Author Topic: Ted Nugent - Survival Themed Show  (Read 11734 times)

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
Re: Ted Nugent - Survival Themed Show
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2009, 03:53:07 PM »
Sister Wolf, I'm not the who labeled what Ted said hate speech. There is a lot that he says that I don't agree with(however, what he said about Hillery C. is pretty much how I feel about her, but I probably wouldn't have used those words) Its pretty obvious that the previous post doesn't agree with Ted and that is the term he used. I don't expect every one to agree with me and if you don't you aren't going to hurt my feelings. The poster then came out with specific things that Ted said and what he doesn't like about them. I can respect that. I can't respect some one who crys "hate speech' and hides behind that.

You're respecting and not respecting the same person, first of all.  Second of all, you are completely welcome to not respect anybody on this board whom you choose to disrespect.  But demanding that they not use a phrase, because you prefer a different one is a little over the top.  And just to further my point, maybe you should read the Terms of Service here at the TSP forum.  I quote...

4) Certain topics will not be allowed such as explosives, drug use by members, or any topic which is Racist/Hateful/Derogatory/Slanderous. This means no hate speech or personal attacks. Some topics may be offensive to some people and if a topic offends you I ask that you not post on that particular topic.  Debate in our Political section can and does get heated at times and members should expect this but please keep it professional and do not single out individual members.

We certainly aren't changing the ToS to "That means no haters".  Hate speech is a legitimate term, with a legitimate meaning.  Nobody is hiding behind anything.

Offline khristopher23

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2009, 04:22:38 PM »
I appreciate that sis, but honestly I haven't taken anything puukko said as disrespectful. Truthfully, I shouldn't have said that I found Ted repulsive, I guess that was kinda a personal attack in a way, I should have just confined my remarks to be about his statements instead of him. He has done a lot of good for the gun owning community, but to quote an older guy I work with (we call him Wildcard), whom I have tremendous respect:

It don't take but one "oh shit" to screw up a whole lot of "atta boy's"

That's kinda how I feel about Ted, he does a lot of good, then screws it up by saying something most find very derogatory.

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2009, 05:28:17 PM »
Actually, you can say whatever you like about Ted as he's in the public eye & it's to be expected.

What we talk about in the TOS is personal attacks against our members.  Disagree, refute & give a cogent counter argument as to why you disagree with something another member has said, but don't disrespect the member as an individual because you disagree with them.

If anyone has anything to add about Ted's TV program (which is actually the topic) please feel free to do so.  If the thread continues in the same direction as it's been going, it's doomed. 

As someone said earlier, we can all find something to dislike about each other but we aren't really accomplishing much.  Ted's an entertainer first & foremost, granted he's outspoken.  His opinion means no more than your's & mine, his actions matter because he's out in the public arena.  When he starts shooting Mexican immigrants, or slapping around Hilary Clinton then I'll be concerned.  As it is, he's a windbag using the spotlight to promote himself & his agendas.  Nothing new about that, it's what all entertainers do.

Offline Puukko56

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2009, 05:34:20 PM »
Sister Wolf we're going to have to agree to disagree, At least I'm going to.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2009, 09:05:16 PM »
Sister Wolf we're going to have to agree to disagree, At least I'm going to.

That is perfectly acceptable to me. :)