Author Topic: The Window is about to CLOSE. Get your guns and ammo NOW.  (Read 26395 times)

Offline The Professor

• Tactical Skittle Assassin
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • All we have to do is create another universe
Re: The Window is about to CLOSE. Get your guns and ammo NOW.
« Reply #180 on: March 17, 2020, 08:33:10 PM »
. . .and it's going to get worse from  here.

We have to start preparing for certain trigger events.

The media, in it's orgiastic sensationalism, is whipping people to greater heights of panic.  I'm now seeing people who I would have otherwise considered even-keeled starting to exhibit indications of panic.

The regular folks are getting more and more wound up.  "Social distancing" is now pushing certain socio-economic groups into situations where they are now gorging on the news as if it were a drug.  This is rapidly elevating the anxiety in a group that is not known for it's ability to cope well.

Yesterday, I visited one of those "dollar" stores and, jokingly, asked about hand sanitizer.  The manager, who was running the register at the time, gave a weary sigh and we started talking.  Just Sunday evening, about an hour before they were closing, the person working had a run-in with a couple that tried to force their way into the back room.  When the employee confronted them, they started raising their voices and accusing the employee of not putting stuff out on the shelf because she was keeping it for herself and demanded to see the stock room to make sure it wasn't there.

The employee, a 21  year old young lady, tried to explain that there was no sanitizer or toilet paper in the store, at all.  The woman, however, got right up into her face and started (in the manager's description) shrieking and tried to grab the girl demanding her keys.  The man kept jerking and pulling on the door.  Luckily, the employee got a way and hit the silent alarm by the register to call the cops.  The two started banging on the stockroom/office door until the girl got on the PA system and said she had called the cops.

There were supposedly three or four other customers in there, but they did nothing to interfere, just sat back and watched (I'd bet, though, that if the door to the stock room would have been forced open, they'd have joined in).

The next milemarker is violence at the grocery stores.  Our local WalMarts are running low on many staples (Rice, pasta, ready-made meals, TP, even cigarettes, etc.).  I've seen some people on Social Media "freaking out" about not having certain items because they weren't able to plan ahead.  So far, Friends and Family have stepped up, but we're still in the first quarter, here.

If this continues past 6 April (an admittedly arbitrary date based upon the general date used by the state and local governments), then we're going to see some real problems.

As far as guns and ammo?  Well, it only gets worse from here.  I see three likely outcomes, one of which is a bit sensationalistic (in no particular order of likelihood):

1.  Things calm down and return to the previous normal.  I don't see this happening, but I'm biased.

2.  This continues through the election cycle and Trump loses.   I'm not wanting to get political about any of this, but I personally feel this is being intentionally spun for maximum effect upon the election.  If Trump loses, the prices of guns and ammo will never recover for several reasons including concerted attacks on all levels, from municipal to state to Federal,  on the Second Amendment, gun owners, gun makers and even Ammo (I still posit that when the military switches to it's new type of ammo it won't be made available to civilians.  Existing manufacturers will no longer be able to piggyback supplies and purchases for ammo components.  Surplus ammo will be dried up, if it hasn't already).

3.  Trump secures the 2020 election.  This is the best we can hope for, regardless of if the whole pandemic thing continues or dies.  Eventually, the contagion will burn itself out and we can go back to wrestling with our State and Local Governments.

There is a fourth, but the outcome is totally unknown and a lot less palatable than any of those aforementioned.

At this point, if you don't have your basic needs fulfilled, I don't know what to tell you.  Get a minimum of what you think you'll need and pray that things go well.

The Professor

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #181 on: March 17, 2020, 09:42:42 PM »
 My 90 year old mother who has always been anti gun asked me if I have a gun which she said she never thought she would be asking me that.

I have a small 22 survival gun which I did fire a few times years ago, I left most of my ammo at my camp which is 200 miles away. I don't exactly have a lot of ammo even there but I have maybe 50 rounds that I brought back from my camp. I am not really a gun enthusiasts who trains with weapons. When I provisioned 50 rounds of ammo my thoughts where that if I needed more than 50 rounds then I would probably be in serious trouble anyway but I think I may go to get more ammo at the gun store.

Other than that I have a compound bow and a recurve bow, some arrows and hunting heads

My house is 15 minute drive from my mother's house but I plan to probably move my camper and anything of value to her house in the event of a lock down scenario, although I don't really want to stay at her house but she is 90 years old

Offline Adam Campbell

• Dedicated Contributor
    • Adam Kenneth Campbell Photography
« Reply #182 on: March 18, 2020, 11:40:27 AM »
So about guns and today's idiots.

I went on a date using the app "Bumble" which is FULL of anti-trump anti-gun liberal "See You Next Tuesdays."

My favorites are the ones who hold up SIGNS from ANTI-GUN PROTESTS saying "NOBODY SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO OWN A GUN!!!!"

I always ask them "So... You mean to tell me that on a dating app where the first message you get from a guy is: 'Hey baby, here's a photo of my c*ck' — and you thought it was a good idea to put up a big sign that says 'I will be unarmed on our first date.'?"

Anyway, I am sitting at the bar with this girl and she's poking and prodding to see if I am one of "her kind" which I am obviously not.

She asks me "Oh my god, YOU OWN A GUN!???!??!?!?!?!?!"

And I looked at her and said "No, I own nine."

And then she starts yelling at me. We are in a semi-crowded bar and I thought she was gonna start blowing her rape whistle.

She yells at me asking "OH MY GOD!!!!! ARE YOU CARRYING A GUN RIGHT NOW?????"

And the best part was I had just purchased a Springfield XDS to go along with my S&W Bodyguard I always carry, so for the very first time ever I was carrying the bodyguard on my ankle and the Springfield in my pocket holster.

So I laughed my ass off when I got to say "No, I don't have a gun right now.... I have two guns right now."

She almost ran away screaming but overall kept her cool and actually ASKED me to walk her to her car.

I wonder how she feels about all of those deplorable big strong men with guns right now while she's sipping on wine and petting her 10 cats.

Just had to share.

Offline FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #183 on: March 20, 2020, 12:37:50 AM »
My local weapons monger had guys lined up around the block on my way home tonight.

They emailed tonight after the California order was announced and stated that starting tomorrow the only customers allowed into their stores will be those buyers who are picking up their firearms after completion of the 10 day background check.  They will not be processing sales of any kind until the order is lifted.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #184 on: March 20, 2020, 04:18:02 PM »
Another strong piece by Stephen Gutowski

https://freebeacon.com/issues/craziest-i-have-ever-seen-it-coronavirus-strains-gun-industry-background-check-system/amp/
‘Craziest I Have Ever Seen It’: Gun Sales Surge Amid Coronavirus Fears

So many Americans are flocking to local gun stores to stock up on firearms and ammunition in the face of the novel coronavirus that dealers say they are scrambling to keep up with demand. The surge is also causing delays in FBI background checks, forcing gun owners and first-time buyers alike to wait for their purchases to be approved. In the worst affected areas, the normally instantaneous checks could begin to take weeks.

"This is the craziest I have ever seen it. We sold out of all FMJ in the main calibers … and are only left with some high-end self-defense ammo," Scott Blick, a managing partner at Ammunition Depot, told the Washington Free Beacon. "We have ammo coming in by the truckload to restock, but it will be a long time before we are back to normal inventory."
"We did have a conversation with the FBI yesterday. And they told us on Monday, March 16, 2020, NICS checks were 300 percent higher than they were March 16, 2019," Mark Oliva, a spokesman for the NSSF, told the Free Beacon. "Since February 23 through present, on average, every day has been at least double what it was last year. There certainly has been a run on people buying firearms and people buying ammunition."
Blick of Ammunition Depot said March 12, the day most sports leagues either canceled or suspended their upcoming games, was the beginning of a run of all-time record sales days. Pallets of ammunition were sold out minutes after they were released.

"While demand has been elevated all year, we saw a large ramp in ordering starting last Thursday [March 12] and set single-day sales records for three days in a row," Blick said. "We are currently running double shifts in the warehouse to try to keep up with demand, but orders are still coming in at an unprecedented rate."
"We expect to be feeling the shocks of this elevated buying for several months if not longer," he said. "Wholesale prices have already increased significantly, an indicator that manufacturers and distributors do not have enough stock or manufacturing capacity to keep pace with consumer demand."

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #185 on: March 20, 2020, 04:30:48 PM »
Homeland Security has decreed that ammo companies WILL remain open for business. A shutdown/furlow will not be allowed per federal mandate.

Rest easy, your government is ensuring its access to ammo...

Offline Chemsoldier

• Pot Stirrer
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #186 on: March 20, 2020, 06:02:52 PM »
Homeland Security has decreed that ammo companies WILL remain open for business. A shutdown/furlow will not be allowed per federal mandate.

:eyebrow:

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #187 on: March 20, 2020, 07:05:29 PM »
https://freebeacon.com/issues/gun-rights-group-files-suit-challenging-coronavirus-shutdown/amp/
Gun-Rights Group Files Suit Challenging Coronavirus Shutdown

A top gun-rights group is challenging the state-ordered shutdown of "non-essential" businesses because of the coronavirus outbreak, and leading Second Amendment advocates say more could be in store.
"Weapons and ammunition retailers are one of the most essential business types in the United States," Combs told the Washington Free Beacon. "There is no ‘except in emergencies’ clause in the Constitution and the government cannot shut down the people’s right to keep and bear arms."

Offline FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #188 on: March 21, 2020, 12:19:58 AM »
Saw my CPA to do my taxes today and he mentioned he was worried enough about so many people not getting a paycheck that he decided to pull his 50 year old shotgun out of the closet and load it up. 

I mentioned the email saying the gun store closures and he asked his secretary (Marine Corps, apparently) where she got the ammo yesterday, it was Turner's and she'd received the same email I did, two hours after the purchase. 

Kinda weird.

Even weirder.....my gun-phobic wife asking me "if we've got enough bullets." 

We?  That's a first.

Offline Stwood

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #189 on: March 21, 2020, 08:10:05 AM »

We?  That's a first.

Uhuh..........We, sometimes means...................*Have turd in pocket*

;D

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #190 on: March 21, 2020, 11:30:46 AM »

We?  That's a first.

Yeah, we had a "come to Jesus" talk about exactly how much ammo I have. 500 rounds of 5.56 and 9mm in the shed was a bit of an eye opener. Also a little on the edge that the MN guard that I had supported during their Afghan deployment gave me a box full of AR Pmags that they used while abroad. Yeah, it's hard not looking like a freak when you have something like 25 loaded 5.56 mags. I try to explain it's just the hangover from when I competed 3 gun but to a normie it does look a little off.

Offline raginrick

• Prepper
  • Glad I Found TSP
    • allzombienews
« Reply #191 on: March 21, 2020, 09:12:33 PM »

My house is 15 minute drive from my mother's house but I plan to probably move my camper and anything of value to her house in the event of a lock down scenario, although I don't really want to stay at her house but she is 90 years old
[/quote]

what about moving her in with you? My grandma is 83 and ive told her, I will come get her. You probably have more food, ammo, etc at your house anyways

Offline cmxterra

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Bugging out in style.
« Reply #192 on: March 21, 2020, 09:32:25 PM »
Yeah, we had a "come to Jesus" talk about exactly how much ammo I have. 500 rounds of 5.56 and 9mm in the shed was a bit of an eye opener. Also a little on the edge that the MN guard that I had supported during their Afghan deployment gave me a box full of AR Pmags that they used while abroad. Yeah, it's hard not looking like a freak when you have something like 25 loaded 5.56 mags. I try to explain it's just the hangover from when I competed 3 gun but to a normie it does look a little off.

Those are rookie numbers.. got  to get them UP!!

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #193 on: March 22, 2020, 07:27:38 AM »
Those are rookie numbers.. got  to get them UP!!

Nope, that's just the shed loadout. The house has considerably more. As much as the 5.56 is heavily supplied the shotgun is pushing 10k+ if I have to step down to birdshot.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #194 on: March 22, 2020, 06:35:20 PM »
 :rofl:

Offline Stwood

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #195 on: March 22, 2020, 06:40:29 PM »
Lol  ;D

Offline IKN

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #196 on: March 22, 2020, 10:44:17 PM »
I can't hardly believe it, but I saw a "Guns & Gadgets" YouTube video about Illinois Governor Pritzker actually listed Gun & Ammo stores as "Essential Businesses".
Can you believe this actually coming out of an Illinois politicians mouth ?

Meanwhile, it also appears that New Jersey's government shut down the NICS system for the state banning all guns and ammo sales.
If shit goes bad there, those politicians can kiss their political careers goodbye.

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #197 on: March 23, 2020, 06:39:47 AM »
I can't hardly believe it, but I saw a "Guns & Gadgets" YouTube video about Illinois Governor Pritzker actually listed Gun & Ammo stores as "Essential Businesses".
Can you believe this actually coming out of an Illinois politicians mouth ?

He might not be in control. I have several neighbors who work for Federal and it was a Homeland Security decree. They're going to push out ammo. I assume most will go to government agencies.

Update... A friend went to Fleet Farm yesterday. Ammo's all gone. He was talking about knowing when the Cabela's that is 15 minutes away will get their next shipment. It's gotten tight. Do what you can.

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #198 on: March 23, 2020, 07:46:14 AM »
what about moving her in with you? My grandma is 83 and ive told her, I will come get her. You probably have more food, ammo, etc at your house anyways

My mother greatly dislikes my house, it’s no where near as nice as her house and not as orderly and has no extra beds anyway. The one bed i have is not suitable for her as it’s too low to get in and out of as she is 90 years old and has knee problems

I had a little bit of anxiety that I only have a 22 but I am not panicked enough to do more and I tend to be very frugal. I don’t like the idea of owning weapons I never use or target practice with because I don’t have enough of an interest in such things

I did go out on Saturday and purchased more 22 rounds

I also have some friends who seem to have plenty of weapons

If for some reason hindsight will show that I should have other weapons then I could be forced in the future to get other weapons but I am hoping that is not the case and it’s something I should pray about also

I have been praying and meditating more which I always feel like I should do more of
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 07:58:24 AM by surfivor »

Offline IKN

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #199 on: March 23, 2020, 07:55:48 AM »
It's difficult to determine the reasons for these political moves. I tend to think it has more to do with the fact that many police forces across the nation stating they won't respond to calls short of riots and murder.
That combined with the upcoming election, I think politicians were in fear of the backlash of not allowing people to defend themselves during this crisis.
If things really go south and robbery, rape, looting, and murder goes rampant, the only way to keep it from the public eye would be a total lockdown of all media, social and otherwise. Combine the removal of the 2A with 1A rights and the likelihood of a major uprising after this pandemic passes would grow exponentially.
As it is, I think a lot of the "Anti-Gun" society people are changing their minds on the subject. A lot of those people are running scared and trying to buy a gun only to find out that everything they were told was a bunch of lies.

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #200 on: March 23, 2020, 09:03:42 AM »
Well my dad is 100% anti-gun thanks to a government funded trip he took to Vietnam back in the early 70s. Even he is talking about getting a rifle. And not feeling up to the task with the POS .410 from the farm we used to dispatch the trash pandas.

It's gone real weird. Lots of gun and ammo sales. I'm not sure about people buying up gear they don't know how to use and a lack of ammo preventing training and real world practice but it is what it is.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #201 on: March 23, 2020, 10:45:35 AM »
It's gone real weird. Lots of gun and ammo sales. I'm not sure about people buying up gear they don't know how to use and a lack of ammo preventing training and real world practice but it is what it is.

We need to help these new buyers along the curve.  Online training is being set up around country to help.  Remember, "you don't know, what you dont know:.  So we have to introduce them to the basics as they dont even know what questions to ask.  They need to know how to store them, how to teach their kids not to handle the, etc.  We also need retailers to watch for signs of depression to prevent suicides.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/nssf-retailers-emphasize-gun-safety-as-sales-rise-and-families-stay-home-1029018799
NSSF, Retailers Emphasize Gun Safety As Sales Rise And Families Stay Home

NSSF encourages gun owners and non-gun owners to use the library of firearm safety resources available on its Project ChildSafe® website. These include the McGruff Gun Safety videos for young children and an educational video for parents on how to discuss gun safety with children of all ages.

"More parents are assuming the role of educators in their homes, so it's a good to time have a talk with your kids about gun safety, even if you don't own a gun," Bartozzi said. "If you do own a firearm, be sure your family understands the safety rules regarding firearms in your home, and always store guns responsibly when not in use."
In addition, AFSP and NSSF have developed a Suicide Prevention toolkit to help firearm retailers, shooting range operators and their customers understand risk factors and warning signs related to suicide, know where to find help and encourage secure firearms storage.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2020/3/20/new-gun-owner-guide-3-essential-first-steps/
New Gun Owner Guide: 3 Essential First Steps

Congratulations! You've joined the ranks of millions of gun owners in America from all walks of life. As you're about to discover, however, there's much more to owning a gun than just...well, owning a gun.

You may have gone to the gun store, filled out your ATF Form 4473, gotten a background check and walked out with a firearm and probably a box or two of ammunition, but that's only the start of the journey. In fact, this is the most critical moment in firearm ownership. Right now, you can choose to become a safe, responsible gun owner by following only a few simple steps.

Offline IKN

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #202 on: March 23, 2020, 01:34:44 PM »
I really don't see much of a downside to this unless gun battles erupt in the streets.
Short of that, this should start to educate some of the anti-gun people that guns aren't the problem.
I figure worst case is that there will be a lot of cheap unused guns and ammo for sale cheap once the crisis passes when those people decide they need the money more than the gun. Kind of like generators and other stuff after the Y2K scare.
I know I'll be watching for great deals after this settles down.

Offline cmxterra

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Bugging out in style.
« Reply #203 on: March 23, 2020, 08:22:02 PM »
It's gotten crazy enough that I am pondering unloading an Ar or 2 in this market. Don't use them and just taking up space. Could use the funds in other ways.

Offline PorcupineKate

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Head Weed Puller
« Reply #204 on: March 24, 2020, 06:52:46 AM »
First went the toilet paper and then the ammo. 
One of our biggest local gun shops posted this on Facebook yesterday.

Some crazy numbers: 1. We’ve sold 2,400,000 rounds of 9mm this month. It was supposed to last through July. 10 pallets of 5.56/.223 a few .45 acp, .380,.38special and more. I can actually get my forklift into the new warehouse section now.

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #205 on: March 25, 2020, 12:35:26 PM »
OK. I posted this on another thread, but it is really important information, I think:

Just got a message saying that there is an attempt by the Dems in the House to slip in gun control legislation (see H.R. 5717) while our attention is diverted by the pandemic relief bill. Anyone have info. about this question?

Apparently this would require a federal firearms license to purchase guns or ammo and add a 30% tax on guns and 50% tax on ammo.

In the first section of the bill, there is this: § 932. License to own firearms and ammunition
“(a) In general.—Except otherwise provided in this section, it shall be unlawful for any individual who is not licensed under this section to knowingly purchase, acquire, or possess a firearm or ammunition.
“(b) Eligibility.—An individual shall be eligible to receive a license under this section if the individual—
“(1) has attained 21 years of age; and
“(2) has completed training in firearms safety, including—
“(A) a written test, to demonstrate knowledge of applicable firearms laws;
“(B) hands-on testing, including firing testing, to demonstrate safe use of a firearm;
“(C) as part of the process for applying for such a license—
“(i) has submitted to a background investigation and criminal history check of the individual, including a background check using the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, to ensure the individual is not prohibited from possessing a firearm under subsection (g) or (n) of section 922; and
“(ii) has submitted a photograph of the individual;
“(D) has not been determined by a court, in accordance with subsection (c)(5), to be unsuitable to be issued a Federal firearm owner's license; and
“(E) is not otherwise prohibited by Federal, State, Tribal, or local law from possessing a firearm.

here is the section on the taxation: SEC. 803. Increase in excise taxes relating to firearms.

(a) In general.—Section 4181 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 is amended to read as follows:

“SEC. 4181. Imposition of tax.

“There is hereby imposed upon the sale by the manufacturer, producer, or importer of the following articles a tax equivalent to the specified percent of the price for which so sold:
“(1) Articles taxable at 30 percent:
“(A) Pistols.
“(B) Revolvers.
“(C) Firearms (other than pistols and revolvers).
“(D) Any lower frame or receiver for a firearm, whether for a semiautomatic pistol, rifle, or shotgun that is designed to accommodate interchangeable upper receivers.
“(2) Articles taxable at 50 percent: Shells and cartridges.”.

Here is the link to the text: https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/5717/text?r=1&s=1

Offline Adam Campbell

• Dedicated Contributor
    • Adam Kenneth Campbell Photography
« Reply #206 on: March 25, 2020, 01:01:50 PM »
They really know how to make the owners of gun stores happy right now.

I wish I were a firearms dealer right now. Every time the government comes to take the guns I'd make 400% more in a day than I normally make in a month.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #207 on: Yesterday at 09:51:05 PM »
Oh my.