Author Topic: Ted Nugent - Survival Themed Show  (Read 11741 times)

Offline ModernSurvival

• Just a Desperado Under The Eaves
  • Administrator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Liberty is precious, fight to keep it!
    • The Survival Podcast
Ted Nugent - Survival Themed Show
« on: April 10, 2009, 02:04:39 PM »
Source CMT

A new series, Runnin' Wild ... From Ted Nugent, will debut on CMT in August. Nugent's 18-year-old son, Rocco, will also star in the show. In each one-hour episode, Nugent instructs three competitors on one of what he calls the "Big Five of Survival," including the psychology of survival, shelter, water, fire and food, and will design an obstacle centered on that skill. The competitors then try to survive on their own while Nugent and Rocco attempt to hunt them down. In a twist on the competition/elimination format, Nugent will determine the outcome himself at the end of each episode. As a solo musician, Nugent has sold more than 35 million albums which include hits such as "Stranglehold," "Spirit of the Wild" and "Cat Scratch Fever." In recent years, Nugent has become widely acknowledged as a hunter and conservationist.

Original at http://www.cmt.com/news/news-in-brief/1608368/runnin-wild-from-ted-nugent-competition-series-coming-to-cmt.jhtml 

I think this is going to be pretty cool, it doesn't say how they will be hunted though.   Could be

Simple Capture as in Touched By Hand
Miles Gear or Simunitions

My favorite though would be some sort of soft tipped arrow!  Getting hunted by uncle Ted with a bow (that ain't gonna kill ya) fricken cool.  Doubt it though probably won't be any weaponry on either side.   :-\

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
Re: Ted Nugent - Survival Themed Show
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 10:28:29 AM »
I'd so do this show.

The episode would be called When The Hunter Becomes The Hunted. ;D

Winchester32

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 09:54:36 PM »
I grew up listening to Ted Nugent.  On the surface he seems like a descent guy, patriotic and such and a great musician.  Recently though, it seems the more I find out about him, the more I think he is a psychopath.  What exactly is the appeal of a reality show where humans hunt other humans?   ???  Aren't there enough predators in real life? 

No Compromise
 Supplement

July 31, 2000

The World According to Ted Nugent
Quotes and Stories from Ted's Writings and Interviews
ON OTHER PEOPLE

"My being there (South Africa) isn't going to affect any political structure.  Besides, apartheid isn't that cut-and-dry.  All men are not created equal." - Detroit Free Press Magazine , July 15, 1990

(About Haiti) "We should put razor wire around our borders and give the finger to any piece of shit who wants to come here." - Westword Newspaper , Denver, Colorado, July 27, 1994

"[Ted Nugent's] conversations are peppered with the word (disgusting word).  He refers to his upcoming tour of Japan the Jap Whack Tour." - Detroit Free Press Magazine , July 15, 1990

"...Yeah, we want to go to Saudi Arabia, man, and see if we can't get a four iron and knock people's laundry off the top of their heads.  Wear laundry on your head and die, is the basic theme of the Damn Yankees ... (The Damn Yankees was Ted's band in the '90s)" - WRIF-FM, Detroit, Ted Nugent as guest D.J., September 25, 1990

"... And in my mind, I'm going why can't I just shoot this guy in the spine right now; shoot him in the spine, explain the facts of life to him... [Ted referring to an encounter with a Hare Krishna]" - WRIF-FM, Detroit, Ted Nugent as guest D.J., September 28, 1990

"About national health care: The government must stay out of my life. If there are weenies who are in the liability column of our nation, tough shit." - Westword Newspaper , Denver, Colorado, July 27, 1994

"... Yeah they love me (in Japan) - they're still assholes. These people they don't know what life is.  I don't have a following, they need me; they don't like me they need me ...  Foreigners are assholes; foreigners are scum; I don't like 'em; I don't want 'em in this country; I don't want 'em selling me doughnuts; I don't want 'em pumping my gas; I don't want 'em downwind of my life-OK?  So anyhow-and I'm dead serious ..." - WRIF-FM, Detroit, Ted Nugent as guest D.J.,  November 19, 1992

ON WOMEN

"Anybody that doesn't think it is better to blow someones brains out than to be raped, deserves to be raped!  If you don't think your life is worth it then please go out there, don't wear any underpants and get RAPED!! Cuz you deserve it ..." - WRIF-FM, Detroit, Ted Nugent as guest D.J., September 23, 1991

"When other guys were getting high, I would grab a couple babes, go squirrel hunting and see just how mini mini-skirts could get." - Detroit Free Press Magazine , July 15, 1990

"... I met a couple of guys in line yesterday and they say write something to my girlfriend, she won't let me go hunting.  I wrote her something, I wrote Drop dead bitch.  What good is she, trade her in, get a Dalmatian, who needs her, the wench." - WRIF-FM, Detroit, Ted Nugent as guest D.J., September 25, 1991

About Hillary Clinton: "You probably can't use the term 'toxic hootyburger' in your magazine, but that's what she is.  Her very existence insults the spirit of individualism in this country.  This bitch is nothing but a two-bit whore for Fidel Castro." - Westword Newspaper , Denver, Colorado, July 27, 1994

And if you're a woman who feels that his lyrics to ditties such as the immortal 'Wang Dang Sweet Poontang' are sexist, Nugent says, 'Fuck you and go to a Garth Brooks show.  Kiss my dog's dead, diseased, rotting ass.  If you don't have a sense of humor, you're not allowed in Ted's world.  I don't objectify women.  I'd like to think that I'm optimizing their hardware.' - Westword Newspaper , Denver, Colorado, July 27, 1994

Ted Nugent has forked over $75,000 ... paying the price for shooting off his mouth ... Interviewed in late '92 on WRIF-FM ... he referred to Heidi Prescott (of The Fund for Animals)  as a 'worhtless whore' and a 'shallow slut' and suggested 'Who needs to club a seal, when you could club Heidi?' Detroit Free Press , April 5, 1995

ON LAW AND ORDER

"I have a brain and I work that brain and it works and it knows the difference between right and wrong and it's got a thread of common sense. And that  it's not Ted's opinion.  It is how it is ...  we're just working hard, playing hard and anybody that wants to get in our way does not deserve anything less than a bullet between the eyes ..." - WRIF-FM, Detroit, Ted Nugent as guest D.J., September 23, 1991

ON DRUG USE

"... Rock and roll, the great outdoors and short skirts is what makes Ted Nugent tick...the reason that Ted Nugent kicks major ass is because I've never done drugs. I've never touched chemicals. I've never drank. I've never touched tobacco." - WRIF-FM, Detroit, Ted Nugent as guest D.J., September 26, 1991

"I smoked 50 joints in the '60s and snorted two lines of coke once in Detroit." - People Weekly , Feb. 28, 1977

ON MILITARY SERVICE

He claims that  30 days before his draft board physical, he stopped all forms of personal hygiene.  The last 10 days, he ingested nothing but Vienna sausages and Pepsi; and a week before his physical, he stopped using bathrooms altogether, virtually living inside pants caked with his own excrement, stained by his urine.  That spectacle won Nugent a deferment, he says. "... but if I would have gone over there, I'd have been killed, or I'd have killed, or I'd killed all the hippies in the foxholes...I would have killed everybody." - Detroit Free Press Magazine , July 15, 1990

HUNTING AND HUNTING ETHIC

..."unethical," says Mr. Caires, who was angered after he took Nugent out on a hunt in April.  "He shoots at anything," Mr. Cairnes claims. "You should kill what you can use.  He just likes to kill a lot of animals." (Cairnes is a hunting guide who takes people out to stab wild pigs in Hawaii) - The Wall Street Journal, July 25, 1995, 'Why Sit on the Beach When You Could Stab a Wild Pig?

"... First thing I slayed...I was nine years old.  It was a squirrel, these ladies were feeding it, you know, and I said, 'excuse me, bam.'  No it wasn't a pet squirrel.  I had it stuffed and petted it for years after that." - WRIF-FM, Detroit, Ted Nugent as guest D.J., September 26, 1991

Whacking is a term Nugent uses to describe what he does to his prey with bow and arrow.  Whack 'em and stack 'em,' he says. - Detroit Free Press Magazine , July 15, 1990

Participants pay the Renegade Ranch (a fenced in, 300-acre canned hunting recreation area) for the animals they kill - anywhere from $500 for a wild boar to $5,500 for a six-point elk.  Nugent tacks on a $250 fee for serving as celebrity guide. - Detroit Free Press Magazine , July 15, 1990

"I don't hunt for sport, I don't hunt for recreation, I don't hunt for meat, I hunt to hunt ..." - Detroit Free Press , p. 12D, April 17, 1989

Ted Nugent's Down to Earth, promises raw, unedited footage of America's no. 1 rock 'n' roll bowhunter as he whacks 'em and stacks 'em.  Nor was it hyperbole. In the first 10 minutes, viewers got bird's-eye of broadheads fatally piercing such fearsome creatures as an armadillo, a squirrel perched in a tree, some pigs and a goat. 'I love that part,' said the glinty-eyed Nugent after running death scenes in sequence. 'Let's see it again.' And the appalling whack 'em and stack 'em compendium ran all over in slow-motion replay. - The Washington Post , Recreation Section, September 23, 1990

Nobody hunts just to put meat on the table because it's too expensive, time consuming and extremely inconsistent. - Ted Nugent's World Bowhunters Magazine, Volume 1/ Number 3, March/April 1990, p.7

"On my first bowhunt on the property a few years back, I was on my own for twenty-two days and killed an amazing thirty-three head of big game.  I'm surprised I even came home. I was in heaven." - Ted Nugent's World Bowhunters Magazine, Volume 1/ Number 3, March/April 1990, p.15

"... My deer were put here on the earth.  God even said, 'Hey Ted, whack 'em.'  He said this, right in the bible, Genesis, 'Dear Ted, whack me a buck ...'" - WRIF-FM, Detroit, Ted Nugent as guest D.J., Sept.  24, 1991

"I contribute to the dead of winter and the moans of silence, blood trails are music to my ears ... I'm a gut pile addict ... The pig didn't know I was there ... it's my kick ... I love shafting animals ... it's rock 'n' roll power." - Ted Nugent's World Bowhunters Magazine, Volume 1/Number 4, May 1990, p.12

ON SKULL PAINTING

"The first thing I do is be sure to cut the entire head off the animal I wish to bleach and/or paint Most butchers saw the skull plate off at the base of the antlers, thus eliminating the major skull section that we desire. Since I butcher most of my own deer and big game, I take special pride in the personal handling of all the precious by-products of my kills. I cut the head off at the base of the skull and begin the meticulous task of skinning and fleshing the entire skull down to the minimal meat and bare bone. I will actually scrape the remaining flesh from the skull bone with the edge of my knife blade, but stop short of taking any actual skull material. ... Hunt on. Kill on. Eat on. Paint on. Live on."

Related Stories/Links:
» Assaulted Anti-Fur Activist Remains in Jail - No Compromise
» Ted Nugent Detrain ofor Assault on Anti-Fur Activists - No Compromise

CheesyD

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 08:50:24 AM »
Blasting Ted Nugent?   >:(  Say it ain't so...

The Nuge rocks!

http://www.wikio.com/video/1025011

Thanks Jack for the heads up. That's a show I'll be watching for.

Offline ColdHaven

• Coldylocks
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • How about a scary crow little fire?
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 09:11:16 AM »
I don't think she was blasting Ted as much as his own words were blasting himself. :-\
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 07:13:00 PM by ColdHaven »

Winchester32

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 07:08:50 PM »
I don't think he was blasting Ted as much as his own words were blasting himself. :-\

Exactly.........Thanks ColdHaven!! :)

Hare of Caerbannog

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 05:19:46 PM »
yea, I have to agree
Uncle Ted is Bat Sh_t nuts.
I heard him talking about shooting any immigrant that crosses his Texas property.
So lets clarify...
A poor farmer in northern Mexico is watching his children starve because NAFTA based government monopolies are making it imposable for him to grow peppers and make a living like his father did. Then a drug cartel starts kidnapping people in his village and forcing their families to smuggle drugs to get their loved ones released.
So the farmer takes his wife and three children and tries to get across the border so he can pick lettuce and support them in a "free country".
They happen to cross the edge of Ted's property on their way to freedom.
Ted shoots them.
WooHooo! Ted's a great American!

BTW, didn't Gilligan's Island cover this topic in an episode?

ldjo225

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 06:26:51 PM »
None of the quotes were recent. Does he still think/act/say stuff like that now? I mean, 1995 is quite a long time ago. I don't know about you but I've changed a whole lot since then.

Hare of Caerbannog

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 08:38:11 PM »
None of the quotes were recent. Does he still think/act/say stuff like that now? I mean, 1995 is quite a long time ago. I don't know about you but I've changed a whole lot since then.

The interview I saw where he said he would shoot any Mexican immigrant who strayed onto his land was done in 2009.
Remember, he's an entertainer not a statesman.
He's no diferent than Billy Joel or Sting or Bono.
He just wants to sell his crap.

Offline Sporadic_E

• Survivor
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 09:15:48 PM »
Yeah, the Nuge along with many other musicians should shut their cake holes and make more music. I don't want to hear their political views or views on life, I just want more rockin tunes to get down with my GF in the back seat of my 1972 Monte Carlo. That goes for you to Bono!

Offline johnnyb_good30

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 11:49:51 PM »
who is Ted Nugent??

Offline LGM30

• Senior Survivalist
  • The cold war didn't just end. It was won.
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 06:19:01 PM »
So lets clarify...
A poor farmer in northern Mexico is watching his children starve because NAFTA based government monopolies are making it imposable for him to grow peppers and make a living like his father did. Then a drug cartel starts kidnapping people in his village and forcing their families to smuggle drugs to get their loved ones released.
So the farmer takes his wife and three children and tries to get across the border so he can pick lettuce and support them in a "free country".
They happen to cross the edge of Ted's property on their way to freedom.
Ted shoots them.
Wouldn't a more accurate clarification be...
A poor farmer, who is unable to adapt in a changing world, in northern Mexico is watching his children starve because NAFTA based government monopolies are making it imposable for him to grow peppers and make a living like his father did. Unfortunately his only other skill is typewriter repair and that too is a poor choice for making a living in the modern world.  Then a drug cartel starts kidnapping people in his village and forcing their families to smuggle drugs to get their loved ones released.  He must now choose between which of two crimes are his only option in the world.
So the farmer takes his wife and three children and commits a crime and crosses the border illegally so he can pick lettuce without paying any social security taxes and support them in a country that used to be free.
They happen to cross the edge of the property Ted rents from the government by paying his tax bill thus committing a second crime.
Ted shoots them and unless he can prove threatened loss of life will go to jail and pay lots of money to lawyers, but will never recover a cent of the lost property he endures for trash cleanup, fence repair, or lawsuit settlement when one of the illegal immigrants twist an ankle in the act of committing a crime.

Offline Puukko56

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 08:03:18 PM »
People from Mexico have NO Right to cross the the boarder Illegally! You have NO Right to trespass on MY property what so ever. I don't condon the wholesale shooting of anyone, but the boarder land owners in Texas and other boarder states have taken Way too much abuse from the ILLeagals.
I'm luke warm about Uncle Ted, but unless you own land on the boarder you really don't have sh!) to say about the problem.

Hare of Caerbannog

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 08:20:45 PM »
LGM30

LOL
Well said.
But you forgot the part where Ol' Ted is arrested.
The arresting officers don't recognize him as a "celebrity" and even though he has never even tried drugs of any kind the cops look at his hair and his guns and decide to call in the K9 unit. The dogs react and Ted is sprayed and tazed, cuffed and stuffed. He's then heard whimpering, as they hall him away, "Don't you know who I am?"

And to Puukko56:
With all due respect, unless you have looked into the empty eyes of your starving child or had a gun held to the head of your wife by a drug smuggler, don't lecture me about your imaginary lines drawn on a map by a 19th century politician.
I'm as strong as anyone on property rights, but unless you know first hand what those people on "that" side of the border are facing you don't have any more authority to speak than any of the rest of us.
And Yes, I have had a drug dealers gun pointed to my head so I CAN speak on the topic!
To feed my family I would not only cross a border, I would shoot anyone who tried to stop me. And if you are any kind of man you would too. Be honest with yourself. What's more inportant to you, a line on a map or the life of your child?

Offline khristopher23

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 08:31:47 PM »
I don't know how this turned into a border discussion.

As far as Nugent goes, he would have to pay me $250 to put up with his obnoxious ass on a hunt. I do respect what he has done for gun rights. Other than that I find him repulsive and downright crazy. Just my opinion.

About the only celebrity/musician I hold a lower opinion of would be David Allen Coe.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 08:34:16 PM by khristopher23 »

Offline Puukko56

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 08:55:21 PM »
You still don't have Any right to cross the Boarder Illegally! If you have a gun and don't defend yourself against a drug smuggler, what makes you think you will do any better if trespass on my land? I've been across the boarder. I didn't see anyone staving. I might not have been in the right place. If you think you could trespass and crap up my land, like alot of illegals do, you've got alot to learn and I'm afraid you're going to learn it the hard way. If you think that if your chidren are straving and mine aren't, you have a right to what ever it takes, you aren't going to last very long.

Claymore

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 10:11:24 PM »
. . . Bat Sh_t nuts.

Nuts is relative.  I certainly think our little community appears a bit nuts to the grasshoppers.

Uncle Ted is an entertainer that doesn't appeal to everyone.  He makes no apologies and still sleeps well at night.

He's also very politically active and is a huge advocate of many ideals that we hold near and dear.  His latest book is far from a literary masterpiece, but makes a wonderful read . . . in my Bat Sh_t Nuts opinion. 

Hare of Caerbannog

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2009, 08:46:48 AM »
You still don't have Any right to cross the Boarder Illegally! ...

You need to learn the difference between laws that people write on little papers and rights that people have whether someone writes them or not. Otherwise we are speaking two completely different languages.
BTW, all your tough guy talk just makes you look silly.
Unless you can discuss this rationally I really don't think there is any need in continuing the conversation.

A side note:
I'm new here and if I stay or not depends on how valuable I find this community and how valuable they find me.
If this community is a group of mature people who can discuss and even disagree in a civil manner then I have an interest in staying.
I have no interest in staying around just to yell and exchange attacks with internet tough guys. If I wanted that I'd go to YouTube or Fark or any of a thousand boards where teenagers hang out.

To Claymore:
I mostly agree.
Ted's just not my cup of tea.
When he waves rifles on stage and makes statements about sticking a barrel in Hillary Clinton's mouth he's really not helping the gun rights community.
That said, I've watched his hunting show a couple times and it wasn't bad.

Offline khristopher23

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2009, 10:45:05 AM »
Look ya'll, I'm not a moderator or anything, so I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds, but we already have an 8 page discussion on immigration. There is no need to start another. This thread is supposed to be about Ted Nugent and his survival show, not immigration.

Here is an excellent place to continue an immigration debate:

http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=5127.0

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2009, 10:56:17 AM »
K23 is absolutely right.  If I'd seen this thread earlier, I'd have said the same thing.  Keep it on topic please.  ;)

Winchester32

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2009, 12:45:19 PM »

A side note:
I'm new here and if I stay or not depends on how valuable I find this community and how valuable they find me.
If this community is a group of mature people who can discuss and even disagree in a civil manner then I have an interest in staying.
I have no interest in staying around just to yell and exchange attacks with internet tough guys. If I wanted that I'd go to YouTube or Fark or any of a thousand boards where teenagers hang out.

There are really good people on this forum who have a lot to offer.  There are also a few who take things a little too personally & get over excited.   ;)  Our moderators are usually really good at attending to those rare circumstances.  I hope you will give the forum a good chance, as it has a lot of good and positive things to offer.

Cheers!

Offline Puukko56

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2009, 03:17:03 PM »
A few years ago I watched Ted on Bill Maher's show Politically Incorrect. Ted was debating 3 or 4 anti-hunters by himself. He was calm and articulate. He voiced his arguments logically and had the facts to back them up. By the end of the show he had reduced the anti-hunters to inarticulate ranting and name calling. Basically he made them look like fools. I think the "Motor City Madman" is preetty much for show. I wouldn't underestimate him. While I'm not a big fan, I still have to give him a lot of respect. More than he's getting here.

Offline johnnyb_good30

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2009, 11:49:51 PM »
ok so i know who David Allen Coe is and what he sings. Good stuff right there or at least some of it. but who is ted nugent??i gess i need to just look him up on the net.

Offline khristopher23

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2009, 07:15:33 AM »
ok so i know who David Allen Coe is and what he sings. Good stuff right there or at least some of it. but who is ted nugent??i gess i need to just look him up on the net.

A couple of videos:

Ted in 1978:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2yt090aEu4

Ted sometime in the 90's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qbSTATrnWI

I should also say that I was being a little hard on him in my above post. I really just don't like to hear people spewing out hate speech just because he doesn't agree with their views. I guess a better thing would be to say I find some of his statements repulsive. I too have heard him calmly debate anti gunners ( I believe on the Allen Colmbs show) and he can be very articulate and courteous when he wants to be, but I have also heard him make some of the statements as mentioned above. Not really the way to win people over IMO.

Offline Puukko56

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2009, 09:57:53 AM »
I really dislike the term "hate speech". If someone says or does something you don't agree with, just label them a "hater". Gee no one wants to be a hater. It seems to be the favorite tactic of the liberal left and I see it's creeping in here. Ted has said somethings that I don't agree with, but they're his opinion and he has a right to them. If you don't agree with what Ted has to say, then say "I don't agree and this is the reason why," and then back it up. To just say, "That's hate speech." and nothing else, is BS and cowardly to boot. Now having said that I suppose I'm a "hater" too.

Offline flagtag

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2009, 10:37:04 AM »
The left is real big on "hate speech" and/or "racist" speech when it comes to those who don't agree with them.
Please, let's not lower ourselves to become their equal.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2009, 11:36:25 AM »
I really dislike the term "hate speech". If someone says or does something you don't agree with, just label them a "hater".

Now we're splitting hairs on word usage?  That's silly.  If it means the same thing, then use whatever phrase you want.  Making phrases and words into non-politically correct taboos is also a tool of "the left".  Are we going to start seeing that creeping in here?

Offline khristopher23

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2009, 11:40:43 AM »
I agree that that term gets thrown around alot but really:

"Anybody that doesn't think it is better to blow someones brains out than to be raped, deserves to be raped!  If you don't think your life is worth it then please go out there, don't wear any underpants and get RAPED!! Cuz you deserve it ..." - WRIF-FM, Detroit, Ted Nugent as guest D.J., September 23, 1991

I would never say someone deserves to be raped because they don't agree with my position on carrying a gun.

(About Haiti) "We should put razor wire around our borders and give the finger to any piece of shit who wants to come here." - Westword Newspaper , Denver, Colorado, July 27, 1994

While I agree with putting razor wire around our border. I would not call someone a piece of shit just for wanting to come here

About Hillary Clinton: "You probably can't use the term 'toxic hootyburger' in your magazine, but that's what she is.  Her very existence insults the spirit of individualism in this country.  This bitch is nothing but a two-bit whore for Fidel Castro." - Westword Newspaper , Denver, Colorado, July 27, 1994

OK, just plain disgusting, and not ate speech at all  ::)

If someone says or does something you don't agree with, just label them a "hater".

It seems to me like Ted is the one that has a hard time with those he doesn't agree with.

"That's hate speech." and nothing else, is BS and cowardly to boot. Now having said that I suppose I'm a "hater" too.

I think the cowardly thing to do is to let statements like that (Ted's) go unchallenged. It's very easy just to set back and not say anything about the way he acts, just because you agree with his position, but that's not the kind of person I want representing my beliefs on anything as long as he is speaking like that.

As far as you being a hater, I don't think you said anything here to make anyone believe that, but that's something only you have the answer to.

The left is real big on "hate speech" and/or "racist" speech when it comes to those who don't agree with them.
Please, let's not lower ourselves to become their equal.

It looks like "Uncle Ted" has already lowered himself enough. There is enough "hate speech" on both sides of the political spectrum, not just from the left.

Offline Puukko56

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2009, 02:32:47 PM »
Sister Wolf, I'm not the who labeled what Ted said hate speech. There is a lot that he says that I don't agree with(however, what he said about Hillery C. is pretty much how I feel about her, but I probably wouldn't have used those words) Its pretty obvious that the previous post doesn't agree with Ted and that is the term he used. I don't expect every one to agree with me and if you don't you aren't going to hurt my feelings. The poster then came out with specific things that Ted said and what he doesn't like about them. I can respect that. I can't respect some one who crys "hate speech' and hides behind that.

Hare of Caerbannog

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2009, 03:10:23 PM »
khristopher23 said
I think the cowardly thing to do is to let statements like that (Ted's) go unchallenged. It's very easy just to set back and not say anything about the way he acts, just because you agree with his position, but that's not the kind of person I want representing my beliefs on anything as long as he is speaking like that.

I couldn't agree more.

I don't understand why this is still such a hot topic.
If we all agree that we like some things about the man and we dislike some things about the man, half the argument is over.
We could probably say the same about 98% of the people we know.
So what is the real issue?
We have a person that represents a good portion of the things that we all commonly agree upon. He has a few things that some of us don't agree with.
The problem as I see it is two fold.
1) He has a loud voice on the political stage because he is a celebrity with a huge fan base and lots of money.
2) Some of his views expressed by his behavior and his words are repulsive to some people on all sides of the political spectrum.

Sometimes its easier to understand things if you look at a different but identical situation.
Back when GWB was running for president, Oprah had a little Hate Bush party on her show where she had some of her liberal celebrity friends on to chat about how much fun it is to Hate Bush.
Everything went as planned until the empty headed Cameron Diaz began to speak. She got all emotional and was crying about how if the hated Bush were elected rape would become legal and women wouldn't be safe to walk down the street. And she was serious.
At this point Oprah had the same look on her face that we later saw on the face of Mike Myers when Kanye West displayed his ignorance at the MTV Awards.
On both these occasions calm rational people were stuck looking like idiots because something ridicules was said by a nut case that is on "their side" of politics.
The Left looked stupid.
But the Left is not stupid any more than the Right is stupid.
There are stupid people in both camps and sometimes people are just wrong, BUT when stupid people say stupid things in public it hurts the bigger cause.

It is my opinion that when Ted threatens people while holding a gun on stage he gives every gun owner a bad name.
Waving guns around in front of a crowd and on camera is not responsible behavior and I can't understand why any gun owner would give him a pass for it.
It is my opinion that when Ted rants like a lunatic he makes all survivalists and all gun owners look like lunatics.
That's not fair, but I believe that's exactly what he does even if he is calm at other times.