Author Topic: Stay off You-tube  (Read 16222 times)

Offline Smurf Hunter

• Survival Veteran
Re: Stay off You-tube
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2014, 03:25:16 PM »
I agree.  That's why I like to talk to people at the range, see what they're doing.  Sometimes, it just takes a little help here and there.

And PLEASE-- speak up if you see stupid safety violations at the range, like muzzling people or cars,  or picking up rifles (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) while people are down range, etc.

I work my first shift as an RSO a week from Saturday.

nelson96

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2014, 06:47:58 PM »
picking up rifles (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) while people are down range

The range I frequent makes everyone, that isn't go down range, to stand behind a line about 5 feet from their firearm.  Can't say I'd feel comfortable going to a range that didn't.

d3nni5

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2014, 09:02:29 AM »
The range I frequent makes everyone, that isn't go down range, to stand behind a line about 5 feet from their firearm.  Can't say I'd feel comfortable going to a range that didn't.

I still keep and use my flag from appleseed :).    I'm the range nerd!

nelson96

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2014, 10:05:31 AM »

I still keep and use my flag from appleseed :).    I'm the range nerd!

The only range's around here are all manned by volunteers of the organization that owns it.  You don't mind the rules, you don't use the range.  They've got horns, loudspeakers and flashing lights to aid the ignorant.

Offline theBINKYhunter

• Does not fall well with plastic guns...
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Not a tactical baddass
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2014, 10:17:22 PM »

one of the outdoor ranges around me is like that. flashing light when going cold, everyone gets behind a line, can't even load magazines while going cold.

nelson96

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2014, 10:35:54 PM »
one of the outdoor ranges around me is like that. flashing light when going cold, everyone gets behind a line, can't even load magazines while going cold.

Wouldn't go to range if it was any other way.

Offline MississippiJarhead

• Survivalist Mentor
  • I never learned from a man who agreed with me.-RAH
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2014, 07:13:56 PM »
Me either...but of course i prefer to shoot at home. Hickok45 is my hero, I want to build a home range like his.

Offline theBINKYhunter

• Does not fall well with plastic guns...
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Not a tactical baddass
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2014, 02:33:49 PM »
Me either...but of course i prefer to shoot at home. Hickok45 is my hero, I want to build a home range like his.

i prefer to go to the desert. i'd rather shoot with one or two friends who i know have good safety technique than go to a range where an idiot might be on the line.

Offline TiredOldGrunt

• Senior Survivalist
  • Tabbed: "Regular Guy"
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2014, 04:03:17 PM »
I agree w/ OP..  No one should be posting reviews of a weapon which has less than 1K rounds run through it.  ONLY THEN, can you even START to give a decent review of a weapon.

TOG

nelson96

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2014, 05:06:58 PM »
I agree w/ OP..  No one should be posting reviews of a weapon which has less than 1K rounds run through it.  ONLY THEN, can you even START to give a decent review of a weapon.

I don't know about that.  I doubt very much that I have over 200 rounds through any of my hunting rifles, been succesfully using them for years and can definately tell you how they perform.

Offline TiredOldGrunt

• Senior Survivalist
  • Tabbed: "Regular Guy"
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2014, 06:25:57 PM »
Hunting rifles are an understandable exception, they normally have a low round count compared to a defensive rifle or a handgun... THAT is what I was referring to..   I thought that was obvious but maybe not.

TOG