those people who likes to avoid personal contact and prefers the anonymity of large online vendors, you probably want to stay away from him.  But if you enjoy a prompt response to your emails and plenty of personal interaction, Jeff "The Email Whack-a-Mole Master" Gleason is your man.

Thanks Jeff for your dedication to customer support and for your support of the TSP and the MSB.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 09:50:44 AM by guynobody »

Offline Chandlerpackrat

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Jeff "The Berkey Guy" Gleason is a Customer Service Honey Badger!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 07:40:59 AM »
It's really hard to find customer service like that! I've been searching the web trying to find the best deal on a Berkey, and have even considered building one to save money, but I have decided to go ahead and purchase one from Jeff. I know Jack speaks very highly of him , and I have heard nothing but good things about him. Thanks for posting your customer service story and helping me to make my mind up on where to buy my Berkey from..

Offline TwoBluesMama

• More Evil Than You Know
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • New Blue in the House
Re: Jeff "The Berkey Guy" Gleason is a Customer Service Honey Badger!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 08:30:57 AM »
I've purchased two Berkey's from Jeff and a couple of sets of filters over the past few years and I agree that he has great customer service.  Had a problem a few years back with an order and they jumped right on it and fixed it immediately and even sent an extra water bottle for my trouble.