Author Topic: Flippydidit's Training Center  (Read 2985 times)

Offline AngusBangus

• Survivalist Mentor
  • W5DAA
    • Thoughts from Dillon
Flippydidit's Training Center
« on: December 04, 2013, 08:17:43 AM »
Flippydidit, pictured here:

has apparently established an animilitia training ground:

I would like information on how to send the rabbits from my yard to his school.

PS - For the very serious among us... this is a joke.

Offline flippydidit

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Keep 'em shooting!
Re: Flippydidit's Training Center
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 06:40:42 PM »
How did you figure out our secret training facility?  You may have seen a picture of our chicken coop/pen.  It's nicknamed "The Thundercoop".  Two chickens enter......

Only the strong survive!!

Offline AngusBangus

• Survivalist Mentor
  • W5DAA
    • Thoughts from Dillon
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 09:20:45 PM »
I have my friends in the intel community...

This picture is clearly from the initial culling stages of chicken training. I can see that you have provided them a water break station since they can't make it through the gauntlet of the Thundercoop in one go.
:)

Offline flippydidit

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Keep 'em shooting!
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 05:24:35 PM »
We've also rounded out the competition by adding geese, ducks, and guineas.  A couple months ago we brought in some younger chickens for "new blood".  It's like watching a reality TV show now.  You never know which alliances will be made or broken.

On a related note, we have a mallard male (drake), that is fond of a female Pilgrim Goose.  He chases her around most the day to get a "shot of leg".  I guess he prefers the larger ladies.  Anyway, if all goes well we might have some "Daffy Geese" this coming year.  Fingers crossed!   ;D

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 06:04:10 PM »
a poultry yard is quite amusing. my neighbor has a yard, had a mated pair of turkeys, and a bunch of chickens ranging from larger down to bantams. the male turkey was the boss and he was an ass. he was constantly pulling out feathers on the chickens and harassing t hem and harassing the owners and myself. I smacked him in the head a few times with objects at hand.  right before thanksgiving he went off to 'freezer camp'. the larger roosters fought it out. then the female turkey came into the fray and now she's boss. and a much nicer one. amusing to watch.

Offline TexasGirl

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Simple country farm girl. Prepper? What's that?
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 09:30:43 PM »
On a related note, we have a mallard male (drake), that is fond of a female Pilgrim Goose.  He chases her around most the day to get a "shot of leg".  I guess he prefers the larger ladies.  Anyway, if all goes well we might have some "Daffy Geese" this coming year.  Fingers crossed!   ;D

I had a young rooster that my older head rooster keeps away from "his" hens.  After much torture, the young rooster got the hots for one of the Muscovies.  While Muscovies do act in some ways like chickens, they are still ducks.  The young rooster is now in solitary (fattening up) confinement, awaiting trial of my neighbor's new plucking machine.  (Mr rooster was supposed to have been a pullet anyway.)

~TG