Author Topic: Fred's 2015 Garden  (Read 2611 times)

Offline Fredu89

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
    • VacuCork, rubber bottle corks for preserving fruit juices.
Fred's 2015 Garden
« on: April 26, 2015, 01:31:18 AM »
My garden plot is on a piece of property that the city over here rents out. It is 10x10 meters and costs 20€ per year. The soil here is horrible clay and seems like it only grows weeds. So last year I decided to use raised garden beds. I was able to buy some and get some free of these "thing" whatever they would be called for the pallets. And it works very well!

I'll post more pictures once something is actually growing there. I harvested around 6 lbs of Jerusalem Artichokes from one box two days ago.

Offline Fredu89

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
    • VacuCork, rubber bottle corks for preserving fruit juices.
Re: Fred's 2015 Garden
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 01:36:25 AM »
The boxes that are covered have been planted with around 300 red onions, 90 garlic cloves and around 300 peas. The first boxes to the right of the picture are planted with strawberries. In the back of the plot there are some goji berries and sea buckthorn shrubs. Sadly the terrorist rabbits have been eating on them all winter long so it might be that they are dead, which is sad because those bushes are a bit more expensive than the basic currant bushes. Just to the left of the picture I have planted 3 currant bushes, and then edge of the plot has been planted with Jerusalem artichokes.
Hopefully the Jerusalem artichokes can provide some sort of wind block because I live in a coastal city and the wind is always crazy.

Offline sshickson

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 01:58:10 PM »
Nice Start!!! Looking forward to more pics :D

Offline jamendjr

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 06:59:32 PM »
Love it