Author Topic: t00nces2 Tips and Tricks  (Read 1067 times)

Offline t00nces2

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
    • Todd's Home Repair
t00nces2 Tips and Tricks
« on: January 01, 2014, 02:47:58 PM »
Jack did a show on grills a while back and I have a couple of things that may help your grilling.

1. A charcoal chimney. They kick butt, but they are a little pricey for something you set on fire. I buy a 36", 7" galvanized steel snap together HVAC duct at Home Depot for $7. I cut it in half and cut notches on one end of the duct. I snap it together and wind up with an 18" tall chimney. Put newspaper in first and pile any leftover pieces of charcoal from the last grilling and new charcoal on top. Light it and wait for it to stop smoking and your coals will be ready to cook with.

2. I hate the way the bottom of a grill  or the charcoal grate will rust out from the heat of the burning charcoal. I have been using a decorative brass plate to hold the bed of coals. I find the brass plates at garage sales and buy them for less than the price to scrap the brass. They work great! They will keep the steel parts of your grill from rusting away due to the heat and oxidation from the fire.

3. Jack is right. The Webber rolling bench grill with the stainless steel top and charcoal storage bin is a great grill. I picked one up at a garage sale and have been using it for a couple of years so far. Of course, I did overpay a bit.. $40