Author Topic: Lady's belt for tools  (Read 3349 times)

Offline AnnsSolo

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Lady's belt for tools
« on: November 21, 2016, 10:18:06 AM »
I'm getting sick of my pants falling down because of all the homesteading crap I carry in my cargo pockets. If I were a guy, I would get a belt and put some holsters on it. But I'm not a guy, so I don't know what kind, where to look, how to do this like I don't belong in a Rambo movie...you get the picture. Any other ladies got this figured out?

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
Re: Lady's belt for tools
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 10:52:51 AM »
If you just want a belt to abuse, Carhartt is a personal favorite for rough and tumble clothing.

If you're really carrying around tools, consider buying a real toolbelt. Any big box hardware store will carry a range of options. It really is the way to go rather than clunking around with full pockets. The first day you wear it and realize your right hand is naturally resting on your pencil, 6-in-1, and utility knife, you've got a bottle of water in the back pocket, and whatever tools you need for your planned task it'll all make sense to you. There are bag sets for all kinds of different tasks (mason, carpentry, lineman, etc.) so you might just find something ideal for you.

nkawtg

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 10:53:50 AM »
I'm no lady  ;D but maybe suspenders is the solution.

Offline xxdabroxx

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Dave's not here.
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 12:49:22 PM »
I bought a tool belt like David is talking about.  Seriously the best thing ever with all the remodeling I've been doing to the house.  You may find something along those lines that will work for what you carry.  I don't like heavy stuff in my cargo pockets for the reasons you describe in the OP. 

Offline AvenueQ

• Dedicated Contributor
    • In Plain Sight
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 01:44:40 PM »
I'm no lady  ;D but maybe suspenders is the solution.

YES! I LOVE suspenders! But finding some for petite women that are actually functional and not a fashion accessory is a chore in and of itself (try your local army surplus store, that's where I wound up finding some. They're not perfect, but they worked).

If you're really carrying around tools, consider buying a real toolbelt.

I looked in to this, but found none that would fit properly (see above, petite woman). It sounds silly, but getting one that fits properly is so important. If it's cumbersome and bulky and constantly getting in the way, then it's more trouble than it's worth to have it.

A work apron (men wear them too) or carpenters apron

This is what wound up working for me when I was working in a woodshop. I got lucky and inherited one from another petite female co-worker (yes, we exist!). Everything was right where I needed it to be when I needed it, and I didn't feel weighted down at all. Don't be afraid to take some time and be extra picky about what you like. Ultimately, if it's not comfortable and convenient for you, then you won't use it.